Scottish sides in Europe (R)

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Gordon EF, Oct 21, 2004.

1. DJ_RFC

DJ_RFC New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Scotland
    What a goal that would have been!

2. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    So... any thoughts about AZ - Rangers next thursday? I expect a 2-1 or 1-1. Although a bigger AZ victory is definitely possible if Rangers come over expecting an easy 3 points or being content with 1 easy point.

AZ is currently the best Dutch team out there along with psv. But AZ is a more dangerous and attacking side, playing a more traditional Dutch game.

It should be a very good match, one that I'm looking forward to!

3. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    Rangers will take every game seriously, they're a hard working side. They're about 15 games unbeaten, including 2 Old Firm games. I expect a close game, with Rae kicking some heads and Lovenkrands diving a few dozen times :D

4. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    AZ lost to psv and have been unbeaten in NL and Europe other than that game. It'll be a good game I'm sure.

5. CdnBhoy67 redded

CdnBhoy67 redded Red Card

Dec 2, 2004

The Bhoys have and excellant chance of making the UEFA Cup with a win over Milan at Parkhead. Mind you they have to score early and play better
    defence then thet have the last month. And Barca should hammer the side from the Ukraine so it's looking good . come on the Hoops

6. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Aye, I meant out of the Champions League. I think they will make the UEFA Cup. Barca should hammer Shaktar? They should have hammered Celtic.;)

7. CdnBhoy67 redded

Dec 2, 2004
    Barcelona did have more ball position but if you can't do anything with it ,then it amounts to nothing. Celtic deserved the draw the the Nou Camp,
    and twice in two years they have come out of their with points, not to many other sides can say that.

8. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    Yes they got many points against them last year :rolleyes:

Celtic were lucky in Barca but all credit to them, they got a good result and at the end of the day thats all that matters.

9. CdnBhoy67 redded

Dec 2, 2004

The luck should continue today when Celtic face Milan at Parkhead, Celtic to win 2-0 and climch a Uefa cup spot.

10. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    Well be lucky to make 1-0. Sutton in the 80th minute is my prediction.

11. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Celtic 0-0 Milan (FT)

Celtic go crashing out of Europe. Brilliant. :D

12. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    :(

Good luck to Rangers and Hearts then. It is still a good thing to see two Scottish teams in Europe in December. Three would have been better but...

13. Burkies Ginger Mop

Burkies Ginger Mop New Member

May 20, 2004
    London
    I wonder if CdnBhoy67 will be around today! :D

14. CdnBhoy67 redded

Dec 2, 2004
    Im still here, i don't go into hiding like you Huns supporters after a loss, like some i know. We will be in the CL again next season while you lot again will have to settle for the UEFA Cup again.

15. CdnBhoy67 redded

Dec 2, 2004
    Good luck to Rangers and Hearts? Are you serious?
    Let them both bounce out of Europe ASAP :mad: