Season Ticket Refunds?

Discussion in 'Saint Louis Athletica' started by CoCo_S_T_L, May 27, 2010.

1. CoCo_S_T_L

CoCo_S_T_L New Member

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Anyone know if we're getting pro-rated refunds for our season tickets?

If the organization had any class they'd automatically cut checks to all the season-ticket holders, and email us all ASAP about how long the process will take. However my guess is we'll all have to individually call in and/or fill out paperwork to get our money back.

And if they even try to get me to switch my tickets to AC STL.... :mad:

2. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I dunno; honestly, if my season ticket money was still in the coffers somewhere, I would hope it finds its way into one of the girl's accounts. And as upset I am that it seems ACSTL caused Athletica's downfall, I can't be mad at the team itself or the players. That's not to say, though, that I'm really thinking of going to any ACSTL games at the moment, even though I have season tickets there, too.

3. pokey55

pokey55 Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Do they even have the money for refunds? I would think someone (the league) would step in if not just to avoid the continued negativity. I can't remember where/when I read this or if it was true/rumor but I know at one point there was a rumor players weren't being paid. If that's true, refunds might be tough to come by.

4. CoCo_S_T_L

CoCo_S_T_L New Member

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    I feel the same way, and if we KNEW the money went to help pay the ATHLETICA players I'd gladly forfeit it. They're the ones really getting screwed here.

AC STL can have my money when they're promoted to MLS. Their sure promotion within a few years is the reason AC STL is such a better investment compared to Athletica- at least according to all of the posters over in the AC forum.

So boys, when you have an MLS crest on your uniform and maybe a player or two who has actually played on their national team and that people have actually heard of, then you'll see me in the stands and I'll have no problem dropping some of my hard-earned money on you. Until then I don't plan on stepping foot in Soccer Park.

5. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they had money for refunds, I can almost guarantee they're sinking it right into the AC St. Louis toilet. But my guess is there isn't any money. The team was bled dry, between their own losses and the money they spent to get AC St. Louis up and running. So we can forget about it. I'd like to know how much of the money went into the former and current owner's pockets before all this went down.

6. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Maybe, if there's no refund, we should all show up at the Simmons' law firm and do a sit in calling out Cooper. After all, he is still "of Counsel." I doubt his co-counsel would appreciate it. Maybe they will pay us back with Athetica gear. :(

7. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cooper should be made to pay in some way because it's clear he NEVER cared about the Athletica otherwise he wouldn't have dumped them after barely more than one single season.

Obviously you don't buy a sports franchise only to have it die after 1 season!

8. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NO WAY would I want that.

Actually because we have envelopes full of unused tickets they can be legally required to give us refunds for those tickets if we chose to pursue it.

I'd rather have the money go to a future Athletica team eventhough I know they won't use it for that and that would be just a drop in the ocean anyway. :(

9. CoCo_S_T_L

CoCo_S_T_L New Member

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Yeah, I thought there was some sort of implied legally binding contract when you have a printed ticket to an event. Anyone know?

And if AC is still in operation then I don't want to hear that there is no money for refunds. If both teams fold then I guess I can stomach the financial hit, but if AC remains then that means there is money around.

I plan on calling the office first thing tomorrow morning. My guess is I'll just get voicemail. But if I do hear anything from them before I head off on holiday I'll let everyone know.

10. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you can forget the contract thing, although I might be wrong. My guess is the two teams were incorporated separately. Athletica's corporation probably doesn't exist anymore and if it does, it's in bankruptcy. You'd have to try to file a claim with bankruptcy court and even if there was the remotest chance that your claim was accepted, there won't be enough money left to cover all of the claims anyhow. You'd be lucky to get pennies. The fact that you are contracting for entertainment/services that can no longer be delivered makes it even harder. And I'm sure the organization is incorporated, meaning you can't sue individual owners for something the business did, outside of something like individual fraud.

11. weipenguigumbi

weipenguigumbi New Member

Dec 4, 2007
    I know this might not be exactly comforting or the same, but they just put this up on CRS's twitter page and hompage:

Red Stars to honor @AthleticaSoccer unused home match tix 4 all remaining #CRS home games: http://bit.ly/crs-stl-tix #wps

12. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not comforting but appreciated. Now there are three choices of what to do with your Athletica tickets....AC St. Louis, St. Louis Lions, and Chicago Red Stars.

13. angrybluebaby

angrybluebaby New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I think WPS should honour the St Louis Athletica season ticket holders by letting them into all WPS games - esp to wherever the ex-St Louise Athletica players end up playing. That way you will promote other teams, hopefully help their attendance and more importantly keep the loyal soccer fans within WPS. Anyone dressed in St Louise gear at these games should also be given sympathetic pats on the shoulder by other fans and free ice-cream ;)

Hell, why not do that for all games. You can buy season tickets that give you access to ALL you can watch games in WPS for all the teams. The sales revenue will be distributed to the clubs as per head/count attendance numbers each week - somehow split it between home/away teams (with more for the home team so their PR have incentive to sell tickets). I don't know crazy thought

14. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    It is nice that the Redstars and Lions will honor the Athletica tickets. AC Stl will not be an option for me. I paid to see the Athletica. Maybe we need to contact the Missouri AG. The AC are still functioning, still selling tickets, paying vendors, keeping the park up, Athletica season ticket holders (staff and players) are screwed. To anyone contemplating season tickets for the WPS, think twice. It could happen to you. Regardless of the offer to honor Athletica tickets, I was planning on getting a WPS fix by seeing the Redstars. I suppose they and/or the league are at least doing something, but why would anyone trust the league to protect them after this debacle. Hopefully the WPS will institute some safeguards to prevent such a situation from re-occurring.

15. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also won't see AC and I think CVille is with us. If you do anything with the Missouri AG I'd gladly join the effort.

16. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's nice of them but Fenton is MUCH MUCH closer than Chicago.

There is no way WPS should have allowed to have a team just disappear in the middle of the season. I know about the ownership issues but it's just common sense that you take safeguards pre-season to ensure the costs of the season are covered and the ownership group is solid.

17. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    http://ago.mo.gov/consumercomplaint.htm

I have done nothing yet. If I use my ticket in Chicago this weekend, I may have waived any complaint. Pondering things.........

18. AlwaysAthletica

May 28, 2010
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, then just go & purchase a ticket! I think we're going...

19. rokagrl13

rokagrl13 Member

Aug 14, 2007
    STL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. CoCo_S_T_L

CoCo_S_T_L New Member

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Well, I was going to let this go. It seemed pretty hopeless to get our money back and it sounded like AC had no money and would also fold. Then today I see that AC has plenty of money to send its players on a vacation, I mean away game, in Puerto Rico. If you have the money to continue operating and send your team to Puerto Rico then you can give me a refund. Both clubs were owned and operated by the same entity- SLSU.

I plan on filing complaints with both the Missouri Attorney General and the St. Louis area Better Business Bureau. I've provided links to both below and would encourage all other season ticket holders to file complaints. I don't know about the rest of you, but $150 (or more for those of you who got better seats) is not small change to me. I want my refund, prorated out of course to account for the few games we got to see.

For the BBB:
    http://stlouis.bbb.org/

For the MO Attorney General:
    https://www.consumer.ago.mo.gov/

I think it would be most efficient if we all fill in the same info in the forms. So, here's what you need to fill out your complaint (fill in the personal details on your own, obviously):

Name of Company: St. Louis Soccer United/AC St. Louis
    Company's phone number: 888-785-4625
    Address: 1 Soccer Park Rd
    County: St. Louis
    City: Fenton
    State: MO
    Zip: 63026
    Web site: www.ac-stlouis.com

Fill in your own details regarding amount of money, phone calls or emails made, etc.

21. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Good work CoCo. I agree, it's time. These a-holes can't even send season ticket holders an e-mail letting them know what happened. One of the fans in Chicago said that All Red Star season ticket holders were sent an e-mail after the Athletica folded just to let them know not to worry....This STL organization, agh...no class whatsoever....

22. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. Totally classless. The Athletica front office was at the fans' beck and call last year yet this year they forgot they even existed. I never got an e-mail or call or apology or ANYTHING!

I called the Athletica phone number and it's just a recording for Brad Cleveland but he's never there!

I hope AC St.Louis disappears soon since they deserve it after what they did to the Athletica!

23. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I FINALLY got an e-mail from the Athletica expressing their regret over the folding of the team! Talk about delayed reaction! 3 weeks later!

He says we can exchange them for AC St.Louis tickets which I bet none of us here want to do OR we CAN get refunds. I paid $110 for the season tickets so I figure I could get around $100 back.

I do want to see the Athletica in Chicago but I could always just buy a ticket and still take the refund.

One great thing Brad says about us is he's been in sports for over 10 years and we Athletica fans are the best group of fans he's ever known!

I'll definitely let Brad Cleveland know that I would really prefer the Athletica to come back eventhough I know that's a fantasy at this point.

24. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Got a refund, yay, but had to ask for it. Ran to the bank and cashed it.....

25. AlwaysAthletica

May 28, 2010
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here! Came just late last week. And, yes, I asked for it as well.