Season Tickets/Wednesday games

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Transparent_Human, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but im probably going to buy season tickets for next season, the problem is i probably can't go to Wednesday games, I don't exactly recall how many wednesday games the Revs have, but would they be enough to justify not spending money on the season tickets.

2. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    There's 3-4 wedensday night games a year if I remember correctly. This year with the ESPN contract, some of those games would be move to Thursday nights.

I don't think that it would be enough to justify NOT spending the money for season tickets.

3. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    I thought the league was signing a contract with someone for Friday night games.

I think we had 3 weeknight home games this year.

4. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Thursday nights are the espn2 games.

FSC will be showing saturday night games and univision will have games on sunday nights.

They only have 30 games next year. There are 31 weeks in the MLS calandar. That makes 2+ games to make up if you play every week except when you have a bye.

Therefore, I'd expect 1-2 thursday home games and maybe 1 or 2 wednesday games if scheduling gets tricky.

If the Revs are in that new competition with the mexican league, those games will probable be some of the special event tickets. Those games are going to be on tuesday or wednesdays from what I've heard. It's still up in the air, but Garber said they would select teams based on standings, which should include us, but his word isn't exactly trustworthy.

5. Medeiros

Medeiros Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Pawtucket, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am looking into getting season tickets this year as well, one more thing to note is that the Gold Cup will be next year (Kraft has done well in getting games here)

Also, I wish they would announce the details of the MLS/Mex tourney soon. No one is even certain if they REVs will participate, and if so if they would even get a home game. According to matchnight.com, Dallas and the Galaxy have been confirmed. This means the REVs are probably not going to make it.

If MLS could announce the schedule, I would be much more inclined to buy season tix if I knew we were having a home games vs a Club America for example

6. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kraft in the past three/four years hasn't done well in getting games here. And the games he's getting recently aren't exactly causing people to run to the ticket windows.

Well 8 teams are going to participate ... so, who knows.

Ah, thanks for the laugh. The league, I'm expecting, will start their season either March 31st or April 7th. Sadly they'll come out with the schedule within a month of those days.

I still think you should get tickets. We need more fans to show up ... especially guys like you that love the game.

7. Medeiros

Medeiros Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Pawtucket, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the love, I always follow New England and never miss a game on TV. The problem is, not to start a new stadium thread, but its tought to attend games in foxboro when you 1)dont own a car 2) are a poor college student
    On that note, next may I'll be graduating from college so I'll be able to commit more and be more involved with the supporters of the REVs (thats why im looking into season tix).

Ive been following MLS for long now and I know they wont announce the schedule till weeks before so Im just getting my hopes up for details on the MLS/Mex tourney

Another question for season ticket holders--- they promise 20 games a year, I assume this year you were given 18 (16 home season games, celtic and the chicago playoff game) Do the other two just move over to next year???
    Also, with the 2007 schedule changes were only gauranteed 15 home games so Kraft will need to get 5 extra games

8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, they transfered the money for those two tickets into next year's season ticket price. If you want a refund, they would of course, give it to you.

I believe they'll figure out a way to get 5 games. I know I heard from someone in the organization that they really have a couple of very potentially good matchups set for Gillette, but I'm not sure if they included the Revs playing in them. One of those 5 tickets would hopefully be a playoff game, another might be a USOC game, another might be the Gold Cup, another might be the game against a Mexican team ... so who knows at this point.

9. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    I was in the same boat earlier this year, I graduated in May. Once you get some cash in your wallet and some reliable transportation, getting to Foxboro is no problem at all.