Sebastian Perez News & Comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by crzdcolombian, May 5, 2014.

1. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    He's starting his first match for Boca against Quilmes. They're winning 4-1

2. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Highlights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he's playing well. Although they have him playing very deep. Focused on his positioning mostly and defense as well as distributing the ball cleanly, holding posession. The other CM Pablo Perez is the one that's playing offensively. Haven't seen him misplace a ball so far.

Furnaccio, Azucarero and J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

5. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Would be great for Perez to build up some confidence at Boca. Has always had the ability, just needs the consistency.

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I hope they teach him how to shoot the ball.
    HE always seems to either shoot the ball to the moon or way too weak to the keepers' feet. No middle ground. :p

7. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    in the one game he played so far, they weren't interested in having him attack. Just control the ball and help the team keep possession. They had Pablo Perez for that sort of thing

8. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

just wanted to go back to your post @pepinointer ....Seba went from being such a horse in that MF to this recent Sunday, relegated to bench with no minutes....something has to change here boys....meanwhile his former Atl Nacional is in yet another final...:whistling:

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Really killed the NT that Cuellar, Celis and Perez all had transfers go bad. I was expecting to see one of these three with Daniel Torres as starters already. Thinks Cuellar is the best of the 3. Hope Nacional brings him back to Colombia next year

J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Gago has returned and he immediately went back into the starting lineup. I don't see Perez or Barrios getting much minutes until next season now...

Sucks
    -It's too early to say if Perez made a bad move or not. I'll remain optimistic on that one.
    -Celis...never thought he had the quality to start for a big team, personally
    -Cuellar...yeah, that one sucked. He clearly showed he has what it takes to thrive in Brazil and a coaching change undid everything

Another rough one was Lerma's staying in Levante after his amazing debut in La Liga. Put Barrios in the same boat as Perez.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Me da risa como descalifican a jugadores menores de 22 años....diciendo si tienen calidad o no para jugar en un equipo grande...

12. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    I hope he becomes a great player. I've never seen the quality in him that others do.

PS he's 23

13. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

Seba has patience on the ball, positioning, smart tackling, and is able to cover a lot of ground without being a 'carro loco'. He was a huge part of the Atl Nacional success including his run with the NT earlier this year at a time where we had few answers in that position. But like every player, confidence and minutes on the ball are very important and so with that I hope he gets a part in Boca's success. They paid quite a bit for him so I have to imagine they have a plan?

Doogs repped this.
  14. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He's played well every time I've seen him with Boca and I think they rate him highly too.

15. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    That post is about Celis.

Perez...he's great and I think he'll get even better

kromekote and J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    With the injury to Gago there's speculation that Perez may start the next few games.
    We shall see....

17. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    He's starting in the middle of a 433

18. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Subbed out before minute 70. And Boca is playing MUCH better without him.

Really, he didn't play badly. He was Boca's best midfielder while he was on with a few tackles and interceptions. But Boca expected him to be Gago, and that just isn't the kid's style.

Gago plays that position like Pirlo, dictating Boca's play from deep. Whenever Sebas has played for Boca, they put him in that deep position and it's costing him. He needs to be playing where Betancur and Pablo Perez are: on the sides of the central mid.

19. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Problematically, the NT needs him to be a Gago too... Aguilar will not be around forever...

20. lurkerhp

lurkerhp Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago
  21. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Boca may just go with 2 Cms...but hopefully Barrios does get the nod.

Barrios is much better suited to play in the center of a 433 than Perez is. No, he won't create from that position like Gago does, but he knows how to shut down play and cover ground cleanly.

It's odd. Barrios and Perez are very different CMs. Anybody can see that. Yet, when Pablo Perez had to be subbed, Schelotto opted for Barrios when it should have been Sebas. They always play Perez in the 5 position and Barrios in the 8, when it should be the other way around.

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Perez is injured now.

Not good. Could be out for 6 months.

23. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005