Scoring Breakdown...

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by type_32, Aug 1, 2002.

1. type_32

type_32 New Member

Apr 23, 2002
    To alleviate my boredom and satisfy my curiosity, I decided to break down the season so far into 4 categories, and tally up the goals for each category: Games in which both Tino and Jaime started; games in which neither started; games in which only Tino started; and games in which only Jaime started. The results aren't particularly surprising, and they may not be particulalrly meaningful, given the small sample, and the fact that I didn't account for any other variables. Nonetheless, here they are:

Both start: 9 goals in 5 games (note: we're 3-1-1 in these games, although all five were at home)

Neither starts: 0 goals in 4 games

Only Tino starts: 6 goals in 6 games

Only Jaime starts: 4 goals in 5 games

Apologies if this has been posted already.

2. Kenobi

Kenobi Member

Jul 11, 1999
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So basically, you're saying Jaime and Tino should be trade bait? :)

3. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    This bodes well for next season. Just as Hudson took until his second year (following the teams first cohesive offseason and preseason), we may have a similar

But, we need at least a third forward. Eliseo is a good addition, he can play left wing or creative midfield and maybe even striker, but that may not be his best position. He would be a fine striker to cover for injuries, but as a second half sub and full rotation 3rd forward, neither Eliseo nor Curtis is going to cut it. I would like United to draft Knox Cameron if he comes out for the next SuperDraft. Knox is a big fast "spine" player who can play forward, midfield or defense in the center of the field. Adding someone like Dante Washington would be nice, but not if we need to giveup a first round draft pick for him.

Our defense is alrady good, so if we can get and keep Moreno and Santino healthy, we should be finishign some of our chances again. But that's a big "if."

-Tron

4. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    DT- So Eliso isn't going to cut it. You've seen him how many times now? Once, right?

When healthy, we are fine at forward. The question is, how often will we be healthy? Is Jaime at his physical limit?

RS