Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by HectorF18, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Calm down. All i'm saying is people must be upset at the fact that they are paying MLS type money for 3rd division soccer in a college stadium, on turf, with permanent football lines, around a track...

2. sugit

sugit Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Sacramento
    From what I understand, this was probably a big part of it.

3. Kaece

Kaece Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Except that, apart from the inaccuracies concerning your reference to "MLS type money," given the universal support and growing deposit base, the only one who appears to be upset about anything is...you, albeit in a poorly disguised passive-aggressive way.

4. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Like I told you Quakess, the original venue was Hughes Stadium (with the turf and football lines), so a large majority of the season ticket depositors began this whole process expecting to pay MLS type money for a third rate venue. Go back through the old post and threads.

The Cal Expo opportunity was a bonus

QuietType repped this.
  5. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you speak for all Sac Rep fans? No.

6. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Not sure why you want to come off as such a douche. Season ticket deposits began in August. The announced venue at the time was Hughes Stadium at Sac City College. The prices then are about the same as they are today.

In late November, after about 2700 season ticket deposits had been taken, it was announced that Cal Expo was being pursued as a possible (later likely) destination, ala temp soccer stadium.

So, to answer your question; No I do not speak for everyone. But I also don't think the "post Cal Expo announcement" STH depositors are going to tell the Republic to F- off over the first few games being played at Hughes. They are not dumbasses; unlike some of the dumbass posts I'm dealing with.

QuietType and ChinaBlue repped this.
  7. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is me asking that people will be upset with moving from a SSS with grass to a stadium with a track, turf, and permanent football lines tickle you the wrong way? Its a legitimate concern. Use your head instead of getting all upset for no reason.

8. Kaece

Kaece Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Because:

1. Saying that "people must be upset," as you did above, is not asking...it's making a statement, and one that is without support and contrary to all evidence, which you continue to ignore; and

2. As has been pointed out, several times now, it's not moving from a SSS. It's potentially moving to a SSS. Big difference.

9. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Dude, you are seriously embarrassing yourself. Go back, read what you first posted (slowly- so you understand), then read what was replied to your post (again- slowly so you understand).

If you can't figure out the conversation you participated in, do us all a favor and step away from the keyboard.

10. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quakesss, most people put down season ticket deposits with Hughes slated to be the home venue(myself included). They got the Cal Expo location lined up at the tail end of last year, and being a better venue for soccer it was a bonus for all fans. So, while dissappointing if we have to play our opener at Hughes, it's not that big a deal considering most STH were fine with the concept of it being there in the first place.

11. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right back at you.

12. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just think its funny that you guys are speaking as if you represent the entire fan base. You can speak for yourselves, but not for others. I get what you guys are saying about moving into Cal Expo would just be a bonus and "people knew they were buying tickets to Hughes", but did they really?? How do you know that some of those fans thought it would be at Cal Expo? YOU DONT. You can speak for your self's, but not others. Common sense would lead us to believe that some people will be upset about watching games at a stadium with a track, turf, and permanent football lines.

13. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're not speaking on behalf of all fans, we're presenting points to show why your argument is wrong. The majority of season tickets were purchased before Cal Expo was announced. Hughes stadium was clearly stated as the home venue in all media and on the season ticket page, including the original seating chart. The club has also been clearly stating over and over that if Cal Expo falls through, they would resort to playing at Hughes. People buy season tickets with all of this as knowledge. Will some people not like it? Of course! And if they don't like it? They can get a full refund and not attend games - it's as simple as that. Heck, there are some people out there who are upset because the team will be at Cal Expo, because Hughes was a more convenient location for them. No one is trying to say Hughes is a good venue. We're saying people already know this and have their deposits down knowing this. You're saying a bunch of people bought season tickets with no idea where the team would be playing and are now going to raise an uproar because suddenly Hughes will be the venue. That's just not the case.

Bosnian Diamond repped this.
  14. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Looks like the Republic are making a big season ticket push with their club seating option. I received an email from two different sources. The first was through my son's soccer league. Hitting up the soccer leagues is a good move. Each league is a large group of soccer-interested people. And there are a lot of leagues in the area.

The second was from Cal Fit. Going through the fitness clubs is another smart move.

I imagine they will cruise past 5k season ticket sales.

15. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    They should advertise at the colleges (Sac State, UC Davis, CRC,).

16. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I asked a sales rep about the "Club Seating" vs regular sideline, since it's the same view, and they said it was reserved for soccer leagues and partners and they couldn't sell me a season ticket in there. Kind of weird, but sounds like they're extending offers now.. Seeing as how tomorrow is the last day to "secure your deposit", whatever that means.

17. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    There is a discount for using the club seating option vs sideline, $331 vs $411. Calfit is doing a sign up open house with SRFC in attendance this weekend, and the youth soccer club has a March 7 deadline.

I am sticking with my sideline option, though. I should have a pretty high priority for seat selection, since I placed my deposit the very first morning it opened. I plan on sitting as close to center as possible. The extra $$ is worth it for good seats.

With club seating, each club is assigned the group of seats that was purchased, and the club divvies them out. You don't get to select where in the club section you want to sit; you may not even be able to select which seat within the assigned area, depending on how your respective club hands them out.

18. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting, thanks for that info! Makes sense, but my initial thoughts were they're really going to sell 1/4 of the stadium out with soccer leagues and gym season ticket holders? Seems strange, like how fill will those sections be any given game?

19. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Individuals are still buying their respective season tickets. I may not have been clear for the club seating; once you get your seat, it's yours for the season. Its not a game by game handout (unless your specific group decides that). Smaller groups, like specific youth teams may go in together on a few seats, and divvy up the season tickets, but if you want to buy two of your own, (say through Calfit or your soccer club) the seats you get are yours for the season.

The idea behind the soccer club plan is to have a large youth representation (wearing their team jerseys) at the games.

20. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
    If you haven't been contacted already about your seat selection I would give the team a phone call. I received a seat selection phone call a couple of months ago.

21. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I spoke with a rep a while back, too. Gave him the particulars of where I wanted to sit. Now I'm just waiting for actual seat assignments. The Cal Expo vote tomorrow will accelerate this, I'm sure.

22. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    E-mails from SRFC should be going out soon giving your seat assignments, STH information, and finalizing the season ticket $$. I called today to check the status and was given my seat assignment.

They have surpassed 4500, and are "unofficially" aiming toward 6K.

23. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Just got the email.

24. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    MLS Commissioner: Support Republic FC for MLS to take notice -- Sacramento Bee
    As I recall, the original goal was 5,000 season tickets total.

25. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes