Seattle's PK: was it legit or not?

Discussion in 'California Victory' started by deedougie, Aug 19, 2007.

1. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey everyone,

Did anyone get a good view of the "Penalty Kick" the ref called last night? I didn't see anything happen but was wondering if anyone had a better view or saw the replay on TV.

2. Bruiser650

Bruiser650 New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    SanFranciscoBayArea
    Looked like BS from 40 yards away.

3. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Iffy at best...and that's from a Seattle fan.

4. Bruiser650

Bruiser650 New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    SanFranciscoBayArea
    out of all the rough housing allowed that night, the penalty was definitely the lightest. overall, bad call.

5. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was there contact, yes. Was it a penalty, no. Another example of how crappy the officiating in the USL is. When you suck so hard you make MLS officials look competent, you really suck. That Biatch was the shits last night. No offense but I hate women refs they all have a chip on their shoulder.

6. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
  8. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Somebody threw a bucket... haha. Then we got it back. We're a sad sack. I felt like throwing an anvil after the penalty and the sending off of mcclung. That was an optimistic and needless challenge, but a yellow card. The Seattle player really embellished it by jumping in the air, and the ref should not be so naïve as to not realize that. Maybe he got sent off for fighting, i dunno. I personally don't mind female refs. I'm a ref and I have some female friends that are too. Here's the issue...women should not be refereeing men's matches. And it goes the other way too. Men shouldn't be refereeing women's matches. It's just too hard to put yourself in the place of the players and understand what level of physicality is appropriate, and what is pushing the boundaries. Women often go overboard with cards, especially at the beginning of the game, because they just don't understand the tempo of the match. When I ref women's matches, sometimes the match will start spiraling out of control, and I won't even know it's happening! It all seems like normal physical play to me, when actually, this is women trying to kill each other! That's my take anyway.

9. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
  10. FCSF

FCSF Member

Apr 27, 2006
    SF, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That PK was a terrible call. It effectively ruined what had been a very competitive and entertaining game.

On a more positive note I have to thank Don G for picking up the tab at Kezar. Very generous. Was also great to see the owner of Kezar Pub bring over two free pitchers on the house. Very much appreciated.:D

And speaking of horrible PK calls, did anybody check out the Liverpool game? I think thats the worst call I've ever seen in an EPL game.

11. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Agreed. It was pretty generous. I like neither liverpool nor chelski, but i don't think malouda was even asking for a penalty. He just jumped to try to avoid whoever that was (carragher?) and took a tumble. Terrible decision by the referee.

12. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah that was a horrible penalty because there was minimal contact. Also did any of you guys see the highlight of the goal that wasn't for Fulham, now that was another crap call. Poor performances by both Dempsey and Bocanegra in that game but it should have been a draw.

13. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks--too humble! :D Whole set is now up, save for Carnaval and Burning Man.

14. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the Vics go gonna miss this view[​IMG]

It was good to see Fitzy out there again I think he added a lot to our midfield play and keeping the ball.