Scoreboard

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by Newports, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Newports

Newports Member

Jan 19, 2012
    This was probably the first big weekend --Conference wise-- and there were a couple of upsets with 1-0 scores. Seton Hall and Ohio St beat ranked St. Johns and Maryland.

2. Newports

Newports Member

Jan 19, 2012
    #2 Newports, Feb 27, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    #1 Georgetown over Nova 3-0, #4 Stanford 1-0 ot win v.San Diego st. #11 ND 1-0 over Butler.

The Big Dig and Diceshooter repped this.
  3. Socceriscool14

Socceriscool14 New Member

Chelsea
    United States Virgin Islands
    Jan 30, 2021
    Big yikes for Trevor Banks. Two 10-0 losses in a row.

collegesoccer repped this.
  4. collegesoccer

collegesoccer Member+

Apr 11, 2005
    First-year program with really no recruiting. A club team disguised as a Division I team...he'll probably get some players next year to start closing that gap. It won't happen overnight.

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  5. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Wasn't Chicago St a D2 program?

6. BigBear

BigBear Member

Apr 20, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention a roster of only 16, three of which are keepers. Doesn't appear to be an assistant coach, either.

7. Socceriscool14

Socceriscool14 New Member

Chelsea
    United States Virgin Islands
    Jan 30, 2021
    Two red cards in the last game too.

8. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    I'm always happy to find a new team to root for - here's a game report that gets an A for optimism ...

https://www.gocsucougars.com/news/2021/2/28/xavier-takes-down-chicago-state-mens-soccer.aspx

"Xavier is a good team and they're coached well, so we knew they were going to be tough," head coach Trevor Banks said. "We went into the match with 12 guys, so fatigue set in, which made things tougher. The thing that excited me was the attitude, commitment and effort of our guys. We didn't stop, we kept fighting until the very end and jogged off the field with our heads held high. For me, that's a win."
    The Musketeers then tallied two more goals before the two teams battled to 23 minutes of stalemate soccer to cap off a 10-0 result.

"We got our first corner kick in the second half, which was exciting," Banks said. "The way I look at it, we are continuing to grow, and that's what we did yesterday. We will take the lesson, learn from it, and I promise you we will be better."

9. Newports

Newports Member

Jan 19, 2012
    #9 Newports, Mar 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    Some Big Ten , Big East scores today:
    Ohio St 2-0 v.MSU, Rut 2-0 v. Maryland
    #1 Gtn 2-1 ot v. SH, Prov. 1-0 2ot v. Nova, SJ 2-0 v. UConn, Butler 5-0 v.DeP

The Big Dig and TimB4Last repped this.
  10. Newports

Newports Member

Jan 19, 2012
    #10 Newports, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    Load matches tonight. But (Fri) UNC 3-0 v.#4 Pitt, #5 (Sat) Gtn draw (2OT) #14 Prov., #18 (Sat) UNH 4-2 v. N'eastern.

11. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Maryland (now 2-3-0) beat Michigan 2-1 (now 3-1-0) in Ann Arbor, in a game that kicked off at 11:00 AM this morning, Michigan with an early red card.