Scholl Out!

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Dead Fingers, Nov 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Scholl will be out for a bit :mad:

from Soccernet

"BERLIN, Nov 28 (Reuters) - Bayern Munich's injury-plagued midfielder Mehmet Scholl faces another lay-off after suffering a double cheekbone fracture in the match against FSV Mainz on Saturday.
    Making his first start in three months, Scholl was injured after a collision with Juergen Kramny of Mainz in the 24th-minute of Bayern's 4-2 win. He later scored his team's second goal and completed the 90 minutes.

The true extent of the 34-year-old's injuries was only discovered when he visited a Munich hospital after the game.

'It felt like I had been hit by a bus - it hurt like hell,' said Scholl.

He will not play again before the start of the Bundesliga's winter break in mid-December. The German season resumes in late January."

2. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    From Bayern

[​IMG]

"Veteran Bayern midfielder Mehmet Scholl will be out of action until well into the new year after sustaining cheekbone and jaw fractures in a horror injury during Saturday's 4-2 victory over Mainz.

Scholl went into an aerial challenge with the visitors' Jürgen Kramny but the players clashed heads and the Bayern man collapsed to the ground in pain, beating the pitch with both fists. The coaching team rushed to the scene and tried to lead their player from the field, but the 34 year-old waved duty medic Dr Peter to one side and returned to the action.

Scholl scored Bayern's second and laid on his side's fourth for Michael Ballack, but he was in fact carrying a serious injury. In only his second starting appearance of the season, the player had sustained a double fracture of the cheekbone and jaw, a hospital examination in the evening confirmed. Scholl will play no active part in the club's remaining programme before the winter break."

3. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you believe that shyte!!!! Man, this poor guy cannot catch a break (no pun intended). This truly sucks for FCB.

Here come all the Tevez threads once again.
    I am bummed! :(

4. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I am dumbstruck. Why does my favorite Bayern player have to be so plagued by injury. Bayern is going to have to hope Schweinsteiger/Ze/Deisler can make up for this loss.

On a positive note Frings should be back in the line-up for the next match, and he appears to have finally settled into the rythm in midfield.

5. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    Tevez is out of our reach i think. so D'alesandro and rosicky is more reasonable, Magath will help to take the best out of them. :rolleyes:

6. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I read off of the Bayern site that Magath says that no one is probably going to be leaving in January. This was in the last day or so, but I can't find the link---probably already archived. If they are going to off-load a player or two I really don't think they are going to bring anybody in. Besides, I think they are fine with the players they have. The team, as a whole, are in a groove. I don't think the injection of a player or two in the lineup (Deisler and Ze Roberto) is going to doom them.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Bayern have never really made it a habit to be active in the winter transfer period so I doubt anyone will leave or come in.

It is a pity about Scholl, purely because he has been the catalyst that has propelled Bayern to number one spot in the Bundesliga.

He certainly is Germany's number one player in terms of experience and skill, I still remember all those years ago in the Champions League were he would be dazzling the audience with his ball skills or scoring from a free kick. Bayern and Germany simply doesn't have a player of this kind of talent.

Scholl reminds me of Zickler, I always thought Zickler could be Germany's number one striker but he never players because of injuries... now he's just too damn old, I want to go cry.

8. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Does he win "Most Injury Prone Player of the Year" for a 4th year running? He did have the speed and touch and you at least felt bad for him. Then you think about people like Jancker, whose career has received "perfect 10's" for the most beautiful nose dive of all time :eek:

I am actually surprised that Scholl has not already been sidelined for something else, i.e., leg strain.

.........And bring me the head of Jar Jar Binks!!!!!

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez

Jar Jar rules!! Jedi Master Binks!!!!

and I know what you're saying about Scholl, that guy needs to visit a witch doctor to remove the jinx.

10. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    and you would think Bayern would have a witch doctor on hand--pathetic club :cool:

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I know man!! Even Bayer Leverkusen had one when Daum was in charge!! :D

12. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    And his cocaine eyes :eek:

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    The road on the street, yep the ghetto badass streets I am talking about; is that Scholl is being tempted to sign a contract till 2006.