Sean Wheelock on BBC World Football Phone In (listen live)

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by jade1mls, Jan 25, 2008.

1. MarkRFC_

MarkRFC_ New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Reading, England
    Are you "David from El Salvador"? :D

2. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    rumbled.... i said Maidstone tonight, I think... I meant Maidenhead... aaah, nuts....

Hey, did you hear Wheelock say that he would "not be at all surprised" if Hicks & Gillett were out of Liverpool within 6 months.

I am sure he has been saying on this show that there is no way they would leave, that the Glaziers are more likely to leave Man Utd - am I remembering correctly, it was only 2 or 3 weeks ago he said it last....

3. MarkRFC_

MarkRFC_ New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Reading, England
    I don't care at all about the situation at Liverpool so sort of switch off at those moments :eek:, I feel sorry for Wheelock as he seems to get that asked that same question every week and he doesn't get many MLS questions

I've tried to send in some questions about new signings for MLS teams but they never get read

4. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Yes and the CONSTANT questions about the level of MLS... either "better than Prem" or "worse than Conference" ... as Vickery says that sort of comparison make little sense - one week Sean obviously had had enough and said "MLS is not better than the Premier League, and it is not worse than Sunday League, it is somewhere in between." which I think was the best answer he has given.

I am surprised, the only times my mails have not been read is if I have emailed quite late into the show - call them! Or, ask about Zidane/Luis Figo/Ronaldo going to the USA, that seems to like that to be on every week.