Schalke transfer thread

Discussion in 'FC Schalke 04' started by P to the Wee, Dec 6, 2013.

1. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Am I the only one who read "papa's knee is even worse than you think" when I saw that loan?

3. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we lose tomorrow, do we buy anyone last minute?

With the DFB loss, we really don't have the money, but the threat of failing to qualify for the CL could be looming. I can't stop thinking about the fact that Holtby is for sale, and we could really use a versatile player like that. Bringing in Holtby would be a massive burden this fall, but maybe we could sell Fuchs or Santana this winter and open up some salary space. If Friedrich can be brought up to speed, we really won't need Santana or Fuchs anymore.

4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    The team has sufficient depth of attacking options though any move for improvement is always welcomed. Selling Barnetta and Obasi would create even more budget space for potential additions. Also allows better integration of Sane and Avdijaj, two bright prospects who have shown incredible fight and determination to leave a strong impression with the senior team.

Fuchs was originally close to leaving but it appears with Kolasinac's serious injury he'll likely stay and alternate covering LB with Aogo.

Itter is beginning this season with the reserves. Has shown decent strides so far and quite capable moving upfield from the RB position. Already scored in Regional Liga play, and was an active forward presence in a recent friendly versus Man City youth team.

5. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I just dunno where this club can make a move that'll help in the long run. Can't see any upgrades to Neu or Uchida that'd be feasible.

6. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Use all da moniez to grab Tuchel :D

7. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is where Itter needs to be. He wasn't good enough for the first team this summer. Baby steps. Avdijaj, on the other hand, did look good enough for the first team. And we know Sane is good enough to be getting minutes on the wing when he returns from injury.

The upgrades to Neu and Uchida will come from our youth. Ayhan has serious potential as a Dmid. Goretzka has potential as an attacking member of the double pivot. Multhaup and Itter look like promising outside backs, and Friedrich can fill in at outside back in a pinch. Those solutions will take a year or so to mature, but I'm confident they will pan out.

This. Mainz were reluctant to release Tuchel from his contract this summer, but maybe during the season (if we're struggling and we make a coaching change) they'll have a change of heart. Maybe if they're struggling we can offer to loan/sell them a player or two to facilitate the deal.

Epitome990 repped this.
  8. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I waffle on Ayhan. I like him, but I'm not sure if he'll end up a CB or holder, and if he'll ever be truly top notch at either spot, Kirchhoff is actually a player I see him baring a lot of similarity to when he matures, and if you want to compete with Bayern and BVB that's just not quite good enough.

I'm a big LeGo fan and have been since I got to watch him and Bochum come to the Alte Forsterei, but he's the long term replacement for Boateng in the linking 8 role between Meyer and the lone holder. Not an option to replace neu/Kirchhoff/Ayhan at the 6.

I have seen far less of the RBs but they also seem to be further away from being ready to take over the role, so waiting for them while Uchida/Howedes hold the fort is a very suboptimal solution and why I really wanted you guys to snag Jung at that price.

9. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ayhan is much more mobile/quick and more skilled with the ball than Kirchoff. Ayhan even played as a number 10 at one point last season. He has the skill to play in the middle of the park. He reminds me more of a young Gündoğan than a young Kirchoff. He's played a lot of defense thus far, but that's mostly because of injuries.

He's an attack minded double pivot player. You're right, you need a defensive presence along side of him.

I think Itter is a season or two away from contributing. Multhaup? I don't know. He actually looked better than Itter in pre-season. I think he could be ready to contribute this spring, possibly next fall. We'll just have to go with what we have.

10. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rumors floating around that Arsenal have activated Huntelaar's buy-out clause. Sounds like BS to me, but if true, we would certainly see a lot more of Avdijaj.

11. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 16 million euro fee would cover any lost revenue from the DFB pokal exit, that's for sure.

12. Schalkoholic

Schalkoholic Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Siegen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
  13. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be a nice piece of businessn at that price!

15. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Unless I misinterpreted Horst Heldt's recent Kicker interview he ruled out a Draxler departure this summer.

16. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Heldt can't rule it out because Draxler has a buy out clause. But Draxler's agent said that Draxler probably won't transfer so I guess it is somewhat of a moot point.

Höwedes put out a statement that he will stay despite very good offers from outside the Bundesliga.

Schalke is apparently close to signing Junior Caicaras from Steaua. He is a rightback.

Heldt also repeatedly said that Schalke is trying to buy Geis from Mainz. I don't think our chances a high but stranger things happened.

If Geis and Caicaras come, Heldt would have addressed out biggest weakness' of the last years. Well, if Caicaras is any good.

17. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, it is official. Hard to believe we could sign him, but thank god we got him.

cortisoljunkie repped this.
  19. Schalkoholic

Schalkoholic Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Siegen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    ...and the next one: Caicara

[​IMG]

20. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    No idea who he is, but 1.72m fullback (central defender)? We're bad enough defending aerial balls with Matip looking clueless in particular.

21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Timon Wellenreuther sent on a 1-year loan to Mallorca. Good chance to feature as their starting keeper for the season. Also a pretty sweet gig and destination, just hope he's able to focus over there. :D

22. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Caicera is a rightback. Don't think it matters much for our arial defending if Uchida or Caicera play there. Höwedes and Matip have shown often enough that they are good at it, doesn't look like Nastasic is much worse, so I wouldn't worry despite Matip's wobbles. The last half season was so bad on so many levels that I wouldn't read too much into this particular problem.

23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    John Guidetti has been mentioned in the rumour mills being linked to Schalke. I think it's worth it based on his interviews and celebrations alone. :D

24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Lots of news going around right now about the department and arrival of a pair of wingers. Farfan is being linked to a move to a club in the Middle East. Apparently they're offering him a contract of over 10 mio per season. With one year remaining on his contract, this is a good chance to cash him on him finally. Meanwhile, Shaqiri is a player that management are interested in. I'm neutral on this, he's a enigmatic talent who's been on and off at times at the club level. Inter want 17 mio for him which is too high right now but there should be room for negotiations.

25. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Johannes Geis' new contract with Schalke which runs thru 2019 will also include a release clause of 30 mio. Meanwhile, Juventus are showing serious interest in Draxler. Considering how they're about to cash in on the sale of Vidal to Bayern, I would only consider entertaining offers of above 20 mio.