Scientific

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by salyal, Nov 2, 2004.

1. salyal

salyal New Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Hi all, I really appreciate participating in your forum and will start my posting with a new information discovered in the United States and would like to have your comments on the declared phenomenon.

The Scientific Miracles

I’m not a religious but astonished to know that Quran contains unbelievable scientific facts discovered just in the last century.

This is really amazing.

Astronomy!
    Mountains!
    Human Embryology!
    Oceans And Seas!
    The Movement Of Clouds!
    The Cerebrum!
    The Shape Of The Earth!
    The Expansion Of The Universe!
    The Sensory Characteristic Of The Skin!
    Formation Of Iron!
    The Lowest Part On The Face Of The Earth!
    The Sequence Of Day And Night!
    The Snow Age!
    New Diseases!
    Cnn Top Ten Discoveries Of 1998

You can find more info of the Scientists Declaration on the following site:
    http://www.islampedia.com/ijaz/Html/Scientist_All/Index.htm

Scientists Declaration
    ******** Keith L.Moore
    ************ E. Marshall Johnson
    ************ T.V.N. Persaud
    ************ Joe Leigh Simpson
    ************ Gerald C. Goeringer
    ************ Alfred Kroner
    ************ Yushidi Kusan
    ************ Professor Armstrong
    ************ William Hay
    ************ Durja Rao
    ************ Professor Siaveda
    ************ Tejatat Tejasen
    ************ Dr. Maurice Bucaille

http://islamicity.com/science/
    http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch1-1.htm

2. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    I'm convinced, I want to be a Muslim. Know the nearest Islamic temple in metro Cleveland?

3. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does all that help me get a free ipod?

4. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    So amazing that somehow Islamic science and culture ground to a halt many centuries ago.
    As did the Greeks, the Romans and Chinese in different parts of history.

5. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Er, one of the websites mentioned that the Quran says god 'created man from an extract of clay'. Either I've been misinformed or I must have forgotten something because I don't remember that being mentioned in my science class.

Maybe Muhammad was thinking of pottery and not embryology.

6. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    No wonder you guys never win any Nobel Prizes.

7. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except folks like her.

I'd recommend that you read her work, but the beacon of freedom, the American government, won't let you.

That being said, this thread is shite.

8. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Verybdog and patrickm must still be asleep.

9. Dr Jay

Dr Jay BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 7, 1999
    Newton, MA USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow.

When Mel disses your thread, its time to plead with the mods to extirpate it in its entirety.

PS - I'd say welcome to the Politics board but your first at bat was so poor, why bother.

10. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jay - se habla SPAM?

11. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Yeh, but that was 1947 and she didn't have to wear a burka then,
    Oh how we've progressed...!

12. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    This is actually probably a pretty sincere, if silly, post. For whatever reason (and I could suggest a couple likely ones), Muslims around the world find a strange amount of comfort in propaganda like this. I used to similar examples from my students in Rabat all the time.

A bit more comical is that they also love to recite the names of famous people who have converted to Islam, as if that alone is supposed to impress one into converting. You know, folks like: Ronald Reagan and Michael Jackson.

There was also an oft repeated story about Jacques Cousteau that combined these two tendencies in a funny way.

According to the tale, he tested some Koranic hypothesis about how the water in oceans doesn't mix. When he found that the Koran was correct, he converted on the spot.

13. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    The stuff linked above is weaker than even the Nostradamus phophecies.

I would like to know what extraordinary knowledge the Koran has to say about any scientific subject, not just vague generalities that could mean anything.

14. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Neil Armstrong converted after hearing the call to prayer on moon. I'm serious, it's true!

15. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pardon? The American government won't let us read her work?

Oh, Mel....

16. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Agreed...
    As pathetic and looking for images of virgin mary in tree trunks and wooden doors.
    religious ppl! :rolleyes:

17. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    I think that he must mean that the US government won't do him the favor of translating her works into Mellish, an obscure dialect that requires 2 superfluous phrases for every meaningful phrase in a sentence.

18. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, all religions have stuff that they should be justifiably proud of, but celebrating yesteryears' accomplishments is not a good way to toot your horn.

19. salyal

salyal New Member

Oct 24, 2004
    You are right Islam becomes the fastest-growing religion in America and in the world
    http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/3016/fastest.htm

From what I've heard from different friends of mine who have converted to Islam, there are a few main reasons for most conversions.

1. Islam is a religious lifestyle, not just a quick Sunday morning church visit and a label. Although some Christians do pray before each meal and spend much time with their Bible, etc.many don't in the USA. Islam is something that can't be shunted into a few spare hours. You pray five times a day. Your dress code is affected; even your food choices are explained in the Qur'an. Many converts like it because they feel actively involved and as if they are truly religious.

2. For women, it is a big and welcome change from the "in your face" sexuality of western culture. Women are not required by the Qur'an to veil. They are required to dress modestly and it is *recommended* that they cover their hair. However, most do veil and some go farther with niquab (the face screen) or other traditional clothes. Women dressed like this consider themselves marked as religious women, not easy dates. They don't get hit on. No one gawks at their bodies. They are clearly off limits sexually and many that I personally know say it is liberating not to have to conform to western standards of sexy dress, makeup and spending so much time and money on appearance. You buy a five-dollar hijab, put your hair in a ponytail and cover, wear long skirt and a tunic shirt -you're set.

3. Islam is also growing because many people are not satisfied with Christianity. They feel it is too liberal, too fluid and changes for the culture. Islam on the other hand is more rigid and does not as a whole allow much for modern changes and the whims of society. Many like it because they feel other religions have loose standards.

20. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    sweet! so it's similar to the atkin's diet! I lost 50 lbs. on Atkins, I am so there.

But can I pray just like 2 or 3 times a day? Or if 5 per day is required, can I do all 35 praying sessions on Sunday before the football match?

21. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    And if Islam's not your bag, there's always the moonies or Scientology or Hare Krishna or Lyndon LaRouche

22. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Or my own preference, Leprechaunism. From my studies I have scientifically proven that the world was created in 8 days, i.e. 7 plus one for getting drunk on Guinness.

23. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Now there's a good reason....it's cheaper...and if you're ugly...convenient.

24. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Are you saying that women who don't dress modestly in your opinion ARE sexually available?

25. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    salyal...
    You have much to learn.
    I honestly doubt that that is how they truly feel.