Season Ticket Holders - Do U Want a Hartman Bobblehead?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by KAESO, Oct 8, 2003.

1. KAESO

KAESO New Member

Nov 5, 2000
    San Gabriel Valley
    I was told that IF I (season ticket holder) wanted a Hartman Bobblehead that the Galaxy, being kind enough, were preparing to make me and offer: basically, I would get the bobblehead if I agreed to renew early (for 2004).

Jimmy, the person I spoke to at the Galaxy Ticket Office, said that "I know you guys got your tickets early and blah blah blah blah" (those are his exact words), but we're getting ready to make you the offer (above).

I guess "blah blah blah" means big deal to Jimmy.

2. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Galaxy have done a great job of screwing Season Ticket holders this year.

3. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe I am beaten down and grateful for small favors, but I try to put this in perspective:

1. At least I get to use Bonus Game "D" tickets for playoffs instead of having to front more dough (or sit through a friendly against Olimpia)

2. We're talking about a $5 toy - is that really a matter to get riled up about?

3. I HAVE to renew, because Club Seats were sold on a two year minimum lease basis anyway, so I am stuck either way.

4. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know I'm not getting a bobblehead because I'll be doing the 10-game plan again next season. Thank goodness for that for cheap bastards like me.

5. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this is the attitude from the front office going forward I have to say I'm a bit shocked. I've been very curious as to how they will address the issues of price correction and season ticket retention and if the best ehy've got to entice renewal is a bobble head doll, I have to say I'm offended.

We have a 27,000 seat stadium that they have only managed to fill twice.

We have an average of 23,000 built strongly upon deeply discounted tickets that have SCREWED season ticket holders like myself. They have punished us for being loyal and giving them our money in advance. We are suckers in their eyes. And now, when the off season is approaching and we have a little leverage finally, they are willing to deal by offering a toy?

How distastful is that?

The FO must be a bunch of clowns.

6. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone thought of expressing their displeasure directly to the Front Office rather than on a soccer board? Is there an email address where one can send complaints/comments?

I am sure this won't happen, but a 10% reduction in ticket prices for next year would seem reasonable to me. Ticket prices are simply too high.