Scorpyn's Scanner

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by Scorpyn78, May 10, 2010.

1. tv20legend

tv20legend New Member

May 19, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i dont have enough posts to start a thread - can someone possibly do it if they think its a good idea?

2. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  3. mikey0620

mikey0620 New Member

May 26, 2010
    Hello,

Thanks for writing this program, it is awesome. Hopefully it can help me get the game I'm still hoping for. Quick question, I cant get the email function to work. I have tried both my work and home email addresses, and run the program for games that I know are available. The program lists the following:

5:11:31 PM: Scanner -> Ticket status updated successfully.
    5:11:31 PM: Scanner -> Failure sending mail.
    5:11:31 PM: Scanner -> Email sent with ticketing updates.
    5:11:32 PM: Browser -> Initiating advanced action for XX

I did not receive an email and have run several trials. It does say email sent but just before says "failure sending mail." Any suggestions?

Thanks.

4. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    can some one add my email to the notification for the 64, i am having problems installing 3.3, scorpyn very helpful but i still having problem, must be my computer.
    samconnie@yahoo.com, i think uh ave to just put my email next to yours with a ,(comma)
    thanks

5. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

This could be due to two reasons:
    1. Your ISP is blocking smtp connections. Some ISPs do that when they want their users to use ISP's smtp server only. You can test this by going to command prompt (Start->run. Type cmd.exe then press enter key). Type 'telnet smtp.gmail.com 567' and press enter. If it's not able to connect it means your ISP is blocking connections to gmail's smtp server.
    2. Your antivirus sometimes blocks outgoing connections on specific ports as well. Try to allow outgoing connections on port 567 in your antivirus and see if it works.
    If it's the first case, you don't have a choice but to rely on the sound alert. Oh and the fact that it's saying 'Email sent successfully' is just a bug in the code. It is indeed failing to send email and so this success message should not be displayed.

6. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Which match and category?

7. whizzergo

whizzergo Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I havent seen this answered elsewhere:

I have several matches set on auto-reserve. I just checked the system with a match already available and it does indeed take me directly to the fifa website with the built-in browser to buy the ticket.

My question then is this:

If I have several games on the list and they all become available at the same time, how does the scanner prioritise which match is reserved? Obviously I would prefer some over others.

8. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Actually it was answered before. In case multiple matches are available, the show-stadium/auto-reserve option will be activated for the FIRST available match in the list and scanning is stopped. So the order in which you have listed the matches matters! If you want to be able to auto-reserve tickets for multiple matches or multiple categories, you need to run multiple instances of the scanner. You can do this by either running the exe file multiple times or by just copying the scanner directory and running each exe file once. I prefer the latter cuz it allows you to maintain separate matches.xml file.

9. AFA10

AFA10 New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Can you repost file

10. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Member

Apr 1, 2003
    Some stadium in Qatar
    yes please post file again.

Links are broken.
    This would be much appreciated.

its 4am, i am flying on memorial weekend vacation in 3 hours, and i still have zero tickets..

11. AFA10

AFA10 New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Desperate to get in, my friend is playing in the WC and I need tix bad...please repost the file Scorpyn

12. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Guys,

I am getting too many PMs for scanner link. Please understand that the scanner is USELESS if the ticketing site is down! So even if you get the scanner, it will be of no use currently until fifa site starts working again.

13. VAMOS MEXICO

VAMOS MEXICO New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Try to give it to BS, SC & TA frequent users only scorpyon. People who helps & participates in WC forums often.:rolleyes:

14. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You should have a better chance than most to get tickets then. I am sure lionel can help you out there.

15. lutzno

lutzno New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    well that has kind of happened by default. if youre a frequent user, you wouldve seen the forum, and been able to download it.

16. DJGrizzlyPaws

DJGrizzlyPaws Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    yes it's been problematic for days. I am getting a 404 server error on the scanner currently!! :mad:

17. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Guys,

Please don't use the email option in the scanner cuz it won't work anymore. I didn't know there was a limit on daily quota in gmail to send emails. That quota got exceeded today due to too many outgoing emails so the email option wont work. Sorry about this. Didnt see this coming.

18. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Someone is sharing the link with others. I have removed the download. Please PM me if you want to download the scanner.

19. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Posted elsewhere too:

Scan Buddy:

Looking for a scan buddy in a different time zone - can only scan from work during 08h30 and 17h00 CAT so would like someone else to scan the other times while I scan for them during work times (well you know what I mean)- I see ALL the red dots have disappeared so there is some action on the ticketing website again...

20. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is anyone facing 'script error' issue in the scanner when auto-reserving tickets?

21. hammeruk

hammeruk Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    yep... got the same too.

22. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Those of you who are facing the script error issue or if they see a dialog box appearing with an 'ok' and 'cancel' button when scanner tries to go to autoreserve page, please download the scanner.exe from the following link and replace the one you have:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tnu3z0nmryy

If you have this issue and you dont use the new exe, the scanner won't auto-reserve tickets if they become available, not unless fifa fix this script error issue in their site.

23. hammeruk

hammeruk Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Thx a million - again! You're much faster than Microsoft at releasing fixes!!! :)

24. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    and a LEGEND! Just in case anybody had forgotten!!

25. Lucas12

Lucas12 Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    Adelaide United
    Had that too, all working like a charm now agin, you're the MAN!!!