Scheduling

Discussion in 'Spain' started by RickStone, Jul 7, 2005.

1. RickStone

RickStone New Member

Jul 7, 2005
    Hi,

My name is Rick Stone. I am with Optimal Planning Solutions www.optimalplanning.com

We provide software and consulting services to professional sports leagues in the are of schedule/fixture generation. Our current clients in the U.S. include the NFL, MLB and MLS.

We are trying to break into the European soccer market but are finding it difficult to get contact information.

Does anyone have any contact information for the person/people responsible for scheduling the Spanish leagues?

Thanks,

Rick Stone
    Optimal Planning Solutions
    (250) 545-8256

2. manué

manué New Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Connecticut, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I would go via one of the Spanish Clubs to find that out.

3. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Good luck, in Europe if you're a season ticket holder you are screwed especially in Spain. Sunday games moved to Saturday for TV or because the team you are playing is in a European competition and needs the game moved up. It makes us gringos go mad, I get pissed when the A's have to move their game up a few hours imagine a game getting moved up a day and screwing your weekend. Don't forget that in Spain long range planning is what's on the schedule tomorrow. For the Kings Cup Final they don't decide the final venue until the two finalists are known which is FUBAR. This year the final was held in a stadium that held only 55K instead of the Bernabeu 88K or Nou Camp 97K because, the Bernabeu was being remodeled and in Barca they had a huge motorcycle ralley which filled up all the hotels. Had the Federation decided one or two years out like our super bowls there would have been no issue, but remember even with Franco the trains did not run on time, and they still don't!

Shoot me a PM for the Real Betis Balompie point of contact. Don't know if he will be helpful since Don Manuel has the final word on everything that goes on with the club to include single or double ply toilet paper in the stalls.

Viva Er Beti Manque Lopera!

El Pichi