Sebastian Lletget at West Ham

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by JohnR, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Haha he just spoke out his ass. Don't crucify the kid lol.

2. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no one is crucifying anyone. We are debating the use of the word "IS"

3. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't believe this is true. Sanneth found him and pass it up the chain. With JK, I sense he is not waiting for "1st team experience", if he hears good things about a kid he will have a look and if he likes what he sees, he will give him a chance, like in the Morales case. In BB's case I sensed he would ask the prospect to go through the U20/U23 route first. Maybe that is why Morales held out until now. In johnson's case, he was in the Germs radar but he hadn't had a look in almost two years. Here is a question to ponder...was Johnson better than Borstein a year ago or a year and half ago? Of course Borstein had more experience but I'm not sure even back then Borstein was better than Johnson playing wise. This is what I like about JK, he is willing to turn every stone to see what he can find..."nothing venture, nothing gained", now his game tactics is a different matter. I'm still waiting for him to come around.

4. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean like JK is doing with Gatt and Mix?? Players who are consistently playing week in week out? Well Gatt has been injured, but prior to injury, JK still suggested he play with the U23's and work his way up.

His inclusion of Morales seemed more of a "Please dont go to Peru" callup to me.

what you (and Lletget) are describing is nothing new to the USMN.

EDIT* Johnson may be your only bit of evidence to defend the perception as it was JK who called him up and asked if he was interested in repping the US despite repping Germany in the U21s

EDIT** and the "Please dont play for Peru" comment was rather poor of me. He had played in the US youth system prior. There was interest from Peru, but he's been in the US system and i am glad JK is showing interest.

5. tubby_butter

tubby_butter Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Providence
    Agree 100%. I don't think Klinsi is doing anything new either. What i meant by that little example is that when Bradley, Arena, Bora and Sampson called in dual nats, it happened over time, each player with different circumstances, and with varying degrees of profile.

Klinsmann has come in, and is very quickly making Williams, Johnson, and Chandler mainstays of the team. And they are young, exciting talents - so you really take notice. Plus, there seems to be a new dual nat with every camp. I'm not saying that Bob wouldn't have done it, or hadn't started the process with some of these players. . . i'm just saying it is creating a perception that, for a guy like Lletget who probably isn't in tune with all this stuff (and why would he), it is not really that strange of a comment to make.

6. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess the fact that these players were born and raised in Germany as opposed to being dual citizens that have lived in the US their entire life, could build the perception you are referring to.

So while dual citizens are nothing new to the US, the fact that some of the more recent picks have little connection to the US outside of having an American dad might be the reason for the comment....

Or like Liver and Boliva stated... perhaps he was just saying things to get through an interview..

7. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mixx case would be a poor example since he was already playing 1st team minutes with his club and did play with our senior team and because of his age and development I think he was asked to shore up the U23 squad, it doesn't mean he won't play for our senior team in 2012. lletget has been injured for a while so I can't speculate even more.
    IMO, Morales was a kid that was sitting on the fence, he sees himself at a certain point in his development and JK gave him a try, probably now Morales has a better idea where he is at in the scheme of things. I feel this is the same thing with the Hoyos kid, he wasn't going to try for us in the U20/23 when he was already seen limited minutes in his club team, our only chance was to invite him for the senior which it never came so he stayed put (I would too if I was in his place) now with his accident and the Argies looking at other kids we may still get a crack at the kid.

8. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lletget and Morales are both not seeing pt (or at least consistent pt), where as Mix and Gatt are receiving consistent PT at their clubs and excelling. I would think Lletget and Morales would be better options for he U23's rather then a national team call-up (ie. Morales).

Now if you are saying the Morales call-up was to keep a promising talent interested in repping the US (like he did with the U20's) rather then swapping to Peru, i can understand your point. JK didnt needlessly cap him, but invited him to see the system and recognize where he stands.

I say we've debated this topic enough and it's getting close to becoming completely off topic so i say we jump back to Lletget :D

9. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed; this has already gone way off course, so let's mosey on back to the topic.

10. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agreed :)

11. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    What position do most of you see Lletget playing? CAM? ad who do view as his main competition.. Mix? someone else?

12. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he will be a box-to-box CM. I think he's the closest thing we have to a replacement for Holden, but I haven't seen him play a lot. From the few games I have seen he seems to have better vision and more ambitious passing than most of our current CM crop. I really think he might have a chance to sneak onto the 2014 team, but things will need to move quickly on the club front for that to happen.

13. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has over two years to get looks with the first team. if he is playing with any sort of consistency before 2014, he will be on the team.

14. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder how he and the club would feel about a MLS loan move similar to Simon Dawkins's San Jose move last year? That worked out well for both parties

15. Hammerette 1

Hammerette 1 Member

May 24, 2007
    England
    Seb's been getting a bit of playing time in the reserves, now called the development squad but I'd like to see him go out on loan in the new year to start getting some competitive league experience.

16. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
  17. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Lletget went 90 minutes on Thursday in the 2-0 win for West Ham's developmental squad against their equivalent at Brentford:

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10421~2657283,00.html

18. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
  19. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
    soccersubjectively repped this.
  20. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully with West Ham back in the prem (excuse me while I vomit:sick:) it will make them more flexible. West Ham can fill the benches with more players and carry a bigger squad. Which would be good for Seb but another thing it does is make West Ham deep enough that they could loan out a player like Lletget to a Championship or League 1 club for some experience. I think if they were still in the Championship even though he wasn't with the first team they'd want to keep him around, just in case.

Seb is going on 20, it's around this age players in England usually start getting loans. There's a lot of options in League 1, that league now is filled with London or London adjacent clubs, and a few on the South Coast as well.

21. Jgco

Jgco Member

Jul 14, 2011
    West Ham usually get them out young. Driver, Moncur, Wearen, Montano, Hall, Spence have all been out on loan from 18 onwards.

22. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
  23. Hammerette 1

Hammerette 1 Member

May 24, 2007
    England
    Apparently Seb is going out with the first team squad on Monday for a pre season training in Austria. I'll be at the Borehamwood game Tuesday week so if he plays I'll post up.

FirstStar, Winoman, Gorky and 1 other person repped this.
  24. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Ooh, Borehamwood. Bet that'll be exciting.

;)

Hammerette 1 repped this.
  25. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please tell me he played :thumbsup: