Season tickets/Cauldron questions

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by staubio, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    Firstly, if I'm incorrect, then you're (or another of your friends)the douchbag who started a fight with Spoon and he's the idiot who came on here and tried to play big man by starting a thread calling Spoon out. I remember the incident quite well, and I know that I put Uppa 90 on ignore for most of the season because of it.

Secondly, it was completly called for considering that Uppa 90 made a not-so-subtle stab at us, and given the history, he is way off base doing so. You may not like it, but I call it as I see it.

Thirdly, it's obvious from the newcomers' posts that they're ALREADY enjoying the game, and that they're simply curious if they'll enjoy the game more by standing with us. You'll notice that everyone has been encouraging, but not insisting that they come sit with us. We realize the Cauldron is not for everyone.

2. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126824

AM I? Am I really wrong? Eat it, jacknuts. Sorry for accusing you for being the douchbag, unless you're the one who called Lisa a stupid bitch. In which case I don't know why you're even bothering posting in this thread.

3. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow, this is really disappointing. i tried to make a simple reply so as not to allow this thread to be hijacked by an incident that happened months ago and now you're calling me out too (jacknuts?). listen up chief. i said you were incorrect because you accused uppa90 of starting that argument. you WERE wrong because he didn't start any argument. true, it was his comment that started the fiasco, but it was directed at francisco gomez. as noted in the thread you've linked, spoon took it upon himself to correct uppa90. the vulgarities began to fly when a friend of mine, who has never posted on here before, stood up for uppa90. in turn, spoon's wife stood up for him. now, i'm not defending anybody who was calling names (that's pointless), but I AM defending uppa90 and myself from your slanderous accusations. as for me, i've never opened my mouth towards spoon or his wife. hell, i tried to get everyone to shut up and calm down. jesus, i feel like i'm back in high school or something.

now, as for the 'jab' that you feel he took towards the cauldron, i'll let him speak for himself. i will offer my own perception of his comment, however. i thought it was merely a personal opinion to be valued at the same level as everyone else's on this forum. i didn't detect any sort of jab. from what i know, he likes the cauldron and what it stands for. tonality and other expressive natures in speech are easily misconstrued in the written word... especially on message boards. knowing that you've had uppa90 on your ignore list, it's not surprising that a misunderstanding might've taken place. neg rep me if you want, or even put me on your ignore list, i don't care. hell, it might be a good idea. i'm sure you've formed an opinion about me now as well, which will now lead to the possibility of you misinterpreting my posts. :rolleyes:

finally, i apologize to everyone who doesn't care about this. i hate it when threads get off topic more than just about anyone, but this was necessary to explain.

4. furryogre

furryogre New Member

Oct 13, 2004
    PA
    Can we get a moderator to clean up this thread? Maybe make another one called "Catfight"? :rolleyes:

I really am interested in trying to start a second section. As far as how we pull it off, you'll find that the Wizards ticket office is VERY accommodating to season ticket holders. If we gave them a list of names, number of tickets wanted each, and said "hey, we'd all like to be in the same section, within X rows of each other", they'd give us good options.

I've never seen numbers, but I've always been curious how many actual season ticket holders there are. At one home game this year, friends of ours bought two tickets at the window right before game and got Section 117, Row 2! Was kind of surprised that good seats like that are available for every game.

5. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This year, with the extra home game being added, there were 3 special game tickets. (Down from 4 the prior year.) You say "given", but you pay for them just like the other 15 tickets...

Next season we will have CONCACAF Champions Cup games along with (possible) Open Cup matches to use the special game tickets on. Definitely an improvement over 2003, when we received a credit because 1 or 2 of the four special tickets never got used.

6. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    taken to PM's, sorry everybody.

7. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha true :)

8. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah in my basement back at home we have a couple of signed balls and some pictures of Meola and Preki signed it's really cool. It always impress' my friends that aren't soccer fans that we could have so much signed stuff.

9. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F'Ogre I might be interested in this. I like be in and around the knowledge and passion a bit more but not always in the corner. A second section could be well received without affecting the Cauldron is doing; maybe two sections over from the Cauldron where we could still occasionally chant with them thus affecting everyone in between to get off their hands, etc... KCWizFlag used to post on here and there's actually about three rows right in middle section of fairly boisterous persons of himself, John the English guy etc... and his crew. Maybe they'd be up for migrating over one section. Could kinda be like a slow plague as we slowly begin to assimilate everyone in between. I've yet to renew my tix for next year but it is inevitable. I do suggest Sec 117 though.

10. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two sections away is good. Like you said, you can still cheer with us. That may actually help to get the rest of those that sit on their arse the whole game to get into the passion of the game. Good idea.

11. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Borrowing from Dennis Miller..."maybe I'm too nice because really, calling him a douchebag would be an insult to bags of douche".

Anyway.

As my boardname suggests, I've been a season ticket holder form the beginning. The first year I had the "flex-plan". I would also reccommend it. Most every game I sat either with the Brazilians or in Row 2 seats 16 & 17 of the section across the field from the benches directly in the middle; 117 I think. No better seat in the house in my opinion (except maybe Row 1). The next several years those two seats I kept getting in exchange for my vouchers became my seats. Except for occasional visits to the Cauldron, I sat there. The last few years have been either paying the season ticket field price x2 to stand in 114 (The Cauldron) or just paying the GA price to sit there (this season).

I'm all for a season ticket for the Cauldron if and only if it guarantees a reserved section AND the prevailing rate is reasonable. Otherwise why should anyone pay more for essentially nothing? Everyone concerned understands what people are paying to sit in 114. The only reasonable (read: non-BS) arguement against is that the fans need the tunnel access. Fine, that's what the other side of the tunnel can accomodate.