Sebastián Villa (Boca Juniors) - News & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Baal88, Jun 27, 2018.

1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But what I'm asking which approach is actually morally correct?

It is ethically correct to punish a person for their indiscretions

But one could argue that it is also ethically correct to give someone a second chance and not cancel them out completely for 1 mistake.

I think I would be fine if we never called him up but I also wouldn't be against punishing him with a 2 year ban and then give him a chance to clean up his act

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Last week also he was notice...because published a photo with the peruvian zambrano violeting the quarantine...

The guy has nuts in his heads

J-Mezzy repped this.
  3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    For me is like this: if im the manager or president of a team i wont never give him the chance and for me he shouldt called up again in nt........

By the other side i dont wish his career is over and his life distroyed.....if a team decided to hired him problem of them.....in my team he shouldnt be.

Bomb8 repped this.
  4. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's not up me to decide what happens to him. I personally don't want to see him in the NT. I also don't like to be an enabler of bad behaviour by staying silent.

5. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Villa to China. Thats the last we going to talk about him until he retires.

6. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Not sure exactly when it started, but after the Ray Rice thing there's been next to 0 tolerance with this kind of stuff for most of the major leagues. That the abuse was on tape, leaving no shadow of a doubt, probably had something to do with it...

Honestly, the photos are what give me the most doubt. When I fist saw them, I immediately disliked Villa.

Looked at them again, there's no swelling anywhere on the girl's face. The blood is light both in color and amount, and the cuts are on the inside of the mouth. Doesn't look like she got punched, more like something was thrown at her, she fell, or she bumped into something. ...or Villa just hits like a punk, which he probably is...

My bigger suspicion has to do with the tactic. As I understand it, she put those pics on social media before going to the cops. That she put them up at all says a lot. She wanted the public on her side, and it worked.

There's also stories of her trying to extort him prior to this apparently:
    https://www.futbolred.com/colombian...-de-sebastian-villa-daniela-cortes-hoy-121393

J-Mezzy repped this.
  7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I dont doubt that the girl is manipulative and is probably that all came from a provocation.....but those extortions storys, bad treatment stories despite could be true , are just excuses of justification of what happened that night (i doubt they manipulated chats where he apolohized with his family....also what the former girlfirend said, and the story of the abortion) ......sadly nowadays it seems more etfective the justice in social networks than with the authorities...isnth the first case that a complaint is made in internet....and is part of tactic.....but these tactics dont means of that the story is false.......as the tactic of villa of extortion after he was acussed of gender violence...

That was a toxic relation i dont have doubt, but i cant consider villa a victim and he should assume their responsabilities......if both versions are true ....both are disgusting

Azucarero repped this.
  8. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If something was thrown at her it's not any better than punching her. An expert only can tell the truth about those bruises. Cuts can be inside because of teeth. Maybe putting the pictures on social media was wise. Villa could have taken her phone and destroyed it before cops came. But why do we doubt her when Villa has admitted he hit her?

I don't want to speculate too much on the details though. We live in a very narcissistic world where domestic violence is a big problem. When we start doubting the victims we enable violent behaviour. I'm not a big fan of modern feminism, but in Latin America there is a lot of work to be done on how men view and treat women. Those latinos who defend men that treat women like garbage have no right to complain about Trump and people like him.

Azucarero and pepinointer repped this.
  9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #259 HomietheClown, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    It is good to try and evaluate these things as the facts come out.

If he is acquitted and is scott free without any jail time then it may still be up to the Federation and the Colombian manager to look into it and suspend him for a certain amount of games.

You brought up the NFL and American sports and they have been doing that lately even if there are no charges brought up. Just the look/optics and the bad publicity of allegations can bring about a suspension these days.

So we will have to see how things turn out because there seems to be something fishy from all parties involved here. There are character witnesses that are giving testimony that are making both Villa and his ex gf look like horrible people.

10. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What his girlfriend did or did not do is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is did Villa use her as a punching bag. Just like it's irrelevant what did O.J. Simpson's wife do or say before she got killed.

Maybe Villa's girlfriend is not a model citizen, it's still unfair/immoral to dismiss her experience.

sidspaceman, ryu79 and pepinointer repped this.
  11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It is irrelevant when it comes to a court of law and as I said we have to wait for all the facts. If he is guilty of a crime then he should be punished.

Where it does get a bit relevant is the court of opinion / optics./ public relations if he is found innocent in the court. Things will get ugly before they get pretty in this case.

12. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm not here to defend Villa. But whether he did or didn't, the world, the internet believe he is guilty. There is no recovery. He will always be labeled as an abuser. Young man screwed up bad and now he must pay, even if innocent.

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Looking at it from a National Team perspective it has already taken a toll and the Federation has basically made their point.
    He was not a part of the 45 man conference call even though back in March he was on the pre-seleccion for the (postponed) qualifiers.
    That to me could be a huge message sent.

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah actually that was the reason according to yeoes a month ago

15. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Didn't realize Yepes was at the fcf. Interesting.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think it was a good move by the fed and Queiroz.
    I would like to see an on the field leader develop mind you, but he is still pretty close to our core and can be an inspiration on the bench,

ryu79 and crzdcolombian repped this.
  17. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

HomietheClown repped this.
  18. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    been there for a while I think

19. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think this guy can benefit us, just give him a chance. Innocent until proven guilty.

Azucarero and Furnaccio repped this.
  20. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If Arturo Vidal can play for Chile one day after getting a DUI during a copa america.....then everyone else is fair game ;)

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What kind of people without in this forum........ tbis guy futnnacio making joke about domestic violence. Hope he is not married.

Have a woman hitter in the NT is just gain bad reputation.....if he will be released is necause the girl regret and want to finish the case not because he is inoccent.

In the other side.....villa havemt showed great level with NT.....dont understan the hurry when we have lucho diaz, muriel.....prefer give a chance to duvan vergara

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It is a very difficult situation and I can see your point and respect it.

That being said, it is just one of those cases that may be true but if someone is acquitted or has a case dismissed in a court then his a free man that should be given a second chance.
    Before this incident he did not really seem to have a habitual negative reputation of any significance.

If he can prove to Queiroz and the Federation that he will behave like a saint both on and off the field then it is up to them to analyze the situation as men and as an organization.

Everyone deserves a second chance to redeem themselves.

23. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    This is my stance as well. Even if he's likely guilty.

That said, they should probably wait for the verdict for PR purposes.