Season 8

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by Bluto11, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got an easy week in both OD and FC play. It's a good chance to recover PFL on some heavily-used players for the stretch run.

2. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    just declared....

End of Over 69 (10 runs). Cook County Cricket Club: 384-3, runrate=5.57
    Lead by 321 runs. (Palm Leaf Club 63-10)
    Kennedy 15-0-64-1
    Conroy* 126 (99 balls)
    Mapie 7 (5 balls)

Last Wicket: Spearitt b. Kennedy 133 (FOW: 360/3)

should wrap this up tomorrow, which is fine because I can rest some players then. Also have a ODer against Doobie Bombers next week and then a FC match against them in two weeks time. I think I may set all my players to bowl in teh FC match since he is going to make it last 3 days to get all the income since he is at home and there is no way I can score more then 50 runs an innings against him.

3. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    got bowled out for 817 with 14 overs left in the day, they are 4-24 @ stumps, wrap up an easy win early tomorrow unless it rains :p

4. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    won by an innings and 272 runs

finally bowled a team out for less runs in the 2nd innings!

Wild took 6-19. but him as priority 1 bowler even though it was only 3 overs in. wanted to give T Rose a bit of a rest

5. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Won by an innings and a bunch of runs. I'm looking forward to seeing where my PFLs lie... last time I checked, I had my main trainees plus my main WK a bit low, Sarge and maybe one other on invigorated, and everyone else at either sublime or energetic.

6. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    won by an innings & 644 runs, spinners cleaned up quickly today.

7. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gained three points on the #1 in the series due to them being bowled out early in their first innings, which was nice. There's now an outside chance that I could catch them on bonus points before the finale, which would make strategizing around a draw a lot more interesting (and personally, I'd rather have both teams feel they need a win anyway...).

8. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Beat 4th placed team today in OD to move 12 points clear in 3rd spot, good because it means i can play scrubs in OD for the last 3 games & concentrate on FC promotion.

Unless a poor div IV team demotes into my league i really dont have a chance of promoting in OD until my 2nd batch of trainees start coming through in about 5 seasons, unless i decide to not do well at FC.

but screw that FC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>OD

9. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    nice work!

I've got a tough OD match today. A win will almost clinch not being relegated this season!

10. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    well, I was rolling and then this partnership is getting annoying!

End of Over 32: 130-4, runrate=4.06
    Wild 6-0-33-1
    Christo* 77 (96 balls)
    Eyre 35 (53 balls)

Last Wicket: Lynch lbw b. Wild 3 (FOW: 33/4)

11. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've got what looked like a makable total, but your bats are falling awfully quickly.

12. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i know. two of them went for ducks :rolleyes:

End of Over 12: 54-3, runrate=4.50, reqrunrate=4.11 (209-10)
    Dawson 1-0-3-0
    Mapie* 29 (33 balls)
    Black 4 (9 balls)

Last Wicket: Spearitt c. Mcghee b. Kirton 0 (FOW: 48/3)

don't think I'll win this one. which means I'll have win the last two to stay up. I'm pissed at my bowlers for not taking advantage when Carib were like 31/4.

13. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i won i won i won!!!!

a 5 wicket win. it was the battle of the middle orders.

Carib had a 137 5th wicket stand and I had an 83 run 5th wicket stand and a 51* run 6th wicket stand!

14. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    This wont be massive news for your advanced squads, but I am very happy with the training today. Got my first quality bat after graham popped, and my first superb bowler after brough popped.

15. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a long time, my best bats after Sarge were both quality. I only recently trained two all-arounders higher than that.

16. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Olivier popped in batting again. he is going to be a stud once he is done training.

17. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    End of Over 35 (9 runs). Cook County Cricket Club: 234-1, runrate=6.69
    Shepherd 7-0-53-1
    Harris* 102 (108 balls)
    Mapie 3 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Conroy c. Bridges b. Shepherd 128 (FOW: 230/1)

lost the wicket right before lunch. Shepherd has wages of 387 pounds. he shouldn't take ANY wickets!

18. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peters has apparently punted on the season, leaving me on my own to handle Batty Men. My batsmen aren't helping today, they've been exceedingly cautious although the run rate has crept up to 2.69 now (it was around 2.25 earlier in the day). Two wickets are down, the next to fall will bring Seargeant in. I think he'd pick up scoring a bit, but there's only one more bat in the order after him, so I'd worry about getting to 360 (which is essential).

I hope my bowlers are feeling frisky; if the forecast holds, we'll have another bowling-friendly day tomorrow, so there's at least a chance of finishing the match off quickly.

19. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    End of Over 29 (3 runs). Political Animals: 73-2, runrate=2.52
    Trail by 301 runs. (Cook County Cricket Club 374-2 dec)
    Gardner 1-0-3-0
    Steadhart* 9 (18 balls)
    Thapelo 21 (69 balls)

Last Wicket: Mason b. Wild 20 (FOW: 61/2)

would like a few more wickets before the end of the day. Thapelo is the dangerman, he goes the rest should go quickly.

20. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was right about Seargeant picking up the pace a bit, he's around his usual 100 strike rate, where the rest of my bats were struggling to hit 50. :eek:

21. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    declared first over into the 2nd day 3-421, bowled them out for 96 in 48 overs. Was able to bat the rest of the day, 2-200ish, overall lead over 500 so will declare overnight & head towards a solid win & another step closer to promotion & rapings next season.

22. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Turns out Sarge also had a century in the Windies upset win over England.

We declared at 365-5, and my bowlers were indeed ready to rock. Baltopus is all out for 61, and about to follow-on. Morrell posted a wicket 6-5-5-4 bowling line, opening up at 3-3-0-3.

23. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    complete ownage, i lost 5 wickets for 661 runs, bowled him out for 96 & 101.

444 run win

24. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was done very early today. Won by an innings and over 100 runs.

Aside from the final match (which will be huge, with great players on both sides), the other obstacle I need to clear is getting a win in the next one. I'm not worried about losing, but the team is tough to bowl out.

25. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    lost to Doobie Bombers by 9 wickets

and next week I have a FC match against him, at his place. so he'll want it to go for 3 days, which means since his bats are so good and I can't play my best bowlers he'll be able to bat for like 150+ overs. I may be playing 6 or 7 bowlers just so I don't completly wipe out the PFL levels on the ones I need.