@ Scum

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by thejuggernaut, Feb 9, 2011.

1. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or the classiest organization bankrolled by Rupert Murdoch, as I like to call em.

United...In 1999 they won a Thriller for the treble, then not too long after that, they were just Bad. When Ronaldo showed up, they became Dangerous and ultimately made HIStory a few seasons ago. Hell up until last week I would go as far to say they were Invincible.

Here's to City being United's Dr. Conrad!!!;)

Cheers.

2. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I never feel too confident before the derby. Have hated it of late to be honest because we seem to always be drawing or losing lately, and I have to deal with a lot of banter when that happens. Would love it if we could stuff them but they always have something up their sleeve. And the fourth official is Martin "Fergie Time" Atkinson coincidentally so we can expect 10 minutes of stoppage time if we're winning or drawing (and 2-3 if they are).

3. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate derby day to be honest. Out here in San Francisco I always end up being one of only a few CIty fans (if not the only City Fan) Surrounded by a bunch of ignorant scum sucking vermin supporters at the pub. There is one in particular, a Cockney red bastard who I may end up beating the hell out of at 4:45 in the morning just so he shuts up. I guess I shouldn't talk being an American City fan God I hate those red shites. I just hope we beat the scum bastards this time. I hate them, I hate them with every ounce of my being. Please Roberto just once let me leave that bar singing on high as the egotystical scum bastards cry in their pints. I am very nervous, have been all week. 4:45am kick off so by 7am I'll know if I'm having a good day. Come On Blues!!!

4. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Wheres a Benjani wonder strike* when you need it?

Seriously, we have the more talented playing list. Manu have the better team. It will be a cracker (I'm thinking last years matches which were absolute scorchers). If we take their scalp, we've taken a huge step towards the title.

*wonder only because every single goal of his was a wonderstrike. It certiainly left me wondering how he ever scored.

5. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Well, please don't shoot me when I say this, but I picked Man Utd to win this match. Let's be honest, the last few times at Old Trafford have been heart breaking for us. If it's another heart breaking game, at least let me get paid. ha ha ha ha

Utd just dropped 3 points to the wolves, and they got the monkey off their back as they no longer have the pressure of perserving the undefeated season. They are pissed and hugnry and are dying for a big win. This is not good. We're facing a Giant.

However, I rather not get paid. I love to be wrong sometimes. I think Mancini is going to play for a draw, because all he cares about is that 3rd and 4th spot. He is not measured on winning the league, just on qualifying for the Champions League. So expect the same boring game that we played against Utd at home, expect this one will be even more boring because we're away and Mancini will be more conservative.

6. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread reminds me that we seem to be back to only Rag stuff in the ads at the bottom of the page. :mad:
    Fortunately, there is some amusement to be had when one those ads begins with the words "Fathead Wayne Rooney". :D

7. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, the Stretford United ads are annoying and I remember they caused at least one or two former regulars of this board to leave in protest.

As for the derby, Silva scored the winning for a surprisingly lackluster Spain against Colombia, but he too came off the bench so preserved energy. Zabaleta, who has been recalled to the Argentine setup, came on after 62 minutes against Portugal. Not sure about Kompany. So a lot of our players should be fresh, Milner who played very well for England did play the full 90 though and may be on the bench come Saturday.

8. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a dream last night. The game is tied 2-2 as we enter stopage time, Atkinson gives the obligatory 5 minutes for Fergie and in the 5th minute of stopage time Tevez hits a cracker for the winner and runs past the stretford end kissing his City badge as the whistle blows. God that one is almost as good as the Olivia Munn and Beyonce Knowles in a hot tub one. :D Almost.

9. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And so it is derby day! Nervous as always, up at 1am with my stomach turning. I am never confident going into derbies and have no idea how it will turn out. CTID!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtdU2-wHhMo&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Manchester City 4 - 1 Manchester United[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHD2AZQfIgA&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Manchester City - We Have History[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRgAW_lvplo&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Denis Law's Cheeky Backheel[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DChBNAOl8Fo&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Manchester City FC Tribute - The MCFC Experience - Sydney Blues (Slow Motion)[/ame]

10. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    HT, 1-0 down. The better team by a distance but because we're playing so open they score a smash and grab goal against the run of play. Typical. :mad:

11. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    FT, 2-1 to them. I don't feel as gutted as I probably should, I think because we performed with assurance and more quality than them, they just have that cutthroat mentality of grabbing their chances that we still need to learn. Today showed to me that we're closer than ever, we went on their turf and IMO outplayed them but you have to credit them, they get the goals, Nani's goal was a complete smash and grab. If we'd played like that at home we'd have beaten them. The future is bright though, we're getting there and it showed today.

Who will be credited our goal by the way? Dzeko or Silva?

13. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Silva.

I'm not as gutted simply because I've gotten used to.

United exposed us for our weakest link, Lescott. How he's losing a header like that to a guy half his size for the first goal is just shocking, absolutely shocking.

Aside from that not too much to hate on. Scum have about 100 times more cohesion then our lot. It showed.

My only other gripe is seeing Mancini complain about no one being in the box when the ball just sat in the penalty area after the cutback. They flash to Mancini yelling for someone to be there.

I was like an entire year of attacking with three or less men. And you wanted someone to be there for a late run. You've drilled in there heads that defense and defense in transition is a priority, what makes you think that will change in the derby.

I need a beer.

CHeers

14. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Don't be so down guys. This game had draw written all over it, but rooney came through, what can you do? The margin was extremely narrow. Even look at the stats.

No big deal. So we can forget about the league title. I think our focus should just be finishing 3rd. 4th place would be a disappointment. So it's among Chelsea, Tottenham and us for that 3rd spot.

Hey, cheer up. I think we have a good chance of winning the Europa and get our first silverware for a long time. Onto the Europa, FA cup, and 3rd place finish now. Let's get over it.

15. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Difference between today and the past (well, modern era) was obvious. We did them 5-0, 4-1 in the past but they were "scrappy lower table team playing their Cup final" performances (ie, Wolves against us and them this season). Today was just how we can be every week and we were the better team overall.

Last season we always looked nervous and uncomposed against them, today we were confident and far more assured. Though it might not seem so, this was an important step today in terms of our team going to a place like Old Trafford, where were dominated around 70% of the match and as mentioned, it took something special to decide the match.

We are only 1-2 years off being the best team in England, IMO. Mancini will tweak the squad some more as players like Lescott and Jo really aren't good enough and we need someone of top quality in MF like Sneijder with Barry slipping to second choice. At this point, Champions League qualification is the most crucial thing and still not assured so must be the focus.

16. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I'm absolutely gutted. Rooney hits that ball 5 times and 4 go into the stands. Always against us. Frustrating we out played them consistently the entire match and get beat by a lighting bolt. I can't hate the rags anymore than I do so that hasn't changed. We were by far the better side on the day. Very frustrated. That said still on course for CL football next season and that's what truly matters at the end of the day. Cheers to Rooney for a great strike even if it was a tad lucky.

17. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I kicked a chair in frustration and broke it. Pretty much sums up my end-game analysis.

Frustrating as hell. One day we will get them and it will be all the sweeter for our current suffering in defeat.

CTID