Scarf Update

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by PCC from DC, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Remember the ScarfGate 2002?

Just wanted to give the United ticket office their due.

I wrote them an email in December taking them to task for the discrepancy between their published advertisements promising a scarf for each season ticket ordered and their practice many posted about here of sending only one scarf per order.

I got a mea culpa call from a DCU rep yesterday. Said it was all their fault--they'd be sending out a scarf per ticket. I assured him the team wasn't ever going to lose my support over a scarf--but that this kind of mixup sure didn't play well with their most fervent supporters,

Anyway, I hope everyone who got the same story a month ago about only one scarf per order gets similar treatment.

And way to go DCU--it was standup of you to correct the problem and then give me a call.

2. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    They were quick to get me my second scarf, too, once notified of the problem (despite their initial insistence that they were only sending one scarf per order).

The DCU staff has always been great to me (berry berry good to me) - which is apparently not the case with every MLS ticket office.

3. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    DITTO!

4. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I got my second scarf right after Christmas.

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Okay, everybodys happy with their scarves. Now when the ************ can I get the new away jersey?

6. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    There's one way to hurry this thing along, and you know what it is.....

MORE COWBELL!!!
    [​IMG]

:D

7. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a friend who's brother works for the office and he told me that if they sell em, it wont be for a while... they dont even have the team blanks in yet....

8. Darth_Norteno

Darth_Norteno New Member

bwahahahahaha at Lowecifer.

9. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Actually, I got my second scarf promptly before Christmas. Good work from DC United. Oddly at the time but now makes much more sense, I got a DC United emblazoned cowbell with it...

;) :D