Season Ticket Holder Benefits Review

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Independence' started by Del Piero 10, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Del Piero 10

Del Piero 10 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    We're half way through the Independence's home schedule so I thought it was time to review the current state of season ticket holder benefits:

A discount off the gate price - check.

Guaranteed same seat for 12 home matches - check.

Savings on Independence merchandise - asked about season ticket holder discount at the merchandise table on Saturday and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Invitations to exclusive team events - none to date.

Opportunity to purchase guaranteed parking spot in reserve lot - check.

Exclusive 2010 inaugural season member gift - have not received so I don't know what it is.

Access to game notes, re-cap and weekly operations eNewsletter - none to date.

Free subscription to Independence Insider eNewsletter - getting it but so is everyone else who signs up on the website.

In summary, the team has delivered none of the season ticket holder benefits due after the initial ticket purchase (merchandise discount, exclusive team events, inaugural season gift and game notes). Not only is the team having trouble selling tickets, they're also doing a poor job of servicing their current season ticket holders.

2. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    At this point I don't bother anymore.

What do concern me is the ticket sales. To me it seems that after the initial push during preseason, they have not been doing that much to sell more tickets

3. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I posted this info on a different thread maybe a week ago but it also fits here.

Philly now has two job openings in the ticket sales department. I could be wrong but I think these two job postings coincide w/ Waxler starting as GM.

Del Piero, have you contacted the new GM letting her know of the promises made that haven't been kept?

Louise Waxler
    General Manager
    267-460-6132
    louise.waxler@wpsphillyindependence.com

4. PhillyIndependence

PhillyIndependence New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Club:
    As a season ticket holder, I have been invited to lot's of team events that have been open to the public. Rather than complaining about the issues, I think we should rally around our team. Let's not count out the Independence yet, I am sure the organization values our opinion.

Who's going to the game on Sunday? I heard they are doing lot's of in game promotions and even bbq'ing free hot dogs in the fan fest. I am SO excited! Will there be a drum and cow bells this game?

5. Del Piero 10

Del Piero 10 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    As a season ticket holder, the only event I've received an invitation to was the preseason meet the team event that was open to the public. For any business to remain a going concern, they must keep current customers satisfied while, at the same time, drawing in new customers. I don't believe the off-the-field team is doing a real good job at either right now.

6. PhillyIndependence

Apr 19, 2010
    Club:
    I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree on that one. I have only positive things to say about the front office of the Independence. I have been invited to mulitple meet and greets, they opened practice to the public at least 1 time a week during preseason. They had a pep rally before the first game which I attended and met most, if not all of the players.

Like I said before let's support the team, not be overly critical.

7. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    I think you just illustrated Del's point. All the invites you mentioned above were all during the preseason. There have not been much done during the regular season for season ticket holders. So far all events have been open to the general public. This means that come next season, I might just decide to buy ticket game by game.

I will however continue to support the team but if we don't express our dissatisfaction, how will the team improve?

8. PhillyIndependence

Apr 19, 2010
    Club:
    I guess my question is, have you both taken advantage of the events they have had? I have, and they were fantastic. If the event was for ONLY season ticket holders, it seems a bit silly then it would make you happy.

9. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    What events do you speak of?

10. PhillyIndependence

Apr 19, 2010
    Club:
    They had practice open to the public to get autographs post practice, they had a pep rally before their first game, they have had multiple events including watch parties and attend lots of community events. This Friday they are doing a meet/greet at USTC for their firework show, which I plan to attend. I think it's a matter of taking advantage of what they have going on

11. Del Piero 10

Del Piero 10 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    The pep rally was the one event to which we received an invitation and did attend. The autograph sessions after practice were all on, I believe, Thursdays around 5pm and unfortunately some of us work and/or have kids with soccer practice after school. The team watch parties and community activities are certainly not well publicized. In fact, about a month ago I checked the team website's "off the field" section and it still showed activities from opening week. What about the season ticket holder merchandise discount? You shouldn't promise something like this upfront when you're selling tickets and then not be able to deliver halfway through the season. I'm with Blaze - we'll continue to support the team but maybe not as season ticket holders next year.

12. PhillyIndependence

Apr 19, 2010
    Club:
    Well, too bad you feel that way. I will be buying season tickets next year. I think the team is fantastic and I am proud to support them in any way that I can. Who cares if you get your season ticket holder key chain in the grand scheme of things or $1.00 a t-shirt?

13. CASK

CASK New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wow - Looks like the most that Independence is willing to do is to get a new employee posting under the clever disguise of "Philly Independence" to rebut some fairly decent criticisms with a few lame rah rahs...