Scurry has chicken legs! ....& a chicken heart

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by defensewins, Jul 23, 2002.

1. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Just stop whining then and demand that I'm carded. End of discussion.

Now back on topic. Where the concern for chicken-leg Bri? At this rate We won't be able to see her in goal for the next cup, and I mean literally. Some one rush her some big macs!

2. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bri actually isn't skinny. she is pure muscle. Perfect body!

3. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Yeah, and after what little muscle is there goes, it'll be skin and bones...she will be an easy nutmeg target.

4. 100fyrz

100fyrz New Member

Dec 3, 1999
    West Hollywood, CA
    Um, then what's Saskia's excuse?

5. miahamm9

miahamm9 New Member

Nov 18, 2000
    England
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    All I am going to say is Briana Scurry sucks (trying to save a BEAUTIFUL Kelly Smith left footed 30 yard free kick and TOTALLY misses and hits the post head on! LMFAO) and that Siri Mullinix is the best goalkeeper in the world and she will be head and shoulders above Scurry when she gets 100% fit again!

FULL STOP!

6. piper

piper New Member

LOL

We're all biased. :D

But I will say this, Scurry doesn't suck. Were you all saying that in '99? Or how about '94, '95, '96, '97, '98? You won't catch me saying that she didn't let her self go after the WWC in '99. You won't catch her saying she didn't either. Come on though people.

Honestly, I think she deserves a little more respect that what you all are giving her. For crying out loud, who was the back-up GK for the 5 years Scurry was #1? Do you think they could have done a better job than her? I don't think so.

And not to mention that awesome half she had against Norway on Sunday. Give her some credit guys. She had a great 5 years for the USA when she was the #1 GK. She let herself go, and then regained her commitment. If you all want to be blind to that go for it, but it's sad.

7. 100fyrz

100fyrz New Member

Dec 3, 1999
    West Hollywood, CA
    "...Siri Mullinix is the best goalkeeper in the world..."

:confused:

What world?

8. piper

piper New Member

A Freedumb fans. :D

9. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    NO because she didn't suck then :) (just kidding, I don't think she sucks, I just think she's a jerk)

No but it took like a year for her to do it...in between all those divisive comments she made.
    now HERE is where your post goes terribly wrong...
    I
    Are you serious? Even Webber could've handled the keeper duties that day....

Aw, we made piper sad... :( Imagine you are Mullinix, you feel like complete crap after the oly final, a horrible way to end a great year, a year in which you broke big mac bri's shutout record, then you hear the bench warmer saying how she'd have made that save....and she's STILL harping on it....now THAT is sad.

And don't forget, Mullinix had pitched 2-3 shutouts of Norway before the olys. She deserves some respect also-she stepped in and played well when Scurry let us all down.

10. piper

piper New Member

Ha. So she's blunt and says what she thinks. Doesn't make her right.

So what, she still took responsibility.

Now that makes me laugh. Scurry did have some good saves, and she looked really confident out there.

No, I'm not sad. I said you guys who weren't giving her credit for finding her commitment again, were sad. Anything about the Beat and anything about Scurry is sad to you. I expect that.

Siri was doing an amazing job with the NT when she took over for Scurry! I've got nothing but respect for her, but I've got respect for Bri too. Scurry didn't let anyone but herself down. Our opinions shouldn't mean one thing to her.

The loss in the Oly final could be blamed on many things. But how can you blame Scurry if she was a bench warmer? She wasn't playing. It wasn't her fault they lost. The players on the field are responsible for the game. That's just like saying the reason we won the WWC is because of the great ability of Saskia sitting on the bench. Doesn't make sense.

11. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    What game were you watching?
    There were a total of two saves, and I believe Beene made one.

It's her freaking livelihood, her job-credit for doing her job? I don't think so.

Yeah, well I disagree. She let her TEAM down.

Because just maybe, if she stayed in shape and didn't take her job for granted, she'd have been in goal, playing like she did for us prior to her pig out. According to her, her absence in the nets cost us gold-Yet she came into camp so out of shape, she deserved to be benched. I believe her teammates would have preferred her experience at crunch time. That couldn't happen because of HER lack of commitment.

12. piper

piper New Member

Fine then, one save (I could have swore there was more than just one). It was a great one. Here's a quote from USSoccer.com

"Scurry, who was solid in controlling her box to preserve the shutout, was tested right away, making a diving save on a volley from Saethre in the 49th minute."

Not bad for a "pig", eh? Much better than a COW. :)

Ooooooh, someone is emotional. Yes, credit for doing her job. If you can kick someone down for NOT doing their job why the ************ can't you pat them on the back for doing a job well done? Idiot.

And there's a big surprise. You disagree? Wow.

That's because I don't agree with your opinion and you think you're right. There was a back up GK, right? Yeah, well uh, they still lost at the Oly's. What's your point?

*applauds DW for saying the same thing for the millionth time*

Um, hey DW... she did lose her commitment to the team, no one is denying that. And guess what? She learned from that mistake and found her commitment again. I mean, that's what you want people in this world to do right? Learn from mistakes. Gosh, get off her back. And while you're at it - Get over it. For heaven's sake. Oh, uh, for crying out loud. Sorry 'bout that.

13. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Why are you equating her to farm animals? I saw the save. BFD.
    Because I am a fan, and I expect any player who wants to wear the USWNT jersey to have the USA mentality and fitness. It’s her life, it’s her job-as for a job well done on the Nats since she’s “come back” fit, only time will tell. That game vs Norway is no measure. Any "Idiot" can see that.

My point is that you said she has no one to answer to but herself. My point is, she hasn’t done that yet because she keeps blaming everyone else for not being in the nets in the olys. She admits she got fat, but still whines about her replacement’s performance, claiming she’d have done better. That’s not accepting responsibility.

Pipey, I know you get tired of hearing the truth, but if you keep sticking up for someone who still whines about the past, won’t accept the blame for that past, then I’ll keep telling you the truth. And maybe if she’d just shut the hell up and quit whining, I’d get off her back.

14. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many people can say they got out of shape, but still made the national team? (Fotop can't, Webber can't, TR can't, and many other people from the wwc can't)

The reason (and i'll say this again) Bri could have potentially done better than Seer in goal is b/c Bri was there in 95'. She says this alot she has the norway victory "dance" in her mind whenever she feels worn out or what not. That's is some Seer couldn't say until the gold match. That makes a huge huge difference.

Oh and DW I don't understand first she was too fat now she is too skinny? (and I promise I'm not being a smart ass)

15. Binchy

Binchy Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Choctaw territory
    This is what really irritates me. Why, after two years, would she continue to announce to everyone that the US would have won if she'd been in goal? It's over and done with. Finished. History.
    Nobody cares what she thinks about an event that's long in the past. The other NT players certainly don't harp to the media about what they think should or should not have happened at the Olys.....unlike Bri, the rest of the players have class.

By the way, the US could very well have lost with her in goal.....like the '95 World Cup.

16. piper

piper New Member

Re: Re: Scurry has chicken legs! ....& a chicken heart

Obviously DW has a hard time letting go.

17. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Scurry has chicken legs! ....& a chicken heart

that was a whole shitty lose by the entire team. that game just sucked in general.

18. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Um that's because they never WERE out of shape.

Obviously the 95 humiliation didn't motivate her enough to stay fit.

See the life and death of Karen Carpenter...

Binchy baby! right on! Exactly!
    Pipey, I already told you I'd let go if she'd just shut the hell up. :)

19. piper

piper New Member

You're doing exactly what you're claiming she's doing. Going on and on and on and on and on and on...

Why don't you "shut the hell up"?

20. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    You just hate it when I'm right. Going on and on is necessary to show how dumb your comments are.
    I apologize for trying to educate you-every once in a while you fool me and show a glimmering of understanding. But alas, once again you prove a hopeless case-Let's try once more: This is rivalry, Scurry is an anal retentive whiner who keeps bringing up Mullinix's oly failure, and I will stay on her case so long as she continues to spew selfish stupid comments. This is a new statement by her. Read the date of the article. Doh! :) And by the way, every time a keeper touches the ball it's not a save! maybe that'll help too next time you feel like misinforming us all!

21. piper

piper New Member

On and on and on and on you go.

:rolleyes:

I don't give a ************ what Scurry says. And I double don't give a ************ about Siri Mullinix. We lost the Oly final. They lost that game as a team. Why? Because soccer is a team sport. Are you undermining Siri's talent? Are you saying that if Scurry wasn't so selfish in getting out of shape we would have won? Like you've said, Siri did a great job in the nets leading up to the Oly's... Yet we still lost. The rest of the team lost it. And Norway won.

Don't blame Scurry for ************ing herself over. She did it to her damn self. We know this. We've said it a billion times before. But as usual the only thing you hear is your own self talking. And for some unknown reason, unlike us, you don't mind that.

You keep bringing this up because you have nothing better to do. Because for some reason you are obsessed with Scurry. You have to talk about her 24/7 for reasons I think I'll keep to myself.

Yes yes yes, we all know I'm a liar. And I'm dumb. Blah, blah, blah.

I see you still haven't thought of anything new to say. NOW that there is ONE BIG surprise.

22. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Piper! way to gracefully admit you've lost an argument!

Oh thanks for the laugh pipey! That's rich, considering what you've posted in this thread.

You just contradicted yourself. As for would we have won? We'll never know, but Bri sure does!

Who's us? you and ab1fan? lmao!

No Scurry keeps bringing it up.

Oh sure I am! Why bring up an a-hole player attitude in a Rivalry forum? How revolutionary!

Smartest thing you've said this whole thread! :)

23. piper

piper New Member

The sweet smell of bait.

24. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    Jealous? Nice comment. Right up your "edjumacated alley".

I haven't been in here in a while. Apparently, nothing has changed... you're still an ass.

Piper, don't waste your time. You cannot reason with the irrational. You would have more success arguing with a brick wall. We know what is true and we've seen the continuous contradictions. She's not worth your time.

25. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Maybe, but at least I'm not wiping or kissing anyone's.

It's true, you beast fans lack success arguing with me-but I think even the brick wall could take you guys.