Scorpyn's Scanner

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by Scorpyn78, May 10, 2010.

1. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Scorpyn's Scanner: v3.2 (Retry Auto-reserve)

Implemented Lutzno's suggestion for retrying auto-resreve incase 10 minutes timeout elapses. The application will now try to autoresreve the seats repeatedly until the tickets become unavailable or the user completes the buying process.

If you have already downloaded v3.1, you can get the scanner.exe from the new package and replace the old one that you have. This way you can maintain your settings in matches.xml and scanner.exe.config file.

v3.2:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2zwggz3vyeg

Lutzno, thanks for a useful suggestion.

2. lutzno

lutzno New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: Scorpyn's Scanner: v3.2 (Retry Auto-reserve)

anytime bud. cant wait to have you in our country. im crossing fingers that you get your final tickets!

3. zdog

zdog Member

Apr 18, 2006
    akatime / virginia

you're awesome, scorpyn! just finished our wishlist.

4. lutzno

lutzno New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

got my domestic worker a netherlands v cameroon ticket using the scanner. holding out for SF cat 3/4

5. Roberto Larcos

Roberto Larcos New Member

Celtic
    Scotland
    Apr 19, 2010
    New Zealand
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    I might as well make my first post here!

I was awoken from the worst hangover I've ever had by that damn noise from my laptop...was delighted to see that the Cape Town semi-final tickets were available!

Thank you so much Scorpyn - legend!

Let's hope that the final tickets become available soon...

6. TheBigKuba

TheBigKuba New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yes!!!!

Thanks a ton for the scanner, dude. Match 61 came through. Now just waiting for the Final...

7. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks Lutzno, can't wait to be there myself! I guess it's a bit risky to wait for cat 3/4 but by the looks of it, I am pretty sure they will become available. Good luck!

zdog, glad to have helped! I hope you have a wonderful time there.

Roberto, I am glad you got the tickets you wanted. I find the damn sound annoying as well specially since I have been testing the application a lot and had to listen to it SO many times! But it served the purpose. Woke me up at 3 am last night when semis became available. Although I didnt need those tickets, I was scanning them just so I could alert everyone on the forum. The fact that the scanner can get the availability a few minutes before the tickets actually become available on fifa site is the most satisfying feature I implemented in this application. And of course, listening to you guys getting the required tickets makes it worthwhile.

TheBigKuba, although the current release doesn't allow scanning for 64, I assure you I will post on the forum right away when I see those tickets in the scanner.

I have enjoyed this project a lot! I will definitely do this for Brazil 2014 as well.

8. sulemanm

sulemanm New Member

May 3, 2010
    You Are Officially a LEGEND!

Thank you.

9. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Excuse my ignorance Scorpyn but I'm old ;-)

Which bits do I change? Is it just the VALUE?

<add key="EmailAddress" value="email@email.com" />

<!--Fifa username and password.-->
    <add key="FifaUsername" value="loginEmail@email.com" />
    <add key="FifaPassword" value="fifaPassword" />

10. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, just the Values. So if my fifa login was scorpyn@hotmail.com, I would change it to:

<add key="FifaUsername" value="scorpyn@hotmail.com" />

and so on.

11. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Thanks Scorpyn. Very impressive. Got it working. Is there a reason Match 64 isn't included?]

Sorry just read above and noticed you mentioned this.

12. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  13. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
  14. DJGrizzlyPaws

DJGrizzlyPaws Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks for this software. Appreciated!!

So, when will we have the extra bit which will alert us to when Final tickets go on sale now.? confused :confused:

15. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    v3.3 - Match 64 scanning!

Here it is as promised. This version has the following additions:

• Match 64 can be scanned.
    • Minimum frequency to scan is 5 seconds.
    • Support for different language pages on FIFA site. FIFA released tickets at different times in 2006 so this feature will allow you to scan different language versions of the ticketing site.
    Please put your username/password etc in the scanner.exe.config file again since this one comes with default settings.

Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1nmmzitremi

16. lutzno

lutzno New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: v3.3 - Match 64 scanning!

if we've got v 3.2, and arent looking for final tickets. is there any reason to download this one?

17. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Re: v3.3 - Match 64 scanning!

Well, it allows u to scan faster at 5 seconds while v3.2 is 30 seconds.

18. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Some clarifications and suggestions:

• If you are scanning multiple games and at a time more than one game becomes available, the scanner will just reserve the tickets for first game in the list and stop. The sequence of the matches in the list matters so make sure you add more important matches/categories first.
    • If you want to reserve tickets for multiple games, the best thing to do is run multiple copies of the scanner. You can do this by either running the scanner.exe multiple times, or by copying the whole directory and running scanner.exe in each directory. FIFA allows multiple sessions for the same account so even if you have just one fifa account, you can use the same account in multiple copies of the scanner.
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask here.

19. DJGrizzlyPaws

DJGrizzlyPaws Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can't login

Have filled in the values in the config file. I've chcked I am logged out first. I've checked spellings.

Still get message Unable to Login, but i can login on the main browser page with the same details :(

these great things never work for me :(

looks awesome as well

Could it be something to do with 3.5 network, i got some kind of error mesage downloading but the software seems to work fine otherwise

Help??

20. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Are you using a proxy? Check your internet explorer settings. Other than that, download and install the service pack for .net 3.5 from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...2f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7&displaylang=en

Lemme know if this fixes the issue.

"Unable to login" usually happens when there is an issue with your username and password. Are you sure you have put the value in the right place? It should be something like:

<!--Fifa username and password.-->
    <add key="FifaUsername" value="yourUserName@something.com" />
    <add key="FifaPassword" value="yourPassword" />

21. DJGrizzlyPaws

DJGrizzlyPaws Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Thanks Scorp, appreciate your help. I'm sure the values are correct. No Proxy.

I didn't choose a browser tho, it just automatically opened up. Maybe it was Firefox...i will check, but it didn't give me any option, just opened??

Maybe i will try a different pc and see if that helps

22. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What automatically opened? I didn't get that. Btw, are you able to login to fifa site and go to the ticket availability page in internet explorer?

23. DJGrizzlyPaws

DJGrizzlyPaws Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I mean the software opened automatically when I double clicked on the .exe file and started running (apparently fine).

I was in Firefox at the time, so maybe that's a problem

I can get to the fifa site fine in any browser

24. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Still not sure what you are talking about. Are you talking about .net framework service pack or the scanner application? I suggested that you install .net framework 3.5 service pack 1 first and then run the scanner. So I am not sure what is this software that automatically opens cuz of firefox?

25. DJGrizzlyPaws

DJGrizzlyPaws Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    sorry, bad explanation. I mean your software seems to open fine, but it didn't appear to open in any particular browser. must have been firefox. gonna try it all again on a diff pc with IE. thanks