Scolari Super Powers !

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by |--LdC--|, Jun 27, 2005.

1. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Is Porto supposed to represent Portugal? Huh... I think not. That's wha we have the NT for.

And btw....? There's a reason they call it the "National team" you know? :rolleyes:

Tell that to the spanish, french, italian, brasilian, etc etc etc etc etfvckingcetera. I don't see them with foreign coaches.

There WAS an argument!
    And I can tell you I (like several other people) was against Deco in the NT and still am. Yet I'm a Porto fan, and a great fan of Deco.

But he's brasilian.

He called the brasilian coach the night before the naturalization was officialized just to confirm if he had a chance of playing for Brasil. Since the brasilian coach told him there wasn't.... ding! There you go! An instant Portuguese!

Have you noticed that Deco never sings the anthem?!

You're mixing clubs with NATIONAL teams again you rambling fool!

Wrong. A lot of people don't buy into this "success at all costs philosophy".

You don't buy players for NT's you senile phvck.

You think we have a better chance at winning the WC in 2006 simply because our coach happened to win it with BRASIL?!

You're delusional.

WTF are you talking about?

We support portuguese teams (those who do) because of patriotism. It's not because we're better than the rest! In fact most of the times we aren't.

But anyway you missed the entire point, when I said Portuguese people are "subservient to foreign people".
    Maybe you should try taking shorter breaths as you read next time... I don't think enough oxygen is reaching your brain cell.

2. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    by far.

3. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I love how you directed your post at me as if I was having a conversation with you.

I hate when people chop up posts but I'll try and get through the huge ********ing mess you just made for me... to poop on!

Porto doesn't represent Portugal? Since when? Is Porto not a Portuguese club? This is news to me. Correct, we have an NT to represent Portugal. I'm glad you figured this out. I'm glad you also apparently figured out that Porto is not all of Portugal; meaning Scolari has no reason to be at Porto games if he doesn't want to. WOW! Also, I love how you quoted National Team, knowing fully well the name of the team is the Seleccao Portuguesa, or Portuguese Selection.

Foreign Coaches:
    Greece-German
    Korea-God knows what now
    Japan-Zico
    England-Swedish

"There WAS an argument!
    And I can tell you I (like several other people) was against Deco in the NT and still am. Yet I'm a Porto fan, and a great fan of Deco."
    -One of the reasons you shouldn't of replied: the post wasn't directed at you, genius.

"He called the brasilian coach the night before the naturalization was officialized just to confirm if he had a chance of playing for Brasil. Since the brasilian coach told him there wasn't.... ding! There you go! An instant Portuguese!

Have you noticed that Deco never sings the anthem?!"
    Take your own advice, pal; take slower breathes; reread what I said; and notice I never defended Deco being on the team, GENIUS.

"You're mixing clubs with NATIONAL teams you rambling fool!"
    No, I'm not. The arguement presented was anything that's not Portuguese is good. I was simply presenting an arguement so that a Portista would know where the hell I was coming frmo; you rambling dumbass.

"Wrong. A lot of people don't buy into this "success at all costs philosophy"."
    Who are these people? I want to meet them. Because they sure as ********ing hell are not sitting on that FC Porto board I can tell you that much.

"You don't buy players for NT's you senile phvck."
    ONCE A********ING GAIN! The major point of my post was to prove wrong the belief that was made about people thinking anything from outside of Portugal is good. This followed the previous example dealing with FC Porto looking abroad more and more. Yet, I don't see anyone complaining. The arguement shifted from the national team to anything involving Portuguese football the moment THE PORTISTAS TOOK IT THERE

"You think we have a better chance at winning the WC in 2006 simply because our coach happened to win it with BRASIL?!"
    There was no better option the FPF could've gotten at the time. Unless they wanted Artur Jorge... and I don't exactly think that was a ********ing good option. Nothing to do with being Portuguese, but having ********ing talent. Scolari not only has the World Cup with Brazil, but has many titles under his belt from coaching in Brasil.

"WTF are you talking about?

We support portuguese teams (those who do) because of patriotism. It's not because we're better than the rest! In fact most of the times we aren't."
    Alright. So it's those OUTSIDE of Portugal that think everything outside of Portugal is better? Also; notice how you went from saying that Porto didn't represent Portugal, to saying that those who support Portuguese teams do so because of Patriotism. Now, barring you implying that every Portuguese club is a nation, that would mean that Porto as well as every single Portuguese club represents PORTUGAL.

"But anyway you missed the entire point, when I said Portuguese people are "subservient to foreign people". "
    MY ********ING GOD. No one was replying to you. Notice this, I didn't miss your point because I wasn't replying to it or attempting to.

"Maybe if you should try taking shorter breaths as you read next time... I don't think enough oxygen is reaching your brain cell."
    Go get your shinebox...

4. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    You replied to LdC's post. And LdC's first setence is this

refering to MY previous post.

So direct or indirectly you were talking about points I made and which LdC happened to agreed with.

In club competition every club represents itself. PERIOD. Only by association (and a matter of patriotism) do we say clubs represent their country of origin.
    Portugal National Team, ou Selecção NACIONAL... THAT is what represents us ALL as a nation!! That ain't too hard a concept for you to understand is it?

Now.... You're either really REALLY stupid, or you're just going out of your way to sound that way.

garbage

there are some 30 or 40 NT's in Europe alone. All except the ones you mentioned (and I had mentioned them in a previous post too :rolleyes: ) have coaches that are not foreingers.
    So what do you think is the rule and the exception there?

The argument that was being presented was that Portuguese people are too subservient to foreign people.

You reply that "we are as proud as anyone else"?? BS, because like I told you.... you don't see most of the other countries with foreign coaches.

Another perfect example is how we keep bringing average foreing players to take the places of portuguese players who are at least as good.

Anyway, this is just common sense, if you basic reading skills you would have understood.

garbage

good luck.
    you have yet to make that point

What can I say....you're just not a very bright or perceptive person. Many postistas have complainted about the excess of brasilians on the team.

But hey, don't let facts stand in the way of your pre conceived notions about Porto.

Cos that's really what your post is all about. A long rant full of twisted pre conceived notions about Porto and their fans.

So please take your hate and go drown yourself in the Ria de Aveiro.

5. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Aveirenses i won´t waste time explaining my point again, Ferreirajl did it perfectly.
    Lets not mess club teams with our NATIONAL TEAM, one thing is club football other thing is NT football.
    I won´t go as far as ferreirajl in saying that we shouldn´t have foreign coaches in our NT (after the 2002 disaster it was the best thing to do...) but we sure shouldn´t naturalize players that came to Portugal with 18 or 19 years old...
    And about the FC Porto comments, obviously i am not happy to see so many foreigners playing for us either, despite being a different situation i will say to you i was proud as hell when we won the CL playing with 8 or 9 Portuguese, i would be equally proud if we played with only 2 or 3 Portuguese players because we all know club football its about getting the best available on the market.
    Talking about being proud, one thing is to live in Portugal other is to live outside Portugal, obviously (i suppose you live and work outside Portugal) you will see things in a completely different way, its that emigrant feeling... but if you live in Portugal you will turn the tv and there you will have 6 or 7 hours of Brazilian soaps, 2 or 3 hours of american movies, you turn the radio you will have 90 % !!!! of foreign music, you go to the supermarket and you find it hard to buy Portuguese products, you go to the dentist and you have a Brazilian, you go to the doctor and you have a Spanish, a new band starts and they sing in English (because they have to sing in English to sell records...and be on the music tops...), we are heading towards cultural colapse, thats the real Portugal we live in my friend...
    To be Portuguese and feel Portuguese isn´t just waving the flag and watching the NT games like everyone did here in Portugal during the Euro, its much more than that, we had English rioting in Algarve and we gave them more beer and party...we lost the final with Greece and we had ppl on the streets celebrating with the Greeks, this show the bunch of loosers we have in this nation, always trying to avoid reality.

6. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Hallelujah!

I never understand why some Portuguese here and in Canada (I know from relatives in Toronto that celebrated Brazil in 02) cheer and dance in the streets whenever Brazil wins something. Uh, Brazil isn't a colony of Portugal! They haven't been for hundreds of years. Just because some Portuguese settlers landed there and banged a bunch of natives doesn't mean its Portugal. So they speak the same language so what? In America we speak English but you don't see England celebrating America even though they settled here hundreds of years ago.

Brazil is nice for the ladies though.

7. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Goopd point. I can tell you though that at least here in Toronto, there were a lot of Brasilians out on the streets during Euro 2004 celebrating with and cheering for the Portuguese NT. It was a great atmosphere.

8. RonaldoQuaresma88ca

RonaldoQuaresma88ca New Member

May 9, 2005
    Brazilian honeys are dang nice!

9. RonaldoQuaresma88ca

RonaldoQuaresma88ca New Member

May 9, 2005
    Ferreirajl ...you and JuveLeoRules really amaze me with your grasp of the English language, grammatically! You two must of been born in Canada or the US, to be able to type as well as you do! Hell, you're even close to my level.

Nao pedas a mim para escrever em portugues ...uma rapariga ja disso a mim em Portugal, quando eu foi la para meus farias - 'voce fala portugues mal'. Depois d'ela dizer a mim isso - I ran away like a little girl and sobbed.

10. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Rui Costa 2000 vs Deco 2005 is not even close. Maybe we need to get our hands on some old Fiorentina tapes to show how Rui Costa was classes ahead of Deco. Also, the current team is only marginally better than that 2000 team. We have a much stronger defence and we have Ronaldo, but 'that' Figo was probably the best player in the world and Rui Costa wasn't far behind. Plus, compare Pauleta and Nuno Gomes then, to what they are now :eek:. I won't go into the Baia vs Ricardo thing because it's Ferreirajl's job to get JuveleoRules all riled up:p

Foreign or domestic coach?..I prefer a Portuguese coach since we have quite a few that are more than capable, but there are benefits to having a foreign coach. Usually, they don't get involved in league rivalries and select their players objectively and not by any club loyalty. Scolari not showing up at Dragao (allegedly) kinda throws that out of wack...well at least enough to upset some people.

11. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I would say Rui Costa was a better player in his prime than Deco is currently...not to mention the passion and intensity in Costa's game that just doesn't exist in Deco's.

12. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He dosen't know the words and is too lazy to learn.

13. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This has been a great read...

And all of this coming because Scolari claims to have been at the Dragao...

Imagine the thread if he ever makes it there...:D

14. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Are you two guys done crying about the plight of Portugal?
    Deco is the best player at his position eligible to play on the National Team period. So what if he didn't grow up eating tripas every Sunday and sardinhas on Friday. There is no way in hell someone like Tiago or Viana should take his spot, that would be a far less virtuous act if you ask me...