Scholes Back in Training?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by bigtoga, Apr 13, 2006.

1. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
  2. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    He's been training for about 3weeks now.

3. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what confuses me. If Heinze was out for a serious physical injury.. and Scholes has been training for just as long (maybe.. almost) with something that is only affecting his sight, and he should be over it supposedly. Then why is Fergie giving Heinze a chance to reinjure himself when SCholes is more needed (actually neither are really needed TBH) and probably has much less chance to hurt himself?

4. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    The eye condition is very different from the leg. Once the leg heals it is supposedly fine, it can be checked over and progress halted anytime Gabby feels any tweak.

Scholesy is not being allowed to play because the doctors suggested rest is the only way to heal his eye also something about if he comes back to soon and gets another knock on the head it could be very bad for him. I don't know if he's in full training i.e heading the ball and getting into proper practice games. Back in training could mean he's just doing light jogging and ball hitting. You defo wont see Scholes back before pre-season. They're not even sure yet whether he'll get the 100% to play competitively again, so it's very different to Gabby's situtation.

5. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is confusing to me is why Scholes wasn't in the picture debuting the new AIG shirts.

6. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm.. I thought I read something along the lines of the injury to Scholes wasn't as serious as they thought.

Perhaps I just thought that 'practice' that he had been doing meant full team practice. I guess its just keeping in shape with some ball work to keep his skills up.