Sebastian Soto at Austria Klagenfurt

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ShaftBrewer, Jul 11, 2018.

1. charlie kennan

charlie kennan Red Card

Feb 23, 2020
  2. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  3. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    Is there any confirmation of this? still scratching my head....

4. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    hopefully not MLS

truefan420 repped this.
  5. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    Anywhere he can get on the field is fine by me. The last year has been a waste. The last thing he needs is another year of doing nothing.

6. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s said Holland, Belgium and Germany are the areas.

LouisianaViking07/09 and nobody repped this.
  7. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s in Juan Agudelo territory. Another bad choice and he may be done as a top prospect.

8. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
  9. charlie kennan

charlie kennan Red Card

Feb 23, 2020
    jonathan david set to leave maybe gent?

10. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    He’s already been denied right. So id like to see him in Holland or Germany. He could bag loads of goals in the former but iirc he is a bit of a slow starter so that could be trouble.

11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Juan did well in his loan in the NL. I'm sure he could have found some club in some league interested. Maybe some feel it's riches in the PL or bust.

12. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soto's final 2019/2020 stat line is 16 minutes (2 substitute) appearances in the 2. Bundesliga for 6th placed Hanover 96, and 218 minutes (3 starts) in the Regionalliga Nord with Hanover 96 II.

13. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Doesn't sound so bad when you put it that way.

14. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    What would be bad if this isn't?

15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Soto is still young and may somewhat recover. Others, like Desevio Payne or Aron Johannsson, are having worse seasons.

16. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I was under the impression that Hannover basically phased Soto our when he told them he had no plans on resigning no? Maybe I'm misremembering but I seem to remember a fairly nasty fallout between the two sides when a rumored PSV move fell through.

Unfortunate year after Soto had such a great run during the U 20 World Cup last year. Really seems like both he and Hannover handled the situation poorly though

17. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    What could Soto have done? Have the GM whacked?

18. cyberthoth

cyberthoth Member+

Nashville SC
    Aug 7, 2000
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He should have re-signed and helped them get promoted. I know that's easy to say from my couch typing on a computer but lets be honest, he's not above Hannover level and he had to anticipate this would happen because it's always what happens.

19. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Maybe he could make double or triple at a different club. Moving to England comes with English wages. Moving to the Netherlands comes with a very nice league minimum. Who knows how much Hannover was willing to offer.

20. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plus he got injured shortly after that fall-out and was sidelined for a while (months?).

21. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Easy for me to say this in hindsight and has a 30 year old about a kid who is trying to start his career, but act more professional. Again i don't know 3verything but as an outsider it looks to me like Soto and his camp focused more on getting him out of Hannover than improving his stock.

22. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Real weird situation for this kid. He was a big time prospect at what, RSL? Then had a pretty decent WC, seemed like he was going to be at the Sargent/Uly-type level.

I don't know who was to blame for the last year or two for him, but he needs to take some of it because it's his career, and he's basically wasted a couple real formative years.

As others have said, he's basically finished as a NT prospect unless something goes very, very right over the next 12 months. Hope it does.

23. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    what if he doesn't like the team, the GM, the coach?

24. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's coming from not playing in the 2. BL, so that doesn't forecast an optimistic loan.

Realistic best case scenario is he ladders up for years from the lower leagues to the lowlands & if he kills it there, in spite of being a non high profile loanee, plays in most int'l games & his reward is a spot w/ Norwich in the Championship (maybe they'd have gotten re-promoted but that's another big if).

None of our players should be signing w/ Extra Time SL or Lance Davids. He's the guy who's steered LDLT's career & incidentally is on Extra Time SL's client list, even though he posts up outside the org I believe.

25. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    how the ******** does michail antonio score 4 goals in a single match? damn, Norwich is atrocious