Se ve, se siente...[R]

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by EvilRick, Feb 24, 2003.

1. EvilRick

EvilRick New Member

Jun 4, 2000
    Guadalajara
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    El Papa Chiva esta presente!!!! :D

Chivas 3 Pachuca 1

Somos SUPER LIDERES del campeonato.

Homar Bravo is da man (or chamaco)

2. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Great games and even better goals. Estas Chivas estan para dar el estiron. La Liguilla ya no es cuestion de calificar si no de Ganar. Vamos por el Campeonato numero Once..

:) :)

3. jacnife

jacnife New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    THats great that the chivas are super lideres, los delanteros y medios juegan bien, however, my concern is how the defense seems alittle slow and not presuring the other team. I just wanted to know peoples opinions of why the defense seems to me is what needs to be the most modified of the team? Tambien quiero saber lo que no necesita y lo que necesita las chivas para ser campeon?

4. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    little premature dont you think?

The score was a bit deceiving 3-1 considering Pachuca controled the match.

There has only been one game this season where I have seen Chivas actually dominate thier opponants. The goals have come by way of counter.

enjoy your top standings... you know what the funny thing about it...This is as good as Chivas is going to get. They have hit thier potential.. And if thier full potential cant domainate teams...its going to be hard to win the championship.

5. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Originally posted by jacnife

I just wanted to know peoples opinions of why the defense seems to me is what needs to be the most modified of the team?

Chivas has not had a solid defence since La Promotora sold Claudio Suarez, Joel Sanchez and Tilon Chavez. While Joel "el Tiburon" Sanchez has returned to Guadalajara he is not playing up to his full capacity. Even when Ruggeri was at the helm Chivas was not able to bring in quality defenders as Lupillo Castanella was the only aquisition. Last season Daniel Guzman failed to adress this issue and we all saw how Chivas suffered some humiliating defeats. The defenders that YAYO de la Torre tried to get were all declared Non transferable by their respective Clubs., this list included Pity Altamirano and Salvador Carmona.

Tambien quiero saber lo que no necesita y lo que necesita las chivas para ser campeon?

Que mantenga el paso firme que lleva y en la liguilla con un poco de suerte sera suficiente para poder Campeonar..

6. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Re: Re: Se ve, se siente...[R]

Originally posted by ************

enjoy your top standings... you know what the funny thing about it...This is as good as Chivas is going to get. They have hit thier potential.. And if thier full potential cant domainate teams...its going to be hard to win the championship.

Think what you will, Truth be told the Liguilla is a whole diffrent show and as we have seen in the past you dont have to be the best team to win the Championship. Now i can dream with these Chivas as they have shown me one thing that has been lacking in the team for some time now. It is a combination of raw talent and goals. The majority of goals that Chivas has been scoring have all been GOLAZOS. Many of these players are young Under 23 and still have room for improvement.

7. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: Re: Re: Se ve, se siente...[R]

Think what you will, Truth be told the Liguilla is a whole diffrent show and as we have seen in the past you dont have to be the best team to win the Championship.

No, you dont have to be the super leaders to win. But what happens many times when you have teams that squeek by into the liguilla, there comes a season where you dont make it and it was a sign that luck runs out...because sooner or later, work will triumph over luck.

Now i can dream with these Chivas as they have shown me one thing that has been lacking in the team for some time now. It is a combination of raw talent and goals. The majority of goals that Chivas has been scoring have all been GOLAZOS.

I probabaly have seen them score only 2-3 fabricated goals. Meaning, taking the ball from the back and pushing forward, opening the lanes, changing the attack, and using some sort of systematic passing system (triangles, give gos, screens, back door). The rest came off long balls, meaning fast counter attacking. Take Ramon Morales' goal today... Sergio Santana was closing in towards the attack on the right flank . He was (Chivas left side) fouled but the ref didnt even call it and a long ball to Ramon which he eventually converted it into a goal. A few seconds later Sergio gets carded for bitching at the ref...even Joel Sanchez apologizes to him and tries to calm him down because Joel knew he fouled him along with the other team mate.

Many of these players are young Under 23 and still have room for improvement.

Hate to break it to you, but only Alberto Medina and Omar Bravo are under 23 and Bravo turns 24 this year. The rest are over 25-26

8. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Se ve, se siente...[R]

Hate to break it to you, but only Alberto Medina and Omar Bravo are under 23 and Bravo turns 24 this year. The rest are over 25-26

Chivas Avg Age is 25.72 which is still a fairly young age. However i was refering to the young players that are in the bench many of which just debuted two years ago. These are the players that have to make the diffrence since the mayority of Chivas Senior players have shown to be regular at best.

As we can see below Chivas counts with 14 U-25 players, six of which are U-23 and the rest between 23 and 24. This is the group of players which i am talking about because as we all know Chivas does not have foreigners to streghten their squad. Given the current situation at the squad it is very important that these players make the diffrence..

you know what the funny thing about it...This is as good as Chivas is going to get. They have hit thier potential.. And if thier full potential cant domainate teams...its going to be hard to win the championship.

I would say a player reaches his potential or hits his prime around the age of 28. Seeing how Chivas newest stars Mora, Bravo, and Medina are all under 25 and the new players even younger i would say Chivas still has two/three years before they hit their full potential.

Goal Keeper #29 Luis Michel (23)

Defender #5 Jorge Toscano (21)
    Defender #17 Hector Reynoso (22)
    Defender #21 Rafael Medina (23)

Midfielder #28 Rigoberto Andrade (21)
    Midfielder #13 Jorge Garcia (22)

Forward #8 Alberto Medina (19)
    Forward #14 Omar Bravo (22)
    Forward #25 Miguel Sabah (23)

Defence #4 Juan Mendoza (24)
    Defence #6 Alfonso Loera (24)
    Midfielder #26 Johnny Garcia (24)
    Forward #9 Jair Garcia (24)
    Forward #10 Emilio Mora (24)

Goal Keeper #1 Oswaldo Sanchez (29)
    Defence #23 Heriberto Morales (27)
    Defender #2 Jose Castaneda (33)
    Defender #3 Omar Rodriguez (27)
    Defensa #58 Joel Sanchez (28)
    Midfielder #7 Ramon Ramirez (33)
    Midfielder #15 Manuel Sol (29)
    Forward #27 Ignacio Vasquez (31)

http://www.femexfut.org.mx/futbol/pasaporte.php?equipo=GUADAL&hoja=2

9. EvilRick

EvilRick New Member

Jun 4, 2000
    Guadalajara
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

And how did you arive to this conclution? After your rantings a few weeks ago that nobody could "Touch America", I just have to ask.

10. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

Chivas has 14 points. There are like 2 or 3 teams with 13 points (if my calculations are correct that is only a point difference).. America being one of those teams with 13 points. I am not the least content with America's performance and the press feels the same. But I will say this, not one team has man handled America. Win or lose.. not one team has dominated America. The only team that came close was Morelia who actually nuetralized them for about 15 minutes or so and then they changed tactics and took it to them. Mora, Bravo, Jair, Johnny, etc... they are not young players. How long are Chivas fans going to say that they are young considering some of thier younger players are about to be 23-25. If VS wants to dig up the whole Chivas Reserve team and try to convince himself that they have a lot of young player, where are they at? Because they are not on the field

Chivas has been praised, though their actual field play is not too convincing. Yet, a team like America who has one less point is being criticized but yet thier field play is convincing. Last time I checked, America is using younger players..and getting younger as well... but still we are criticize...

Now, you ask how I arrived to my conclusion...well, lets just say its the good student bad student principle...usually a parent will praise his child if he gets an A when they know he is a C student. But when the A student gets an A-, they are on him like flies on shyt..... now, instead of parents and students,apple press and team...

11. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

Mora, Bravo, Jair, Johnny, etc... they are not young players.

They are Young by Mexican league standards, Very few teams rely on players U-25. Most Clubs key players are all in their prime or nearing the end of their careers. Cardozo, Borgetti, and Blanco are all in their thirties..

How long are Chivas fans going to say that they are young considering some of thier younger players are about to be 23-25.

This says a lot of the team. The past years the majority of these players were even younger. When Bracamontes and Ruggeri had the team most of these players were just getting their feet wet. While you claim Chivas hit their full potential i used the stats to say that they are just begining to show what they are capable of.

If VS wants to dig up the whole Chivas Reserve team and try to convince himself that they have a lot of young player, where are they at? Because they are not on the field.

If you take a close look at Chivas roster we can see that there are only three returning players of the 97 Championship team. Ramon Ramirez, Joel Sanchez and Ignacio Vasquez which shows how badly the team had been dismanteled and patched back up. This lack of continuity surely affected the club.

Now like i stated before Chivas depends on their young players. It is diffrent from Americas young players that if they are sucking bad you have Lipatin, Ovido or Hugo Castillo in the bench. If Bravo (23) is doing bad he gets replaced by Medina (19) or Sabah (23) all these players lack the experience that the above mentioned Americanistas have. A good example is the past Superclassico when Lapuente took out Americas young players and replaced them with season veterans. Now i am not critising CA I am just pointing out at Chivas situation.

Chivas has been praised, though their actual field play is not too convincing.

Read above. Not only that but we have a coach that is making his debut at the front seat. Add to this the fact that Chivas is playing some of the best matches (as voted by the press and fans) and that they have managed to become superlideres. Not bad if you ask me.

Yet, a team like America who has one less point is being criticized but yet thier field play is convincing.

The main critics are the fans that go to the stadium. Just the fact that America is having attendance problems speaks for itself.

Last time I checked, America is using younger players..and getting younger as well... but still we are criticize...

Your young players are not key players. Big diffrence. It doesnt matter how many games Castro has played since he does not carry the weight that Pardo or Blanco do. In Chivas Bravo and Mora are the Key players.

12. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Se ve, se siente...[R]

They are Young by Mexican league standards, Very few teams rely on players U-25. Most Clubs key players are all in their prime or nearing the end of their careers. Cardozo, Borgetti, and Blanco are all in their thirties..

Blanco just turned 30. He was 24-25 when he played his first WC. HE had played in a Copa America and Copa Confederaciones prior to that. Thats where you should be ideally at age 24

This says a lot of the team. The past years the majority of these players were even younger. When Bracamontes and Ruggeri had the team most of these players were just getting their feet wet. While you claim Chivas hit their full potential i used the stats to say that they are just begining to show what they are capable of.

so if they are turning 23-25, when are they going to peak? I am a bit skeptical. I understand some players deserve a shot at younger ages, but those type of players are few.

If you take a close look at Chivas roster we can see that there are only three returning players of the 97 Championship team. Ramon Ramirez, Joel Sanchez and Ignacio Vasquez which shows how badly the team had been dismanteled and patched back up. This lack of continuity surely affected the club.

They may have some young blood, but they are not being used. Sol, Rodriguez, Morales, took thier spot.

Now like i stated before Chivas depends on their young players. It is diffrent from Americas young players that if they are sucking bad you have Lipatin, Ovido or Hugo Castillo in the bench. If Bravo (23) is doing bad he gets replaced by Medina (19) or Sabah (23) all these players lack the experience that the above mentioned Americanistas have. A good example is the past Superclassico when Lapuente took out Americas young players and replaced them with season veterans. Now i am not critising CA I am just pointing out at Chivas situation.

Chivas may depend on thier young players, but America is utilizing thier young players. Lipatin may stick around considering he is 25.. but I dont see Oviedo and Castillo with America that much longer.

Read above. Not only that but we have a coach that is making his debut at the front seat. Add to this the fact that Chivas is playing some of the best matches (as voted by the press and fans) and that they have managed to become superlideres. Not bad if you ask me.

So what if you have a good coach that is debuting, He is the best coach, according to Vergara. No ecuse there

The main critics are the fans that go to the stadium. Just the fact that America is having attendance problems speaks for itself.

The fans are not the ones..its the press.

Your young players are not key players. Big diffrence. It doesnt matter how many games Castro has played since he does not carry the weight that Pardo or Blanco do.

Blanco was not with the team when Castro started to make a name for himself. In fact, Oviedo got hurt too. So yes, these young players were key players. Pardo (the team captian) and Blanco (the unofficial captian) will always have an extra burden, but these players (Castro, Salinas, Infante, Torres, etc) are not gettiing playing time just for the h3ll of it... they have to pull thier weight and its a team process.

13. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Se ve, se siente...[R]

Blanco just turned 30. He was 24-25 when he played his first WC. HE had played in a Copa America and Copa Confederaciones prior to that. Thats where you should be ideally at age 24

Blanco is the exception. Not all players get to play in all those tournamnets. A better example would be Christian Patiño..

They may have some young blood, but they are not being used. Sol, Rodriguez, Morales, took thier spot.

Chivas has a solid base of 5/6 players that are the senior players. When these players get injured or suispended then Chivas has no choice but to use the young players.

Chivas may depend on thier young players, but America is utilizing thier young players. Lipatin may stick around considering he is 25.. but I dont see Oviedo and Castillo with America that much longer.

It doesnt matter if Oviedo or Castillo dont stick around much longer, since America can easily replace them. Zamorano, Biyik ect.. This is where the Chivas youth player make the big diffrence. If they suck then were screwed.

So what if you have a good coach that is debuting, He is the best coach, according to Vergara. No ecuse there

I never said he was the best coach. You were saying why the press was critizising CA but praising Chivas when there is only a one point diffrence. I have been pointing out all of CA advantages and you still feel that both teams should be treated equally.

Blanco was not with the team when Castro started to make a name for himself.

You did have Lipatin, Zamorano and Castillo.

In fact, Oviedo got hurt too. So yes, these young players were key players.

A key player will not get subbed in an important game. remeber the SuperClassico example. Americas young players all got subbed in the second half.

Pardo (the team captian) and Blanco (the unofficial captian) will always have an extra burden, but these players (Castro, Salinas, Infante, Torres, etc) are not gettiing playing time just for the h3ll of it... they have to pull thier weight and its a team process.

After Blanco and Pardo you have Dulio Davino and German Villa. That is four players tha have been in the Club for years. Then the foreigners which in many games have played an important role. You can honestly compare this to Chivas situation.

14. EvilRick

EvilRick New Member

Jun 4, 2000
    Guadalajara
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    More like the poor students vs the rich one, the poor kid performing above the call of duty, while the rich one, who is handed every tool and chance to succed just fools around and does not performe as he should.

15. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

good...whether or not you are implying that towards me...but you catch my drift. :D should you be commended for an acomplishment regardless of your situation? We all know whats good and bad and we all know what is right and wrong.

pumping up Chivas because they have 14 points and saying some team is "sucking" knowing they have 1 less point is biased... and indicates that they (in the eyes of the public) have reached thier potential. Are you going to give the poor kid a cookie for getting a B+ and not give a cookie to the rich kid because he got an A-.

I dont know about you, but I would take that as an insult...

16. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    After everything VS said I have to agree with him. America does have the best team, we just have not been playing to our potential.

17. EvilRick

EvilRick New Member

Jun 4, 2000
    Guadalajara
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    : Re: Se ve, se siente...[R]

:D
    I didn't think about it that way.

18. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Estoy con Ud Señor Styles!

Bravo y Mora son la mera mengambreya!!!!!!!

19. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Se ve, se siente...[R]

Blanco is the exception. Not all players get to play in all those tournamnets. A better example would be Christian Patiño..

Patiño wont be on the national team long. Patiño is a player that went from America's youth teams to Leon, Guadalajara..and back to America. At one point, he was ready to call it quits. For some reason, he started to impress when Lapuete took over America. HE is about to turn 27. Luis Hernandez was called up late in his careeer but he always had the skill, but a coach is the one who made a name for himself.

Chivas has a solid base of 5/6 players that are the senior players. When these players get injured or suispended then Chivas has no choice but to use the young players.

There are a total of 9 players that have played every game and only one of them is under 23. I still dont see that youth you are talking about. DOnt make it sound like these players are 19-21. They are about to be 24 and up.

It doesnt matter if Oviedo or Castillo dont stick around much longer, since America can easily replace them. Zamorano, Biyik ect.. This is where the Chivas youth player make the big diffrence. If they suck then were screwed.

Easily replace them? MAke the big difference?

If anybody sucks, they are all screwed. Its not like America is spending a lot of cash acquiring international talent. Most of the players are from its reserves. Teuffer is making it a point to utilize the youth teams more. Nobody expected them to produce so fast, but its a sign that they are doing thier job effectively.

In Chivas case, going from a 28 year old to a 24 year old is not so young.

Now, going from a 29 year old to a 19 year old... as in the case of Frankie Oviedo to a Paco Torres is a big difference.

I never said he was the best coach. You were saying why the press was critizising CA but praising Chivas when there is only a one point diffrence. I have been pointing out all of CA advantages and you still feel that both teams should be treated equally.

The only advantage is that America can acquire international players and Chivas cant. But its not a disadvantge, it was thier choice.

There was one game this year that at the end of the game, all but 2 of the players were from America's youth teams.

Castro, Infante, Siantiago, Torres, Salinas are much younger than the players in Chivas. Salinas has been substituted,,,and not by a older player... but by a younger one...Infante who is 21. When de Nigris got subed one game..they went to Siantiago... another young player.

You did have Lipatin, Zamorano and Castillo.

Lipatin and Castillo are not players that carry the team as you say. In fact, Lipatin has never been a guaranteed starter and is fighting for the starting spot. Chuwy was taking Castillos job last season. Lapuente got criticized for having its international players on the bench.

A key player will not get subbed in an important game. remeber the SuperClassico example. Americas young players all got subbed in the second half.

Lapuente is a different type of coach. He doesnt play the season for the superclasico, he doesnt play to the season to score the most goals. He plays to win. So starting a faster teams and then subbing them to change the tactics is what Lapuente does.

After Blanco and Pardo you have Dulio Davino and German Villa. That is four players tha have been in the Club for years. Then the foreigners which in many games have played an important role. You can honestly compare this to Chivas situation.

Yes you can.

So whe Chivas wins using an all Mexican team and young players its an acomplishment BUT when they lose using an all Mexican teams and young players its to be expected? Which one is it? Real conveniant if you ask me.

Truth is, our youth players are the ones who got us the championship and into the semifinals of the Copa Libertadores. Playing 5 games in 8 days with "key players" injured was not a good situation to be in. Its the youth that case helped us and in many cases, carried us. Not Blanco or Zamorano

I dont know if you consider Castro, Salinas, Infante, because they have been playing with America since they were 13-14, but they are still young players.

20. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    On paper, Cruz Azul has the best team.

On points, Chivas has the best team.

On the field, America has the best team.

No one is using more young players than us.

VS thinks that we are playing the young players because he thinks they can always go back to the experienced player that do perform... Not true. No one has that luxury.. not even America. Whats the point of playing catch up and missing the playoffs? THey play and they play to win or Lapuente loses his job.. its that simple

Most foreigners in the MFL think that they its thier right to start and most owners enforce that thier international players play because they hate to see money not spent well.

Well, other than Ricardo Rojas, all the other foreigners have been put on the back burner. I am not a fan of Lipatin nor Castillo. We could do without them. I really dont care if they play.

Paco Torres has played in 6 games out of the 7. HE brings this speed and vision that Castillo does not have. Oviedo too has that vision but lacks the speed. And quite frankly, Torres has done a much better job than them too.

21. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Patiño is a player that went from America's youth teams to Leon, Guadalajara..and back to America.

That is why i compared him to Mora, who started with Morelia, went to Cruz Azul and finally Guadalajara where he is showing signs of improving into a quality player.

There are a total of 9 players that have played every game and only one of them is under 23. I still dont see that youth you are talking about. DOnt make it sound like these players are 19-21. They are about to be 24 and up.

Im just pointing out the clubs situation in which many of these players were all a year or two younger since Bracamontes days. This is in reference of your claim that Chivas had reached their full potential..

Easily replace them? MAke the big difference?

There is no doubt that Televisa has the money to bring in players of equal or better quality. In that sense, yes they (Foreigners) can easily be replaced..

If anybody sucks, they are all screwed. Its not like America is spending a lot of cash acquiring international talent.

There was a list submitted not to long ago that showed all the foreigners that still belong to Club America. The list is was about 20 players long. Btw what is Fantik up to these days ?

In Chivas case, going from a 28 year old to a 24 year old is not so young.

True but we are going from a 24 to a 19 year old or 28 to a 23 year old. I suggest you take another look at the player list.

Castro, Infante, Siantiago, Torres, Salinas are much younger than the players in Chivas. Salinas has been substituted,,,and not by a older player... but by a younger one...Infante who is 21. When de Nigris got subed one game..they went to Siantiago... another young player.

My point was never who had the younger squad , which is slightly in Chivas favor but on which squad depended more on their youth players.

Lipatin and Castillo are not players that carry the team as you say. In fact, Lipatin has never been a guaranteed starter and is fighting for the starting spot. Chuwy was taking Castillos job last season. Lapuente got criticized for having its international players on the bench.

I didnt say that they carried the team, i said that they have made the diffrence in more than one occasion. It is this simple, Pavel, Cuauhtemoc and Rios are the ones that carry the team, then you have the foreignes that help out or can be just as important.

Lapuente is a different type of coach. He doesnt play the season for the superclasico, he doesnt play to the season to score the most goals. He plays to win. So starting a faster teams and then subbing them to change the tactics is what Lapuente does.

Translation: Americas youngins were getting schooled so Lapuente had to put in the foreigners to avoid losing another classico at the Azteca and to a 10 man squad..

So whe Chivas wins using an all Mexican team and young players its an acomplishment BUT when they lose using an all Mexican teams and young players its to be expected? Which one is it? Real conveniant if you ask me.

Nope i never said that if Chivas lost it was to be expected. We are talking about the Superliderato, and how it is not as expected from Chivas (at this point) than from America.

Truth is, our youth players are the ones who got us the championship and into the semifinals of the Copa Libertadores.

How many goals did they score in total ? Assists ?and if i recall correctly both gk's were veterans. please refresh my memory and use stats to back it up.

I dont know if you consider Castro, Salinas, Infante, because they have been playing with America since they were 13-14, but they are still young players.

I never said that they were not young or not talented. Im just stating the ovious, thet A merica simply does not depend on them. Now they are the players of the future for CA and one will be the main players..

22. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    That is why i compared him to Mora, who started with Morelia, went to Cruz Azul and finally Guadalajara where he is showing signs of improving into a quality player.

The difference between Mora and Patiño is that Mora has been around since the youth teams. And has not increased his level dramitically. Even before the injury. Patiño has. Not saying that Patiño should be a lock on the national team, but his play has gotten better and better.

Im just pointing out the clubs situation in which many of these players were all a year or two younger since Bracamontes days. This is in reference of your claim that Chivas had reached their full potential..

What happens to your base of players that are 26-29 in 3 years? Not so young are we?

There is no doubt that Televisa has the money to bring in players of equal or better quality. In that sense, yes they (Foreigners) can easily be replaced..

This is not hypothetical.

America is not doing that though. IF they really wanted to, they could have bought Reynaldo Navia or Chamagol a year ago. They got de Nigris at his worst.

There was a list submitted not to long ago that showed all the foreigners that still belong to Club America. The list is was about 20 players long. Btw what is Fantik up to these days ?

Do you know how much Deportivo makes off Cruz Azul with Abreu?

Now, if you get a players for 10 bucks from south america and loan him out to another south american club or Mexican club for 10 buck or more, its not a bad investment isnt? After 2 years you can realease him or sell him and you still come out ahead.

Those foreigners are not actually on America's roster so it doesnt matter

True but we are going from a 24 to a 19 year old or 28 to a 23 year old. I suggest you take another look at the player list.

If anyone is going from a 29 year old to a 19 year old... its America. You may have listed some players from Chivas that are 19, but they are not getting playing time.

My point was never who had the younger squad , which is slightly in Chivas favor but on which squad depended more on their youth players.

We actually field a younger team on the field on the avergage. Chivas does have an overall younger team but only by a tenth of a decimal. You take out Rios 36, its a different ball game

I didnt say that they carried the team, i said that they have made the diffrence in more than one occasion. It is this simple, Pavel, Cuauhtemoc and Rios are the ones that carry the team, then you have the foreignes that help out or can be just as important.

Its clear that you dont watch America at all. THe foreigners are ************. I like Oviedo, but he is sucking. He needs to pick it up. Castillo is not himself.

Translation: Americas youngins were getting schooled so Lapuente had to put in the foreigners to avoid losing another classico at the Azteca and to a 10 man squad..

Typical. You praise him when it justifies your stance, and you thrash him when you can.

Nope i never said that if Chivas lost it was to be expected. We are talking about the Superliderato, and how it is not as expected from Chivas (at this point) than from America.

I am not even going to mention the fact that the teams you have beaten are struggling. Tecos, Jaguares, Puebla, etc.

How many goals did they score in total ? Assists ?and if i recall correctly both gk's were veterans. please refresh my memory and use stats to back it up.

Considering that they are not forwards.... Castro scored 2 in Copa Libertadores. COnsidering we played with a man down for 85 minutes, Salinas and Castro shut down Morelia.

Do you want the obvios or what particular stats do you want?

I never said that they were not young or not talented. Im just stating the ovious, thet A merica simply does not depend on them. Now they are the players of the future for CA and one will be the main players..

When we didnt have Castro for one game this season, you could notice the difference. Salinas and Infante are both very good defenders from the left and both do a damn good job. Last week, Lapuente put Castro on the left side to see if he could push up....the second half...he put him back on the right side... Infante did a damn good job. Salinas has competition on the left flank. I dont know if Castro is that good or if there isnt any competition for him on the right side....but we do depend on him..

You can ask any Americanista, and they will tell you that Castro is instrumental to the attack.

I have been saying this for a year now about Castro.

I like Salinas also, but Infante is no pushover... eother one of those 2 guys can play the left side...

23. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001

Dood, I 'VE been saying this about Castro for about a year :D

all kidding aside, Castro is going to do the same with the National Team.

24. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

dude, dont even start with me zizzlechest... you know dman well.. i was the one.. i posted his pick and everything :D

i hope he does well with the national team.. its too early to tell.. but boths games he played...he did well... and at has not gotten to his head...because he is still playing hard with America... in fact more so now than ever

25. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001

Ok.....did ya bring ya fackin tools?