Schalke transfer thread

Discussion in 'FC Schalke 04' started by P to the Wee, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Heldt said he rejected Juve's offer for Draxler and won't negotiate anymore. The transfer is dead.

The media reports Juve offered somewhere around 20m for Draxler. Some journalist say it was a bit lower, other say it was a bit higher but 20m looks like a good guess. That is obviously nowhere near a tempting price to sell Draxler.

P to the Wee and cortisoljunkie repped this.
  2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Correct call made by Heldt. Juventus were clearly trying to low-ball through negotiations. The starting offer is an insult. If that's the best they got, then it's time for these cheapos to get lost.

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/schalke/england-wildert-weiter-42049200.bild.html

Bild saying that Southampton sent scouts to the Schalke vs Twente match on the weekend and are preparing a 16 Mio bid for Leon Goretzka. They see him as a possible candidate to succeed Schneiderlin. This rumor is more of on the unlikely to happen side as Heldt has said they're not looking to sell Goretzka. I also think it's too early for him to make the move to the EPL. Especially with his injuries in the past two seasons. He needs to find stability first to regain his form in development.

4. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    I never really understood in what way football in England is an upgrade from football in Germany - aside from better wages. Or how Southampton would be an upgrade from Schalke for that matter :(

Should've done this to them Southampton scouts;

[​IMG]

5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Schalke has stood firm in terms of not letting go of quality talent too early. Heldt also rejected an offer from Tottenham for Leroy Sane earlier this summer. Also with KPB's impending departure, this provides a great opportunity for Goretzka's re-emergence. I could see him forming a great midfield partnership with Geis.

6. Schalkoholic

Schalkoholic Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Siegen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Next to come
    Pierre Emlie Hojbjerg from Munich on loan
    according to Bayern not confirmed by Schalke yet

7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://www.derwesten.de/sport/fussb...ihe-sidney-sam-will-nicht-weg-id11397852.html

Matip will make his decision by late January whether he wants to extend is contract which expires in the summer. Ayhan is to be sent out on loan to get more playing time. Frankfurt, Hamburg, and Augsburg have shown interest. Felipe Santana could also move back home to a club in the Brazilian league if he chooses. Sidney Sam however wants to stay.

Up to 3 new players are expected to arrive in January. Heldt has made an agreement for a grant from the Supervisory Board for an additional budget of 15 million euros for the winter. This also includes additional costs for contract extensions with current players. Höwedes and Neustädter are both working on new deals.

8. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I' am absolutely livid that Heldt hasn't already extended Matip's contract. Just can't undestand how we could even come into a position in which Matip's contract is in danger of running out. It should've been done a year ago at least.

Sam won't leave. He is another Streit, though hopefully without the nastiness. He will sit out the contract and then good riddance.

Santana has been superfluous right from the beginning. Can't leave soon enough.

The most worrying rumour I read, was about our interest in buying Aigner from Frankfurt. He is sooooo average at best, already 28 years old, will cost 5m in fee and who knows how much in salary and more than anything else we need somebody better to lead our offense. Aigner could help if we just needed someone to bolster our ranks and if he wouldn't cost all that much.

9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Agreed, Aigner would be a redundant transfer. He doesn't necessarily bring any additional value or impact that the team is missing. With that total budget amount available, you guys are better off exploring options outside the Bundesliga. Although I'm not exactly a fan of the idea to sign Renato Augusto, who is rumored to go for about 10 Mio. I'd rather sign a younger talent with higher ceiling if that much were to be spent. Appears like management also want Avdijaj to finish the season out on loan before he returns to the club.

10. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Leverkusen's Renato Augusto would be a finde addition, question is if he is anywhere near that level. I doubt it.

Yes, Avdijaj will stay in Graz until the season is finished. I would have liked seeing him in Schalke but he has been injured for a couple of weeks and in general is doing pretty well in Graz. No need to pay for an early return when he will come in a half a year anyway.

11. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Younes Belhanda is a new name that has emerged in transfer circles as an alternative to Renato Augusto. I remember him being a highly touted player few seasons ago when he was with Montpellier. Although he's kinda fell off the radar since moving to Dynamo Kiev. Still only 25 years old, bit of risk involved here but could be a reclamation project to consider.

13. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pretty much everyone fells from the radar once moving to Kiew or Donezk.

Still sounds more appealing than Aigner.

14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Yep, Raffael was the same thing when he moved there. Along with Niko Krancjar, one of my favorite players back in the day. Who has since then thrown his career away. If Belhanda goes for 5-6 Mio, I'd give him a chance.

15. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I doubt you can get him for 5-6m, I'd guess it'll be more up to 10m.

I don't have a problem with spending money if the player is good. What I don't like is spending on players like Aigner. You can need some to bolster your squad, f.e. like Höger for Schalke, but please either develop them yourself or get them for (nearly) free.

16. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know little of what's happened in his time with Kiev, but Belhanda left france as a big time talent who's professionalism was still very much in question. At the very least he was a reknowned partier and difficult player to coach, similar to Hatem Ben Arfa, and I'd heard reasonably credible rumors of more serious off the pitch issues.

If he's motivated and focused, he's a big talent; but he's a player I'd be very nervous about investing any significant money/expectations into...especially for a club who are still trying to get rid of KPB & Sam...and would only welcome to a club I root for if he was being brought in as an understood gamble on a potential wildcard that you can survive not working out.

17. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That doesn't sound too good.

I'm not sure how much stock I'd put in any rumours at the moment. Guess the most "promising" one is about Inler coming. Guess he could stabilize our central midfield but I don't like sitting Goretzka or Geis or Meyer for him.

18. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How has Højbjerg been?

19. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So la la. Hasn't shown much that would prove his hype correct. He is very agressive, very ambitious and powerful but doesn't look special regarding technique or creativity (though he doesn't have deficiencies either). At the moment Geis and especially Goretzka are quite a bit ahead of him in central midfield.

P to the Wee repped this.
  20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Hakim Ziyech from Twente is a quality talent to keep tabs on. Selected as the Eredivisie player of 2015 and for good reason. He's single-handedly carried his team week in and week out. Also has been mentioned as available for a reasonable price due to the dire financial situation his club is currently going through. Only 22 years old, he's a dynamic attacking midfielder who can also cover on both outside wing positions. Does Schalke still have the Fanfreundschaft with Twente? Maybe you guys can work out a deal here. ;)

21. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Would be nice.

Well, Heldt just admitted that he had never heard of Coman before Bayern bought him. I have less and less problems with him leaving.

22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Don't worry, just a few more months of him and then it's the potential countdown to Heidel. Main thing left that Heldt can do in order to save some grace now is spend wisely in his final transfer window. Luckily for you guys, the Aigner rumors have cooled off considerably.

23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    According to Derwesten, Schalke have made a written offer for Renato Augusto. Looks like he's still the first choice target with Belhanda as the second alternative. In other news, HSV are showing interest in Marvin Friedrich. Possibly on a loan move with purchase option. You guys have a surplus of young central defenders so this along with the Ayhan loans make sense. The kids need match practice.

http://www.derwesten.de/sport/fussb...n-angebot-fuer-renato-augusto-id11412468.html
    http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/hsv/lust-auf-schalke-juwel-friedrich-43953758.bild.html

24. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, it should be a good idea but things can change fast in the summer, so I'm a bit worried of losing too many central defenders.

Matip's and Neustädter's contracts are running out. I'm pretty sure Neustädter would resign, if we want him but Matip is totally up in the air. Santana will be gone in the summer if not earlier. Kehrer's contract runs out, too, although he hasn't had any impact so far, he is a major talent. Höwedes hasn't given up on going to a foreign club someday. Nobody knows how fast and how good Nastasic will come back from his injury.

If we loan both Ayhan and Friederich for 1,5 years, our central defence could look pretty thin in the summer. And then do you buy a knew central defender knowing that next year Ayhan and Friederich might be back?

Guess in the end I think both loans would be beneficial despite the uncertainty.

25. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Renato Augusto would definitely be more expierienced one compared to Belhanda. That is one thing we clearly miss.

In the end it comes down to the price.

If there is one attacking player I'd like to see coming to Schalke, it'd be Volland but he won't come.