Seattle Sounders Logo

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Dan Kohner, Aug 19, 2017.

?

Should they add the Seattle monorail to the Sounders logo?

Poll closed Aug 22, 2017.
  1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

66.7%
  1. Dan Kohner

Dan Kohner Member

DC United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2017
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    IMG_0171.GIF IMG_0170.GIF As a Sounders fan I love their logo, but for awhile I always thought something was missing. What is more iconic to Seattle then the Space Needle, but then it hit me, The Seattle monorail. I thought that they should have put the monorail going around the lower portion of the Space Needle. What does everyone think about the idea. Two of Seattle's most iconic features on the logo together.

2. terrier

terrier Member

May 31, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I don't love Seattle's logo. I don't even like it. But I don't think adding a monorail to it will help.

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  3. Dan Kohner

Dan Kohner Member

DC United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2017
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    To each his own, but I believe it is very iconic of Seattle! I believe 95% of Sounders fans would agree.

4. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uhh.. No. the monorail isn't an iconic Seattle feature.. It is an increasingly rundown tourist trap.

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  5. Dan Kohner

Dan Kohner Member

DC United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2017
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    When people think of Seattle they think of two things, the Space Needle and the monorail. As run down and unimportant it may be, it still is iconic.

6. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you mean the Space Needle and the flying fish..

7. terrier

terrier Member

May 31, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Mount Rainier is iconic, not the monorail. I think a better crest would ditch the dueling shield shapes and incorporate the mountain looming large in the background and the needle as a foreground accent. Would that be *the best* crest? Probably not. Anything so literal will never be truly great. See Chicago for a great crest.

8. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My problem (as an out of market fan) is the green. I've just never really been on board with it. I prefer "volt", even if it's a little bit of a cliche (at least down in minor league soccer). Even more so, just bring back the old green.

9. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obligatory:

SixKick and phoenixhazard repped this.
  10. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I personally hate the logo and I think the green is pretty ugly too. Blue jerseys with white shorts and that rave green accent would be infinitely more beautiful and honor the sounders tradition more too. I think and orca woudl have been the cool thing to have in a shield...

11. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Hey all,

New to the board. I like the logo and the Sounders branding generally. Have to agree that the monorail doesn’t seem all that iconic. Mount Rainier, Pike Place, orcas or salmon are all more iconic. If you wanted to add something, maybe Rainier in the background. Probably too busy.

12. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there any super talented graphic designers that could mockup a more traditional/cooler shield? Something with an orca or rainier on it? would be fun to see some

13. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't even know Seattle had a monorail until after my 3rd visit there (last year).