SE Nest Tix For 11/6 On Sale Now

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by K, Nov 1, 2004.

1. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (First, an apology for people who didn't hear back if they emailed Nicole on Fri, she had a server issue. Please get your orders in early, don't wait til Fri!)

Eastern Conference Final
    DC United v New England Revolution
    Saturday, November 6 at RFK
    7 pm

United is in the conference final, with a trip to MLS Cup 2004 on the line. It's time to come out and support the team!

Tickets are available in the Nest (sections 132-133-134) through the Screaming Eagles. Here’s the deal:

SE member price- $23 per seat
    Non-member price ** - $26 per seat

If you fail to order tickets in advance, we will be selling day of game tickets for their face value of $28. Cash only on day of game and no guarantee that seats will be available.

Ticket orders should be sent to tickets@screaming-eagles.com as early as possible (no later than 4pm on Friday, November 5). Orders may also be placed by calling the SE ticket hotline, 202-544-6744, mailbox #1. All orders will be confirmed by e-mail. If you don’t receive a confirmation, your order was not received, so try again or call!

Please indicate the number of seats you want to purchase, your desired location, and your payment preference. Season plan holders will be given their regular seats unless you ask for something different. There is no limit on the number of seats you can purchase, but there is no group rate or exchange policy in effect for this match. I’m also sorry to report that discounted parking passes are not available for Lot 8, thanks to the stadium authority.

As usual, SE members have two payment options – COD at the SE ticket booth on November 6 or prepayment via credit card. Non-members must pay in advance using a credit card, which means providing us with your name as it appears on the card, the number and expiration date, plus a telephone number where you can be reached.

Tickets can be picked up at the SE ticket booth on November 6, starting at 5pm (PLEASE COME EARLY, SO THE TM CAN ENJOY THE GAME-K)

** Join the SEs for only $20 and get your tickets at the lower price. Membership will save you money on the SE road trip to the MLS Cup match, too! Contact me for an application that you can mail along with a check payable to Screaming Eagles, Inc., PO Box 15878, Washington DC20003 so we receive it before the game or that you can bring with you on Nov. 6.

Nicole Gara
    SE Ticket Mistress
    tickets@screaming-eagles.com

2. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bump this thread

3. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    I think it should be said that Nicole is a true stalwart. She does such a good job that it can be easy to take it for granted. We should all thank her for the work she does to truly set the league standard for fan volunteers.

Cheers,
    Tim

4. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    I don't get to as many games as i used to but I can think of no other place to be Saturday. I sent the TM a note for a couple seats in the Nest.

5. Beaker

Beaker Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Vienna, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm constantly impressed with the great work Nicole does for the members of the SEs. I know I've asked her questions, ordered tickets, changed orders and generally probably been a PITA to her, but she's constantly helpful, prompt and friendly.

Nicole Rocks!!!!

6. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    As someone who serves with her on the SE executive committee, I'll add to the chorus. She has the toughest and probably the most thankless job of all of us, because no one notices when everything goes well, but everyone notices when something goes wrong - the tickets aren't there, the booth isn't open, the line is too long, etc. And yet, nothing ever seems to go wrong with her.

Nicole is a goddess, plain and simple. Thank God for her.

7. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Absolutely! Nicole has even been kind enough to accept my order late a few times. She truely is the best and deserves massive props!
    :D

8. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    I think I have PITA for Nicole wrapped up this season. I don't know how many times I have bugged her with questions....then again, gocaps and K have gotten several hundred emails from me as well. (that's why I tried to defend Natty during the NY trip.)

Anyhow, I will be emailing you soon Nicole!.........again, I know.

Can we change this thread to the Stroke Nicole the Ticketress? :D

9. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forwarded this thread to the TM and she's very touched (as she's wading through a mountain of ticket orders!) Keep them coming so we're sold out before game day!

K

10. Cantankerous

Cantankerous New Member

Apr 15, 2003
    United country
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tell her to stop being (feeling) touched and to get back to work!

:)

11. gnat

gnat New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Due to a punk of a brother in law, I am the proud owner of a to-be-unused ticket in 134 :eek:. Face value is $26, PM me to take it. If you PayPal the cost to me, the Ticket Mistress is being kind enough to put the ticket in your name at the SE window so we don't have to worry about hooking up to take care of it (but that is an option too).

Thanks,
    -dave

12. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has the SE TM heard from you yet?

K

13. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    Bumpitty Bump.

Any word on ticket sales in the Nest? I've found that I have an easier time convincing fence-sitters to get tickets in advance if I can tell them "the Nest is almost sold out, and tickets are going fast."

14. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

134 is full, 133 is almost full and there are seats available in 132
    (we have 96 seats left out of a total of 325).

K

15. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    Yeah, I got 2 in 134 yesterday, but when I went back for 4 additional seats I had to get them in 133. That's a good thing, though, because it means the place will be absolutely rockin'!

16. gnat

gnat New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Woohooo, good for me then :D
    I have a nibble, but the ticket isn't claimed yet. I figure if by some odd chance I still have it tomorrow evening i'll start a thread specifically for it (hey it worked for my quiet side tickets).

-dave

17. gnat

gnat New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    All gone :)

-dave

18. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK

We have 26 tickets left. Remember the deadline to pre-order is Fri, Nov 5 by 4 pm (if we have anything left). GET TO THE WINDOW EARLY ON SAT TO PICK UP YOUR TICKETS. The window will open at 5 pm (I cannot stress enough to get there early).

K

19. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    26 left. Amazing! Nice work.

SportsTalk 980 is giving away a pair every hour during Free Ticket Thursday.
    You'd have to pick them up at their Silver Spring office though.

20. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NEST UPDATE:THE OFFICIAL NEST IS SOLD OUT!!!!!

However, we're getting some more tickets to acommodate folks who want a Nest experience.

18 seats in 132
    20 seats in 139
    30 seats in 236 (or the Perch)

Contact Nicole ASAP to get the best selection as these will sell out fast too!

K

21. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    So, what happens if I end up with tickets left for me (from the referees) but I want to come down into your area? Is this possible? I can't afford the trip down AND buying a ticket.

Thanks for any info you can give me......

22. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    That is awesome.

23. Cantankerous

Cantankerous New Member

Apr 15, 2003
    United country
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just walk over, but wait for about 20 min. Or, arrange to have someone in that section come up and meet you carrying two ticket stubs.

24. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The stub deal described above will work or you can merge into the Barra (135-136, they're a little more general admission).

K

25. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    If you agree to commit serious acts of violence against the souless ones after the game, I think everyone in the Nest/Barra would buy you a ticket and a beer... :eek:

:)

I'm serious though, they probably would...