Scathing Carlos Ruiz Article

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by sidspaceman, Feb 2, 2006.

1. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Whoever wrote that article is a moron.

Who the f*** would believe that Ruiz intentionally missed the Mexico and U.S. games when a bid to the World Cup was on the line. That writer should not be allowed to write anything else in his life. Not even for a web-site.

Carlos Ruiz was targeted by the referees when it comes to those yellow cards.

Who the f*** does this writter think he is. You can question Ruiz's behavior but you cannot question the fact that he wanted to go to the world cup more than anyone in Guatemala.

2. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    It's from Rojomania, what do you expect? :rolleyes:

3. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The guy who runs that site used to post on bigsoccer and he was a huge Ruiz fan. Not sure if this is the same guy.

4. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Yeah I know, one of his threads is still alive. :eek:

5. El Tanque Pezzarossi

Oct 19, 2005
    Canada
    What A Skidrow For Sayin That Ruiz Is Too Ill!

6. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    stop confusing me with your Canadian slang:confused:

skidrow?????

7. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    plain and simple ruiz acts the way he does cause he has no one in the Usa to help displine him . i assume ruiz lives by himself in the USA.

as far as his yellow cards in the world cup it is questionable, but i believe he wanted to play every game and he poured his all when given the chance 05 was a wierd year for Ruiz schedule wise, i want to see a more grown up ruiz and pro out there.

Machon passed the torch to ruiz and now its time for Ruiz to pass the torch soon to the Next best thing from Guatemala

[​IMG]

8. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

ruiz is way better than cerritos ever was,in the MLS and International play

9. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Still Ruiz isnt gonna improve ..... hopefully he wont become a bench player in the MLS.

10. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    never That!!! he is proably terribly out of shape but he will return to amazing form, i think if he took his offseason a litlle bit more
    he would improve to amazing levels, but he chooses not to

11. El Tanque Pezzarossi

Oct 19, 2005
    Canada
    cdn slang funny

Yah anyways Ruiz is gonna get better man and take over tha mls

12. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    All im saying is that these MLS coaches rather put in a young american rising talent than a Foreign Player...... after all the MLS is an American League and coaches are paid to provide new American Talent.

13. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    You're kidding right? Ruiz has been the leading goal scorer in the league one (maybe two?) times in the last four years. He's won an MLS Cup. He's potentially going to be among the biggest 10 contracts in the league with presumably a large transfer fee being paid to Municipal by MLS. They don't sign a player with that pedigree, proven success and reward him with a large contract just to park him on the bench behind a marginally effective second year forward in Abe Thompson.

Catracho, we understand that you love Honduran players, that your proud of Suazo et al, and that you're skeptical of Ruiz because of the pseudo-rivalry with Guatemala as another Central American selection, but that statement is plain silly.

14. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    umm Players like Eddie Gaven and Eddie Johnson are really becoming rising talents ... what makes u think they wont them over Ruiz??? Forget the Rivalry, MLS is just there to provide AMERICAN talent not foreign talent. As soon as Ruiz falls out of favor hes gonna be replace by some youngster who could be the next Brian Mcbride. I should have better is Ruiz left MLS for Europe, i dont know maybe the guy is afraid of what awaits in Europe.

15. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I agree with him abe thompson is no where near the level of Physicalness of ruiz Internationally or in the MLS, Abe thompson is years from replacing ruiz , and doesn't have the scorer hunger or close to showing any improvement , hype, or Promise like of a eddie johnson, IMHO ruiz is still better than eddie johnson when it comes to scoring goals and beating defenders and making space for an attack, and yes aerial scoring ruiz scored some excellent headers last year and including his one time back heel strike WOW!!

16. Toronto Papi

Toronto Papi New Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Isn't Skid Row a ghetto area in L.A. :confused:

And it's not Canadian slang... it's Montreal slang :D

17. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Ahhh guatemalan-candians i will never understand you people:cool:

18. el_zacatecano

el_zacatecano New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    Clovis, Ca.
    Who the hell is Carlos Ruiz? :confused:

19. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    They don't make them very bright in Zacatecas.

20. KingLouie

KingLouie New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Club:
    Club América
    Carlos Ruiz is a very talented forward who has played (and dived) his best soccer in MLS. Playing for the likes of the L.A. Gaylaxy and F.C. DallASS, beating world class defenders such as Mike Petke, C.J. Brown and Ryan Suarez for the past couple of years.

Kidding aside he is very talented but will probably never fully realize that potential if he stays on this side of the world...or changes his attitude.

21. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i think that guy was only kidding, Fc dallas is playing Monterry, it will be interesting to see what Ruiz will do , considering that ruiz scored against chivas de guadalajara defenders i guess he isn't that good???

22. el_zacatecano

el_zacatecano New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    Clovis, Ca.
    Ah, now I know who he is. One day I was flipping through the channels bored out of my wits, when I happened to land on some channel that was showing the U.S vs Guate game. While I watched one thing stood out in particular. There was this one guy who seemed to have some sort of disease that affected his equilibrium. The poor guy couldnt stay on his two feet. He was constantly on the floor rolling around in what appeared to be excruciating pain. However, the odd thing was that as soon as the ref didnt buy his antics, he would quickly get on his feet crying about how that was such a blatant foul.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up for me.

23. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Foreign Players that raised their profile in MLS and went to Europe instead of hanging out in Guatamalean Hooters:
    Damani Ralph
    Simon Elliot
    Stern John
    Ryan Nelson

Please explain the Metrostar situation of Guevara or Djorkaeff over Gaven, or how Cienfuegos was always on the pitch. I do remember one Peter Nowak making an impact on the league. Is New England's Joseph a mirage or an actual player?

I think DCatracho17 has a Pando Galaxy jersey that has gathered dust. :D