Scurry has chicken legs! ....& a chicken heart

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by defensewins, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Binchy

Binchy Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Choctaw territory

It would be in her best interest to shut up about it and decline to comment the next time some reporter sticks a recorder in her face. All it accomplishes is to remind people of her failure.

We wouldn't even be talking about it here if she had just let it die.

2. phats_away

phats_away Member

Jul 28, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    oh if only some people would listen and follow what they say

3. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    I'm a fan pure and simple. Me taking up for my team does not warrant your implications. At least I claim a team and stand behind that team 100%... something you could take lessons in. You aren't pro-anyone. You're just anti-Beat, which is a poor testament to your soccer fandom.

Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Can't wait for the next one.

We lack success with you because you're whacked and enjoy arguing too much to ever let it be. Ya know, I'm not even angry this time. I actually feel sorry for you. You spend all this time fussing and baiting strangers (most of whom are half your age) about a league you don't even really support. I don't know what you intend on accomplishing. Do you think your rants and put-downs are going to stop us from supporting our team? Do you think you calling me a kiss ass is gonna stop me from volunteering or having a drink and a chat with a player? Do you think we will all give up our season tickets and turn our back on our team because you don't like them? You accomplish nothing. If anything, you make our loyalty stronger... our bonds as fans, stronger... our love of the BEAT...STRONGER!! So no matter what you say, you lose. How sad for you.

4. 100fyrz

100fyrz New Member

Dec 3, 1999
    West Hollywood, CA
    Seems to me this thread's ass content, whether wiping or being, is getting a bit high.

And while Scurry may have been one in '00, but here in '02 she is a better keeper than Mullinix. I'm (pleasantly!) surprised to see The Ape taking note of this.

5. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    "You're just anti-Beat, which is a poor testament to your soccer fandom.”

So anyone that’s anti-beat is a poor soccer fan? I guess I’m in good company then with most of the posters on the boards.

"We lack success with you because you're whacked and enjoy arguing too much to ever let it be. Ya know, I'm not even angry this time. I actually feel sorry for you. You spend all this time fussing and baiting strangers (most of whom are half your age) about a league you don't even really support.”

Oh so now I don’t support the league because I hate the beasts. And you are calling me whacked? that’s very funny. Again, that'd include most of the posters on these boards. I bait strangers? Hardly, why these people know me so well they have made profane comments about my children!

“I don't know what you intend on accomplishing. Do you think your rants and put-downs are going to stop us from supporting our team?”

Does anyone here think their rivalrous put downs are going to stop anyone from supporting their team? This is rivalry, live with it.

“Do you think you calling me a kiss ass is gonna stop me from volunteering or having a drink and a chat with a player?”

No way. I don’t even think the beat player’s calling you a kiss ass would stop you.

“Do you think we will all give up our season tickets and turn our back on our team because you don't like them? You accomplish nothing.”

Ok kimbo, let’s just do away with the rivalry forum. That way no one will “accomplish” anything.

“If anything, you make our loyalty stronger... our bonds as fans, stronger... our love of the BEAT...STRONGER!! So no matter what you say, you lose. How sad for you.”

Man, if that’s not a cry for help, I don’t know what is.

6. *Crazy_Chastain*

*Crazy_Chastain* New Member

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida

*looks around for a while*
    *thinks for a second*
    *stares off into space*
    *starts thinking again*

ummm......yeah.......yall are my dawgs and all, but you know how anti-ATL I am.....does this make me a poor soccer fan? :confused:

:D
    WAR MIGHTY RAYS

7. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    taking out of context it sounds like ************, but if you read the sentence before it, it makes much more sense. Boo, you are a fan of a team and don't just rant at fans of a team. (Bethie gets what I'm saying and that's all i care about understanding this post)

8. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Normally, the only time I rant at fans of a team is when they rant at me for attacking their team. I don't see how anything's been taken out of context.

9. Binchy

Binchy Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Choctaw territory
    As long as Scurry publically whines about it, I'll criticize her for doing so.

10. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All annoying slap fighting aside defensewins is right. Scurry's comments were classless and she should have kept them to herself. The olympics ended 2 years ago. She needs to get over it.

11. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *lol* You know, that's almost worth paying 30 bucks for a sig.

12. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    There you are taking things out of context again (right on the money AB1). The sentence you quoted doesn't make you a poor soccer fan. The sentence before that one along with the one quoted is my comments in context...(Crazy Chastain ...take note...she was only showing you a partial). DW's partial quotes and her bad interpretations = bad information. We're all used to it (unfortunately). My original post said: "I'm a fan pure and simple. Me taking up for my team does not warrant your implications. At least I claim a team and stand behind that team 100%... something you could take lessons in. You aren't pro-anyone. You're just anti-Beat, which is a poor testament to your soccer fandom."

Broken record... and we're tired of the violins. The people responsible for those posts aren't even here and the ones of us that are here, didn't agree with it.

They wouldn't do that. They know I am there to promote the league and do my part to help ensure its continued success. I'm not starstruck and they know that. If you are truly a WUSA supporter, you'd appreciate others giving their time to help promote the league.

Agreed.

*Things out of context... a real pain, eh?!*

13. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    “There you are taking things out of context again (right on the money AB1). The sentence you quoted doesn't make you a poor soccer fan. The sentence before that one along with the one quoted is my comments in context...(Crazy Chastain ...take note...she was only showing you a partial).”

_______
    I assume Crazy Chastain and everyone else here can read a post, and decide what is in context. I guess you don’t-

"I'm a fan pure and simple. Me taking up for my team does not warrant your implications. At least I claim a team and stand behind that team 100%... something you could take lessons in. You aren't pro-anyone. You're just anti-Beat, which is a poor testament to your soccer fandom."
    ______
    I still stand by what I said-your attempt to say that I’m not pro anyone is very bad information. Am I anti beat the like the rest of the people on the boards-yes. Sorry, but it's not that unusual. Just because I don’t’ have a team where I live doesn’t mean I don’t support the league, and if you’d get out of the beat forum and kkk thread once I a while you’d know that. The problem I have is your always coming into rivalry, where we are having a rivalrous attack on a beat player or coach, and acting like since you talk to them over the toilet, or whatever, that everything you say is the God’s truth and totally negates the observations of others. You simply forget where you are. Again, it’s rivalry. Your insipid defense of beast people based on your so called personal knowledge is a bore.
    _____

“quote:

Hardly, why these people know me so well they have made profane comments about my children!
    That’s a total re-write of history-not one of you said anything to that effect on the boards. And as for the people responsible for the posts not even being here, I have no idea what you are talking about. I'll keep bringing it up when appropriate until it’s been adequately addressed by the mods here-and they know it-you might want to forget about the poor behavior by some of your friends, but I won't, as when you defend them as people I don't know who are 1/2 my age. Like that gives them some sort of an excuse to be ignorant and attack my family. Until the mods set the record right, until you stop giving me reasons to play it with uninformed comments like that, the violin plays. Moreover, I've seen people get carded in the FF recently for less disgusting crap then your little friends posted.

“quote:

No way. I don’t even think the beat player’s calling you a kiss ass would stop you.

“quote:

"I bait strangers. Man, if that’s not a cry for help, I don’t know what is."

*Things out of context... a real pain, eh?!* “

No-people abusing the quote function on big soccer and assuming the rest of the posters are too incompetent to read the posts to check context are a real pain.

14. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    I rarely ever post in the KK thread... not that there is anything wrong with posting there, I just don't have a lot of time and do most of my posting in here and the Atlanta forum. Of course I'm going to defend my team. The majority of what is posted in here about the Beat is biased and by people who have never even seen them play or had any exposure to them at all. We have our opinions as well, just because it is opposite of yours doesn't negate our right to post it. That, too, is the nature of rivalry...live with it. If it's such a bore, why do you bring it up? You started this whole thing with your offensive post about my contact with a few of the players. If it is so boring...move on!

:yawn: Talk about a bore. Take it up with the mods... why puts us through having to hear it again, again and again?

You mean like insinuating that a poster "wipes" the backsides of players? That was an offensive post and unwarranted. It's hypocritical. As long as you lay in a cess-pool... the crap can't be distinguished between what is thrown at you and what you voluntarily dwell in... Who can blame the mods for not knowing what to do?

Of course I'm biased... it's called BEING A FAN!! I don't care if I change your opinion. I just want the right to post my own. Anything wrong with that? And, for the record, I don't like Coke.

You have got to be kidding?! Without promoting the league, there is a lesser chance of longterm success. A lot of people in all eight WUSA cities volunteer their time and efforts to help secure the longevity of the league. I, for one, do appreciate each of those people (in all the eight cities). My volunteering is very limited due to my location and the four hour distance between my home and Atlanta. If attendance increases in these cities and the league succeeds, then hopefully there will be an expansion of four more teams... perhaps even an area close to you. Are the dots sufficiently connected yet? I can't speak for all volunteers, but my main reason for helping is not to "rub shoulders" with the players. The one's I've worked with have been very kind and I'm glad to have met them. However, my main reasons are (1) Help attendance and ensure league success; (2) Promote soccer as a fun and competitve sport; (3) promote women in sports and (4) increase community support for the Beat. Getting a chance to get to know some of the players a little is a bonus, not a necessity. Our exposure to the players is still in a soccer and professional context.

DW, you say that you support soccer... how can you not appreciate the work that goes into ensuring it's success and promotion? ...and I'm certainly not meaning me ...like I said my time is limited, but a lot of people give freely of their time to help the league and you trivialize it to starstruck, shoulder rubbing. Alas, you continue to shock me.

I've said my peace on this subject. You can refute and deny all you want... change the meanings behind every post... argue with the air surrounding you... whatever your heart is content to do. Others can just stand aside and shake their heads at the sadness, frustration and anger that envelopes you.

Piper... it's your turn... she's giving me a headache.

15. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    You, your friends, and evidently the mods utterly fail to see the difference between Rivalry directed toward a team or fan affiliation, and flat out profane vile personal attacks having nothing to do with either of the above. The rest of your post is just blablabla- although I would say that your driving 4 hours to "volunteer" seems a bit whacko.

16. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I for one hardly ever am with the players when i volunteer. Such as last night, I volunteered in this little thing made up last night. It was a lot of fun. I walked around handing out super tickets and i think i got alot of people interested in the team. I really like just promoting the league with or with out the players there.

17. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    :rolleyes:

Oh, we understand. Out of your mouth = rivalry (no matter how insulting or profane)

Out of our mouths = "flat out profane vile personal attacks" (even if there is nothing, profane, vile or personal about it)

It's that old double standard, contradictory crap you like to pull.

Interpretation - "I have no comeback to something so blatanly obvious and full of truth."

AS I said already... my volunteering is limited due to this distance. I always coincide it with my time off from work when I can spend time with my friends and family in Atlanta. Is that okay with you? ...that I vounteer while I'M THERE ANYWAYS VISITING PEOPLE!! Besides, the adjective "whacked" belongs soley to you on this board...let's make that perfectly clear.

Good Job, Shawn-Marie! I'm proud of the volunteer work you do and appreciate it very much!!! :)

18. piper

piper New Member

Thank you. :D

Yeah, she tends to have that effect on most people. I guess you could say she's a "pain in the neck" but I have a MUCH LOWER opinion of her... if ya know what I mean.

Anyway, I think we can all come to the conclusion that she's not really a fan of the sport. She's just someone who likes to instigate quarrels between fans and if you happen to be a big fan of a certain team, or just a fan who volunteers to help the longevity of the league you are labled by her as a "wacko". She's labled me as "stupid" and "moron" and a "liar".

Oh that hurts so deep. :|

Now let's examine this shall we? In no way should this be hurtful, basically because it's coming from her, DW. Oh no, DW called us "wacko" (and many other things, like in my situation) and "beast fans" and said that we'd even go as far as to "defend child molesters".

Think of her words not as salt in an open wound, but rather as laughing gas to your system. She's back ass-ward, we all know it.

(Ah crap, was that to personal mods?)

Yes DW, I attacked your family and on many occasions have bitten my lip from doing so again... basically because I know how bad it pisses you off. Now, no one's patting me on the back. No one's giving me chocolate chip cookies for my effort of self-control. I'm a little hurt.

So instead of getting all upset by her posts we shall just laugh. I'd tell you why but I can't say it in a nice way... see, follow my lead.

What's the saying again? You can't beat a dead cow? :)D) Yeah, well, we've all heard her rhetoric many many many many many many many many many (have I mentioned many?) times before. She's become a complete bore.

Just so we have it straight we this is what we know, she hates:

The Beat.
    Beat fans.
    Beat volunteers.
    People who stick up for the Beat.
    People who stick up for us Beat fans.
    Charmaine.
    Canada...

I know I'm missing some but you get my point. So all I have to say now is...

NEXT.

Buh-bye now.

*waves*

19. XYZ

XYZ New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Big Cat Country
    This was a good thread until it turned personal. Now it's just the same old boring crap.

(That's a personal opinion - not a mod opinion)

20. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    KGB:

“Oh, we understand. Out of your mouth = rivalry (no matter how insulting or profane)
    Out of our mouths = "flat out profane vile personal attacks" (even if there is nothing, profane, vile or personal about it)”

“Anyway, I think we can all come to the conclusion that she's not really a fan of the sport.”
    I could’nt care less about hurting you fools. I just hate your team, and you take it personally, not rivalrously. That’s always been the problem. I don’t waste my energy hating delinquents and older uber fans who should know better. The one thing I do care about, is the boards, to which you and your ilk have contributed zilch.

“(That's a personal opinion - not a mod opinion)”

21. XYZ

XYZ New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Big Cat Country
    Controling drivel is easier said than done when there are no TOS violations in it.
    If this thread didn't have so much personal slap-fighting, it might have been a good thread.

My last statement is a hypothetical a little like Scurry's, "If I had been playing...".

Yea, well, you weren't playing. And you have no one to blame for that but yourself.
    Quite true! Nobody knows what would have happened if Scurry had been in goal, because it would have been a different game. Scurry might have screwed up in a different way, and the US might have lost by a couple of goals.

For Scurry (or any player) to say, "If I had been playing, then..." is just stupid. It's too hypothetical.

Having confidence is good, but criticizing another player on your own team is not. It's low class.

If Scurry wants to make a statement blaming somebody, she should blame herself.
    It depends on who the scorekeeper is. :D

Some scorekeepers give out saves like candy.

22. thegoofy1

thegoofy1 New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Denver, CO
    I've kept quiet for quite along time, but tonight, I really don't feel like biting my tongue. I know its useless to 'argue' with you, because you will always disagree with me DW just because I am a Beat fan.

I see one problem with your comments about just bashing the beat to be a rivalry. But ya know, I think it really helps when you want to have a rivalry if you actually support a team. Its kind of hard to come back with witty remarks, when we can't respond with something like "Well *insert players name* on *insert player's team* needs to be certified that she's really a she", since you don't ROOT for any team. Yeah yeah yeah, you don't have a local team, but neither do I. If I want to see a game live, I drive 7 hours to my closest team (which I have done, but you'll probably call me crazy for). Pick a team, then maybe we can get back to a real rivalry.

Definition of Rivalry: The act of competing or emulating. (from dictionary.com)

Well, to compete, don't you have to have at least 2 teams/players? I just see you picking on the Beat and their fans, how about picking a team to root for? Isn't that half the fun?

So are you the one thats pissed off because we have a good time in the KK threads? Look at some of our posts, some Beat fans do PBPs for games that don't include the Beat, several of us post articles when we find them, and we have also posted game analysis. If that is contributing zilch by us Beat fans, I'd sure like to know what you think is contributing. Or are we just not supposed to have ANY fun on the boards? Sure, you can quote all the mindless things that I've posted (and there probably is plenty). But there has also been plenty of posts that I feel have contributed to the boards.

23. piper

piper New Member

THAT'S MA GIRL! :D:p

LOL

24. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    Well since all previous posts have been DELETED from this forum...I guess it would be difficult wouldn't it?

We'll just quote the one in this thread...

"Besides, you know I'm right. KBG would come in here with, "I just saw the (accused) and she is the nicest sweetest person ever, and would never ever do anything like that. I vouch for all beat players, because as a Beast volunteer they let me do cool stuff like wipe them."

I'd call that profane... unless you just get a kick out of picturing such a scene. Then we'd just call it social time for you.

Goofy has your number... nailed you right between the eyes! You fool no one. Your continuous personal attacks on Beat fans can never be white washed by labeling them rivalrous. You continually insult us and try to say it's part of the game of rivlary... which is simply delusional. But, then again, you can't end up where you're at without having some form of psychosis. :p

25. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Goofy you are paranoid-the only thing I have ever said about the kkk is that if post counts do not count in the off-topic threads, neither should they count in the kkk. Seems logical and fair to me. Don’t take personal umbrage at the terms “you and your ilk;” my comments were directed at a couple beat fans, you not among them. As for your rivalry comments, I totally disagree. Based on your premise, someone who follows the league but who has no allegiance to a specific team has no right to comment in rivalry. That’s very narrow minded. As I have stated before, I am certainly not alone in my distaste for the Beat. I am a huge fan of WUSA. I think the Beat represents WUSA in a very negative way. If you peruse the women’s boards, you know that am not alone in that thought. I think not having a team allegiance adds even more credibility and objectivity to one’s posts. I am objective about the Beat, I love Sun Wen, and I respect Serlenga. Some of the beast fans here should have had their posting rights revoked based on profane and vile things, clear TOS violations, they’ve posted for lack of ability to be rivalrous. Ask yourself if you were a crime victim and it happened in front of 3 cops, none of whom would act, would you forget the cops or the criminals? (for impaired beat fans…its called an analogy). Being objective when it comes to them ain’t possible, not until I get what I want from them or the mods-which also ain’t gonna happen.

kgb, look up profanity –you guys couldn’t find a profane post by me before the deletions- why you would imply otherwise I have no idea, other than to piss me off. As for your statement that I have mental problems, I have to agree inasmuch as arguing with idiot beat fans over what should be obvious is pretty nuts. Yet, it is so true that “talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.” (Euripides). There’s really no point in trying to explain the concept of a rivalry forum to you. You are hopelessly lost. Instead of considering anything substantive I've said, you are more interested in blindly foaming over beast players and coaches while simultaneously patting yourself on the back and accusing me of insanity. As a result, KGB, you have killed this thread-good job-

XYZ you are very humorous –TOS? What did you do when there WERE TOS violations? When will you realize that being a mod means more than just enforcing the TOS. It’s your forum, it’s under your control, you are responsible for what goes on here, the direction it has taken and will take. It’s really not all that difficult.