Seattle Supporters Clubs

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC Supporters Club' started by KnucklesBuchanan, Nov 15, 2007.

1. KnucklesBuchanan

Jul 12, 2007
    Section 149
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    What's over the top, the name? Huh.

2. Dirk Muijskens

Dirk Muijskens New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah,

The name will always remind me of the "Wizard of Oz", dam I hate that movie.
    It's like the freaking "Sound of Music" or "Mary Poppins".

3. Dirk Muijskens

Mar 30, 2005
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How bout,

Killer Whales, Flying Whales, Flying Orcas-- there ya go!

Singing Salmon, Singing Sockeyes, Singing Sounders,

I perfect team song would be "Singing in the Rain" LOL

4. KnucklesBuchanan

Jul 12, 2007
    Section 149
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders

That's actually sort of the point, in a very sarcastic way. These are the Emerald City Supporters, and waaaaaaaay too many people want the team to be named Emerald City FC. Why not take the only cool thing about "The Wizard of Oz" and use it?

5. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Northwest Death Crew

You know you want to :p

6. Dirk Muijskens

Mar 30, 2005
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Like: Whales, Fish, Lions, Cheetahs, Bears, Seals, Otters, dolphins

Dislike: Insectoids, Rodentia, and Monkeys.

Just always hated Monkeys, Chimps, Gorillas.

Maybe it has something to do with that crap throwing incident at the Bronx Zoo.

7. Dirk Muijskens

Mar 30, 2005
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'll tell ya though the Singing Sounders and Flying Orcas really sound good to me.

8. koolkeith13

koolkeith13 Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dirk, your next post better be a link to a centerfold. :D

I think that Flying Monkeys is a great name!

9. Taly

Taly Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Big Al's Brewery, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The name Flying Monkeys can be unique like a lot of grunge bands.

10. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    Now that I'm 90% sure I'll be moving to Camp Murray/McChord area in Jan/Feb...I'll propose the South Side Casuals.

Of course, it'd fall under the ECS umbrella system...

11. TominBallard

TominBallard Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I have a small group of friends (8 so far) and we're planning on starting our own supporters group with our own look (it will involve the jersey) and probably the ECS scarf...we want to be our own "gang" and have totally our own identity but we want to essentially be a "chapter" of the ECS located in another part of Qwest...

The name I proposed to my peeps is the "Hinton Hotel," named in honor of Alan Hinton...anyway, it's early, but we're getting things moving, even if we dont use the name...feedback welcome

12. SeattleSupporter

Aug 17, 2004
    North Sound Ultra
    TominBallard,
    The South end is a big area. Are you sure you guys wouldn't want to take up some space with us?

:cool:

13. bartw

bartw New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    MLS Seattle will soon announce plans for several pub crawls that coincide with EPL or Champions League matches. The first crawl is set for Tuesday, December 4th - at Kells for the AC Milan / Celtic match which kicks off at 11:45 AM (PT). Please spread the word as we want a big crowd.
    MLS Seattle representatives will be on hand to talk about where we are and where we're headed.

14. nick107

nick107 New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    thats awesome bart...

I doubt i can make this one...i hope in the future we can get some weekend matches, it would make attending a lot easier. I envy you though getting paid to meet with the locals and watch a few matches. do you need an assistant i could get your beers and take notes. just saying...you know...

15. KnucklesBuchanan

Jul 12, 2007
    Section 149
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Shockingly, I might be able to make this one. I'm tentatively planning on it, because I really want to be able to shout 'ka-KA!' at the top of my drunken lungs every thirty seconds or so. I may bust loose with the occasional "Putenschnitzel" as well.

16. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THE CROOKED WILLIES!

have a symbol of an orca with a beer in his hand and a pirate eyepatch and a sounders tattoo on the dorsal fin-with piercings. what a logo that would be.

17. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    ALRIGHT

So I know this Nigerian guy, this Japanese guy, this Bolivian guy, this guy from Bosnia and this girl from Korea who are all soccer fans and want to form a group. I'm thinking it may be more in the vein of La Barra Brava mixed with Toronto's Tribal Rhythm Nation.

Drums, songs and smoke bombs.

Would they be welcome near ECS or should they buy their tickets in another part of the stadium?

18. thanatos80

thanatos80 New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Burien, WA
    They would be more than welcome with the ECS, since we do pretty much all that, already. Well, except we have a smoke machine, not smoke bombs. Douchebag Darryl (qwest field head of suck-urity)gets a little carried away if you light up smoke bombs.:rolleyes: As the ECS FO liason, I'm going to see if we can get permission for the type of smoke makers the Houston fans used at the MLS Cup, since those are non-flammable.

19. koolkeith13

koolkeith13 Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They sound like just the sort of people that an as yet unnamed ultras subgroup of the ECS is looking for. The group has been pretty active even during this offseason. The next event we're looking at doing is a Tacoma Stars indoor game on the 15th.

Either way, tell your folks to introduce themselves here or over on the ECS boards.

20. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto on that.

While real smoke is pretty much a no-no in Qwest (we did do it a few times in 2006... although a couple of us got kicked out at the very last match), we do light 'em up at Starfire matches and for the most part they tolerate it there. Only one match where we got told by the po-po to tone it down, but no ejections.

So if you want to do the real smoke, come on out to the USL-1 matches this next summer at Starfire!

21. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    Ok, the new supporters group met in an informal meeting earlier tonight at Murphy's Irish Pub in the U-district. (where some watch footy).

This is what I know:

There were about 15 people who came, of the 5 core people, they each brought about 3 people with them.

They voted to remain an independent supporters group rather than a wing of ECS.

There is no name as yet, but they toyed with joked around the idea of "Benetton Massive" due to the multi-ethnic, multi-national, "united colors" nature of the core members. This name is doubtful as they would rather not run afoul of the corporation and it is doubtful MLS would put them on their websites with a corporate name.

Though they could not agree on a name they agreed on their slogan "Unus Diligo, Unus Venatus, Unus Seattle" in Latin or "One Love, One Game, One Seattle". Though I'm nor sure about the latin.

They agreed on flags, and a capo as well as smoke.

They are looking to make at least one of the games at Starfire but its kinda far from where most of them live.

They agreed to meet again next month.

That's it. I'll let you know more as i know more.

22. Couverite

Couverite Guest

Since Murphy's is not in the U-District, I call shenanigans.

This is more of you trying to play "the insider" just like you do with mlsrumors. And sure, they'll show up just the Legion showed up (which you were a member), I'll wager.

23. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    Murphy's is in between Wallingford and the U-District. It is closer to the U-dist in my opinion and it's clientel reflect that. It is also MLS friendly as there exist a Columbus Crew Jersey hanging on the wall on the left side of the pub.

24. Couverite

Couverite Guest

Christ, Murphy's is two blocks from Wallingford Ave N and the QFC with the giant WALLINGFORD sign - it's in the heart of Wallingford! http://www.murphyseattle.com/ - Their website even says they're in Wallingford! Next time when you're making stuff up, use O'Shea's, it at least is in an area that is more "U-District" than "Wallingford" even if it is technically in the latter.

For those new to Seattle and the Northwest:

Wallingford - Tiny and very expensive Craftsman homes (and a few apartment buildings). Bounded by I-5 and Stone's Way on the east and west respectively, Lake Union on the south and more or less 60th St N on the north. Bargain-hunting young urban professionals colonized the area after the noxious Gasworks closed. A bit more upscale and yuppie in terms of living, shopping and dining (though not particularly corporate).

University District - Apartments and subdivided residential homes, dominated by the Ave and the University. I-5 on the west, 25th Ave NE on the east (more or less), Ravenna and Cowen Park on the north (more or less) and Lake Union and the shipping canal on the south. Downscale and more youth/student oriented (though plenty of national chains on the Ave. to be sure).

25. KnucklesBuchanan

Jul 12, 2007
    Section 149
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Gotta side with Couverite on this one. Ask any Seattle native where Murphy's is, and the first word out of their mouths will be 'Wallingford'. If it's on the west side of I-5, it is not in the U District. If you must have an Irish pub in the U District, you are allowed to use Finn MacCool's or the Emigrant (I suppose there may be one in between the two, but I don't generally drink anywhere but the Big Time if I'm in the U District or at Der Bier Stube, which is NOT in the U District, but closer than Murphy's).

'Shenanigans' are granted.