Scarf Design - Chet North

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by AndyMead, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Again, not true exactly.

Andy, check your PMs. I think you've been given some interesting half-answers on the whole situation with this scarf.

2. KCSuSporter

KCSuSporter New Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I've been watching this with interest. I *really* like the use of the four logos on the edges of the scarf... It's far and away the most the compelling part of this for me. I suspect the semi-casual fan might think likewise. Personlly, I don't know that I'm that crazy about owning a "Chet North" scarf; the logos are what rock. That said, I'll buy one of the Chet North versions, solely for the logos.

If there were a scarf with the four logos, and with "Kansas City" on one side (with relevant subtitles, e.g., "Tradition. Honor. Loyalty." etc... and "Until I Die" on the other, that would be a little more marketable, IMHO.

Best of luck in getting something worked out between all the involved parties.

3. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Kind of in the same boat, no disrespect to Chet and his service to the team but something with all the logos and Kansas City would pretty well rock ....

4. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This +1 :D

5. socjoc

socjoc Member

Jun 7, 2005
    ToolBox
    do a one-off for chet and move on.

6. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if there's enough interest (and I am sure there is) and assuming the front office isn't already working on one (I would be shocked if they aren't) we could always design a new Supporter scarf that encompasses all 4 of our team logos. As long as we go through a league approved supplier, it can be done.

caveat: this is definitely not tossed out to take away from the idea of a Chet North scarf....I will be at the front of the line to buy one, with or without the 4 logos!!

7. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Without wanting to sound all WC I think they want to step away from the old identity as much as possible .... why rebrand to retain the old id .... I doubt we'll see anything official soon. Of course Merlin may be able to confirm or deny.

8. Wildcatter

Wildcatter Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Blast from the past... I know a Chet North Scarf was made. I am trying to find someone who has one. I am looking to buy one if anyone knows where I can get one.