News: Schoolgirl Fantasies - OTT [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Nov 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We are talking about McKenna to Brighton vs him staying at Ipswich.

I never brought up an interim job anywhere.

All I said was if he wants to get to a bigger club than Brighton (or other mid-table club) then the top jobs only tend to go to those that have proven themselves. Would be easier to prove himself at Brighton than Ipswich given how hard it is recently for teams that come up to stay up.

Also where did "Rat" come from?

Deadtigers repped this.
  2. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bayern finish 3rd after Stuttgart win and Bayern lose against Hoffenheim on the final day.

That has gotta sting for Tuchel and the Bayern fans.

Kane injured in the stands finishes on highest bundi goals at 36 (2nd highest was 28) but no trophy.

SF19 repped this.
  3. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And Kane's another year older too. 31 in a few months. Probably on the down slope now.

Deadtigers repped this.
  4. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I kinda get where Chaz is coming from in regard to Ineos. They will want top four progress next year because of the finances. Also the Glazers have an option to sell the club from under them in a year or two iirc - so they have reasons to be impatient. So agree with him that unlikely they will be looking at taking a chance on an unproven manager at EPL level like McKenna.

Chaz your argument still confuses me. You are the one that brought up that McKenna shouldnt go to a mid-table club because he "is going to get opportunities now" by which I assumed you meant opportunities better than Brighton.

5. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Allegri? He’s done at juve but a bit negative

Utd imo need a younger coach and a complete rebuild

SF19 repped this.
  6. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    so Kane is mentioned but no mention of Leverkusen completing the unbeaten domestic season?

OK...

benni..., SF19 and Deadtigers repped this.
  7. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    People keep quoting arteta like the current situation allows for that. No other team is in the position that we’re in with this partial ownership and trying it their way. And the realism of it, is they have to do their best to get everything right as quickly as possible. It’s a short leash, not a 4-5 year one. Maybe not even a 3 year leash…

Ok good, we’re on the same topic. First of all, I don’t see why Ipswich can’t be the new Brighton. They’ve had back to back promotions, they have momentum, a settled team and a settled style. Brighton are a lower-mid-table club. The pay may be better with a new contract at Brighton, but it’s not unrealistic that they’re fairly equal opportunities. He has momentum with Ipswich, player belief, and basically no questions except “can we stay up.” There are more unknowns leaving the club at all.

And my point about having opportunities is that even if Ipswich get relegated, he’ll have opportunities to coach in the premier league now, regardless if he leaves now or when they’re relegated. Not many British up and coming managers.

8. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
  9. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Inzaghi is my ideal option for us, but would he come?

Realistically, Ineos is talking de Zerbi, Frank, Potter, Southgate... McKenna fits that bill.

Either way, I doubt Ineos sack ten Hag due to comp/psr. They will make condition impossible for ten Hag so that he leaves. Whoever replaces him will have it even harder than he or he's predecessors. We are at our weakest point since maybe the '70s. I can't remember Man U being in this sorry a state.

10. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Red Card

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Rashford left out of euro squad. Shaw, Maguire, Mainoo included.

If Shaw sits out our entire season and then goes and plays in the Euros he can kick rocks.

Deadtigers repped this.
  11. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Kroos announced his retirement. he could possibly go out with SIX UCL titles.

fantastic career. underrated imo

thebigman, SF19 and Deadtigers repped this.
  12. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    After the issue with Rashford getting drunk and arriving unprepared on a training day a few months back in January plus his form then not really a surprise Gareth doesn't want him around. Not something at age 26 you should expect from a professional.

United fans have been willing to back Rashford in the past over his poor use by Southgate at times, but that well has run dry.

Sancho not even in contention for the same reasons of attitude.

Hope they both leave in the summer and we exclusively recruit players with a much better attitude.

thebigman and SF19 repped this.
  13. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  14. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Even Southgate said it's an extreme long shot with Shaw making it. He's spoken with our doctors and sounds like a major problem he's got/had.

Not sounding good for his career longer term either.

Deadtigers repped this.
  15. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    But he hasn't included any other LBs in his 33 man squad either.

16. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Say what now??

17. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Red Card

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We missed our window to sell high on him. We’re stuck with him now. We need to buy a starting LB this summer and anything we get out of Shaw as a LB or LCB is a bonus.

SF19 repped this.
  18. thefly

thefly Member

Aug 9, 2007
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sofabloke and SF19 repped this.
  19. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    he said it was a possibility a few weeks ago

20. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's a mistake by Chelsea in my opinion. I think they are under estimating how big a rebuild they have.

21. thefly

thefly Member

Aug 9, 2007
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Seeing some reports that they are looking at Kieran McKenna.

Question then, would United now look at Pochettino?

Deadtigers repped this.
  22. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Red Card

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Poch would be a giant mistake, but if they’re looking for a likable yes-man, he checks all the boxes.

Sofabloke and Deadtigers repped this.
  23. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They absolutely want a yes man. That's not a bad thing at all, assuming we have proper, effective structure around them.

I absolutely think we actively want to move towards a head coach model. That's also to say EtH could still be that too.

24. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Chelsea showed significantly more progress than we did in style/play from July to now.

25. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    bingo.

that's also why the Klopp and Guardiola comparisons aren't correct for ten Hag.

yea initially the teams looked clumsy, and were probably bad at more things than good but you could see Klopp trying a high intense press or Arteta trying a build from the back system even if the results weren't there.

ten Hag has neither. there is literally zero from this season that would be a platform for anything - no player relationships budding, no repeatable good patters of play, no players strengths enhanced by the style, nothing in general. (and yes i mean this even with non-ideal players)

sadly we can't claim to have a base for a "transitional style" and definitely nothing from this season flows into any kind of basis for the "proactive"/ dominant/ aggressive style ten Hag says he wants