Season 3 series are up

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by kopiteinkc, Jan 11, 2006.

1. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Battrick updated and the new series and fixtures are up for season 3.

I promoted into III.5 in England next season and it looks very tough. I will be very fortunate to finish 6th. So that is my goal.

A miracle youth pull or a team dropping out is my only chance to finish any higher.

I had never seen the rating "miraculous" until I looked at some of my new opposing teams :eek:

2. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So far there are 3 crap teams that I'll have little trouble beating...

RoversTown and Deathspawn however will likely clobber me, Deathknights will be a challenge, but I'll probably lose to them as well. I'll probably slug it out with Martinique and we may split our fixtures...

so it looks as though I'll avoid demotion. However, my training will have to come along.

3. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    that was me last season! although I never played a "miraculous" team

I'm definetly not going to win the series this season and get promoted, but it will be competitive. I should be able to finished 4th if I train right and beat the teams I am supposed to beat.

4. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Deathspawn? That's one of the KC metro fed guys on Hattrick. Huh? Interesting.

And Martinique is Dan Loney on here right?

5. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoever thought they had figured out II.4 was wrong -- instead of Bosstones and someone I forget, we get Shadoedale and Strong Arm Steady. The cup performance of the series is now: one bot, one also-ran, six quarterfinalists, all four semifinalists. :eek:

6. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    good luck. my old series. :)

7. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Yeah - the series I am getting promoted into is definitely not where I thought I was going. And to think I pulled the other 7 teams stats throughout the year to scout them.

Funny enough - I am going into the series where the team that promoted from my series in the first year is getting demoted into this year.

8. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All 4 teams that promoted to WI II.3 look beatable, 1 should be an easy win the other 3 are reasonably close to the three of us that remain from last season. We also have a bot who autodemoted from the top division. I should be able to manage a top 6 finish without any trouble but the top 4 finish is looking much more difficult than it was last season.

9. Andy P

Andy P New Member

May 18, 2004
    Have to say i'm happy with the teams coming up to my series. One of them is the Beserkers, the current cup holders in England - but they've now quit and sold all their top players. So with them and the bot down from the top division i'm just about guaranteed avoiding auto relegating. The other team coming up isn't too strong either.

Don't think I have a real chance at competing for the title yet so I guess i'll be trying to go far in the cup this season while battling for 4th spot.

10. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't blame you for bailing. :)

Asterix counted four national teamers in the series, tied with another series in II for the most he'd seen.

11. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same old WI III.8 for me - I should compete for the title this year.

12. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a real chance in SA IV.34. It's me, six bots, and a human. The demotee is a bot. The human should be manageable.