Season round-up, predictions and goals

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by puddleduck, Jan 17, 2005.

1. puddleduck

puddleduck Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Providence, RI
    Now that season 24 is over and we all know the qualification matches, how are people feeling about their results this season? And what do you expect for season 25?

I started in div. 5 with three matches to play in season 23 and no mathematical chance to finish anything but 4th, despite losing all three matches. I expected to get pummled this season, but have managed to finish 5th, ahead of two much older teams and a bot. So I'm thrilled.

Both of the relegation matches in my series are vs. bot teams and our series winner has no chance against the div 4 he drew. So I expect teams 1-6 to be back next season. Seven and eight are being replaced by a bot and a team I should be able to handle. He's been playing longer, and has a solid coach, but he hasn't played a friendly since November. I think he lost interest in his bot leauge.

So my bottom line goal for next season is 6th place. Having survived in Div 5 once, I don't ever want to take the drop. But my goal is 4th place. If I do that I'll have the satisfaction of finishing ahead of two more of the teams that were in this series when I joined.

2. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Great topic.

Goals for season 25:

5th round or better of the Open Cup.

1st place in series V.139 and autopromotion to IV.

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well my goals for next season I can't post yet, because my team has to win their qualifier against a very quality opponent next week. But I'll do it both ways, if I stay up or if I demote.

If I stay up: Finish 3rd or better
    make it back so that I have at least 1 home game in the cup this season.

If I go down:
    Finish 1st with 42 points, and the golden boot and autopromote back into division V ready to work my way to division IV.

4. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    My first season went quite good. I took over in week 3 (which I didnt realize, so my first "real" game was week 4), was 6th place with 0 points and just wanted to stay in division VIII (2nd lowest in germany). But then I won 10 out of 11 and finished 2nd to promote to division VII (I also had the two top goal scorers, scored the most goals and had the best defense). So you can figure out that I'm really happy with my team :)
    Goal for next season: stay in division VII.

5. YankeeHoo

YankeeHoo New Member

Aug 10, 2004
    NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quality thread-

Ambitious goals:
    Win a tough Div VI
    Get 50+ goals
    Earn enough $ to upgrade coach to solid

More Realistic Goals:
    Double Assets
    Break even on the new stadium i'm building
    Win 1st round cup match

Could definitely be some exciting times for the Hoos this season

6. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Well I entered this season knowing that I could contend for the title. I soon realized that series blew donkey nuts and I had only 1 team that could compete with me. I won my first 12 games and finished 13-1 on the season, winning the series title with a +2 GD.

I am now moving up to DV.182. It looks to be a middle of the road DV series. The DIV demotee and this season's #2 are very strong, the #3 is decent, #4 and #5 are ok, and the other 3 teams are junk. Based on this, as well as my team's progress, I expect to get in the top 5.

My goals:

Finish in the top 4
    Increase supporters from about 950 to 1200
    Get out of debt incurred from stadium increase
    By season's end realize slight 2-wk profits.

7. Takkie

Takkie Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    win my series (finished 7 points behind #1 team and got second place)
    win the golden boot
    raise enough money to either get a solid trainer or expand my stadium even more (i'm at 15k)

all in all i think 2nd place is pretty good for my 1st full year in control of my team (i got my team with 5 games left)and hopefully i'll build on my success

8. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    My goal is to auto-promote next season and to win my first two cup games.

9. KDdidit

KDdidit Member

Apr 15, 2001
    The Brookfield Zoo
    Next season...Finish top 2 in my VI division. 1st would be nice but not very realistic as there are 2 teams that will be back from this season that were better than my team and that doesn't include the team that's dropping from V.

Team wise I'd like to shut somebody decent out. Only shut out this season was against the worst team in the division. You'd think as a defensive trainer I could shut peeps out, but haven't yet. Would be nice to get some better scorers as time goes on but that might be a season away too. Keep having fun...that's a big one too :)

10. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    my goal really hinges on whether the top gun in my (v.52) division wins his qualifier...his opponent has some overall talent but doesnt appear to manage his club as well...

that said I finished 3rd this season and the goal is to challenge for the top spot, if the big dog leaves I have a shot.

Also as a scorer trainer I want the golden boot and the overall goals scored in my div (was second this season).

For the cup I'd like to make it to round 4 after a PK loss in rd3 last time...

11. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Goals for remainder of the season:
    * Win qualification match and stay in DV.

Goals for S25 if I lose:
    * Another undefeated season
    * Golden boot
    * Auto promote back to DV
    * Sell my current league GK for over ten million USD

Goals for S25 if I win:
    * Sell my current league GK for over ten million USD
    * Finish at least 4th or above.

12. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll go into more detail when I actually get around to doing the preseason scouting on my series, but in brief:

This season saw a mixed bag of results.

The good:
    Brays has earned a qualifier, and the opponent looks significantly more manageable than the one we had last season (who fortunately threw the match so I wasn't severely tested). We'll be unlimbering the big guns and should set a record for team performance, so I'm confident about our chances.

We had a record cup run, into the 6th round. Despite being severely overmatched against Lineboys Utd, the team fought bravely and lost by only one goal, preserving the all-important fan mood.

We scored a couple of upsets in league play to help secure the 6th place finish, including knocking off the #2 team away by a 1 - 0 score. Our ratings were higher than ever before, continuing a tradition of steady improvement that has held since the team's inaugural season 19 in V.84.

The bad:
    Despite the 6th place finish, the Meyerland XI were basically on the back end of a blob of results that extended pretty much all the way to the top spot. We had several disappointing results that denied us not only 5th place but a very realistic shot at avoiding a qualifier altogether. Also, I'm still pissed about the team that finished 1st, there's no way they're significantly better than me and I really wish I could have gone after them in the return match at my place instead of staying in a holding pattern to fight the good fight to avoid relegation. That may be one of the harder Hattrick decisions I've ever made.

The preliminary outlook for next season:
    A full write-up will wait until later, but I've already checked out the predicted autopromotion teams as well as the potential demotee from III.

Now, considering my opinion of our first-place finisher, you might be surprised to see me talking realistically about a demotee. I was surprised too, but their ratings have been very indifferent over the last few weeks and if they're not careful, they could take a loss. This team runs anywhere from the low 200's to the 170's; that might be enough to take the series, but I doubt it, there's too many dangerous squads around here.

The two teams coming up are both competently managed, although one moreso than the other (i.e. they've been posting steady ratings improvements over there history, although one is an older team that's been a little flatter). They won't be gimmes for anyone and for the first time, I don't have the likely autodemote squads picked out going into the season. Yeah, it's probably these guys, but I'm not feeling all that secure.

Best guess is that I'll finish somewhere between 3rd and 6th. A lot depends on whether anyone else splashes some cash -- starting a week and a half ago and continuing through season's end, I'm pouring about $6 million into upgrading the team.

13. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I finished 7th in a league where the top 3 teams finished with 34,33, and 30 points. My goal for next season is to finish in 3rd or 4th depending on if the winner of my league wins his qualifier or not. I also am hoping to get some sellable trainees next season.

14. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My Goal next year is to survive and not waste all my money.

Already have most of my core team selected (I think) and three trainees purchased. Still have half of what HT gave me and have also purchased a passable coach. Have a couple of guys I can sell for some short term cash.

Just want to end the year without a ton of debt.