Season prediction/preview thread.

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Dark Savante, Aug 23, 2006.

1. holytoledo

holytoledo New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Fine. Then I'll wait to Rep you. :D

2. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I was just saying to myself that Bolton, who were right on the verge of being included in the "Hopefuls" section have just put themselves nearly at the head of that class. The one area I felt they could use help in they've just boosted. I'll have to append that section.

3. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Im not sure that this thread is just for previews, or previews and disscusions.

4. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I just wanted to add a couple points, or disagree.

Robin Van Persie is a lot better than many people give him credit for. He scores goals, and he creates goals out of nothing. Time and time again for Arsenal, he has come on either as a substitute, and saved Arsenal. He has a thunderous and precise left foot. He has above average vision. He has good one on one skills, and he has the confidence. I honestly think he will take back the starting job next to Henry from whoever then make an impact.

DS, Im shocked you didnt include Ryan Nelson in your blackburn lineup. He has been as solid as any other centerback on that team. Also his distribution out the back is impressive. (After all, he was a midfielder).

A lot of teams will continue to struggle and try and fit in the 4-4-2, but my opinion is, the 4-3-3 fits so many teams so much better.

5. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    RVP is good, I wouldn't rate him where you do, he is far, far too selfish and self absorbed, his true ability is a couple of years away from being realised, imo. His petulance and self-serving nature need to be ironed out before he's anywhere near a big hitter in the bracket that Henry and Toure are for Arsenal.

Re. Blackburn it looks like Neill might go to Liverpool (wtf) and Ooijer being paired up with Nelson. I will re-write that if it materialises.

6. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    There is no doubt that he isnt on Henry and Toure's level.

I just think his individual talent shines enough to get his through at times. This is one player, I cant wait to see mature.

To be honest, if Liverpool didnt have all these injury problems out of the blue, I'd say they are the squad to fear this season. Not even Chelsea.

7. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I rate him quite highly. I mean he had a stellar WC and was probably our (Holland) best player. I do agree that he is quite selfish quite like Robben but what Robben doesn't have(although he had it at PSV) is RVP's playmaking ability. He can dissect a defence and put the ball on the money. Not a bad finisher either. True that he is nowhere near Henry or Toure's level but damnit he deserves a lot of respect. He IS Bergkamps 2nd coming. Mark my words. :cool:

8. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    RVP is HIGHLY overrated. He's no doubt talented, but like DS said, he's a bit too linear. Its folly to even mention him in the same sentence as Robben.

9. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Pshhh I do what I want! :p

10. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I'd rather have him than Robben. RVP has a better end product. Doesnt run into five defenders, then cross it to the keeper. RVP has a better left foot. Has more one on one moves, and is more convincing doing those moves. Has better hair. What more could yu ask... really?

11. 433tom

433tom New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    I agree on Bolton. Sam gets the most out of his talent. I think they will finish ahead of Spurs. But I only rated Spurs for 6th this season. I think Spurs played above themselves last year. Spurs picked up another nice Goal scorer but they still won't beat any of the top four.. or Bolton. Big Sam owned them even before he picked up Anelka. So I'm going with Bolton and Everton fighting for 5th. Spurs to finish in 7th. Another intestesting pick up was Martins to Newcastle. Its going to be an interesting Season..... And who knows about Villa.

12. 433tom

433tom New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    I just heard an interesting stat on Anelka I think you will like. According to FSC they believe Anelka is the most expensive player ever. When you total up all the transfer fees that have been paid for him over the years, they exceed £130m.

Sounded a bit high, but I can believe it. You could have bought the Villians twice over.:)

13. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    £0.5m to Arsenal
    £22m Arsenal to Real Madrid
    £22m Real Madrid to Paris Saint Germain
    £13m Paris St Germain to Manchester City
    £8m Manchester City to Fener
    £8m Fener to Bolton

14. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    I've been waiting until Sep. 1 all lalong. Especially given how quiet the transfer window has been for the most part so far, it could be a busy week or so all across the league/continent.

15. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    [​IMG]

16. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Now that doesn't add up...:confused: Oh well I'm no math expert.

17. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    they said 130 mil US i believe

18. 433tom

433tom New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    That would make sense. I forgot FSC is an American telecast. Ok.. You could have bought the Villians more than once over.:)

19. 433tom

433tom New Member

Jun 16, 2006
  20. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    :eek:

Well!! A LOT of things have happened since this was written! It's going to be fun writing it up. It's like all the teams were put in balls in a lottery spinaroo thingy and shaken up and pulled out at random. All these changes, the race for 4th and 5th has never been so fierce! Chelsea giving away Gallas is suicide, absolute suicide. Going to get this done as soon as I can :D

21. Uniteder

Uniteder New Member

Nov 27, 2005
    New Table --

West Ham
    Arsenal
    Manchester United
    Chelsea

:p

22. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Liverpool
    West Ham
    Chelsea
    Aston Villa
    Arsenal
    Portsmouth
    Everton
    The rest...

January will be key.

23. Rei de Boston

Rei de Boston New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    I agree with DS that Chelsea losing Gallas to Arsenal will be bad for them. For Arsenal it will be huge they now have the best central defense pairings in the league if Toure and Gallas are partnered. I wonder though if Wenger will try and play Gallas as a fullback with Senderos and Toure in the middle? That and getting rid of Reyes will be beneficial just because of the drama he was creating. If Baptista can play anywhere near his form of 2 seasons ago they could really challenge.

24. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Accoding to an article publish on FSC, Mourinho agrees with you. He and Kenyon apparently spent the entire day yesterday in each others faces over Gallas.