Scolari may help Wenger

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Goonerette, Oct 11, 2002.

1. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Questions

1. Do we really need a consultant? What advice can one offer? "Keep it up, Arsene." Hell, I could do that.

2. Why Scolari? Before winning the World Cup, he was probably best known for instilling a cynical negativity to a Gremio side that gained success by kicking lumps out of its opponents.

3. What does this do to Pat Rice's ego?

2. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you think he'll actually be helping with tactics and strategy? I'm not so sure.

3. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    It actually might not be too bad of an idea, seeing as how Arsenal might be a "first choice" destination for any young Brazilian talent, which makes a hell of a lot of sense.

I sure wouldn't mind Arsenal having first crack at the next Garincha, Pele, or Ronaldo, would you?

Also, it would give Arsenal a nice "in" at some clubs where Arsenal throws a few $$ their way and agrees to a barnstorming tour, the clubs send some fresh young talent back to London (along with a few more $$ for their troubles).

4. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
  5. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Big Phil's just coming over to pick up a few tips from the master by the sound of it. He's only won the World Cup after all ;)