Scandinavian/Nordic non-football thread

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by Ceres, Apr 2, 2011.

1. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    #601 vifvaf, Jul 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2020

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  2. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  3. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  4. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    A Swede in Norway

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  5. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Great to see so many Danes in the mountains in Norway. I know many Norwegians have visited Denmark the last mounth . During our visit in Hemsedal we met several Poles and Danes. On our way back home we saw several German and Dutch cars and motorhomes traveling for the mountains. Hoping for the borders to Sweden to open with out qurarentine before the vacation is over.

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  6. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  7. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  8. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Gordon Ramsy Traditional Norwegian cuisine

Fermented Fish Norwegain style.

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  9. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Hunting season is starting

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  10. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  11. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Riots in Oslo yesterday after a protest to stop Islamization of Norway (SIAN)
    Ended with a person ripping the Koran a part

Same in Sweden only bigger riots
    They burned the Koran in Sweden

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  12. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Was just on a MC weekend a week ago. Epic to drive around this country on two wheels and just feel the elements .

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  13. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  14. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  15. jjkoggan

jjkoggan Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Et vakkert land! Ja vi elsker... Litt rart at det finnes så mange norsk amerikanere i North Dakota, en delstat uten fjell og hav.

vifvaf repped this.
  16. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    fishing in Norway

Fishing in Sweden

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  17. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Connecting to the simple ways

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  18. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Blime dance/song 2020 spreads

#SayHi

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  19. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    The Islam debate is going strong these days, after the teacher was decapitated in Paris.
    Norwegians education minister stated that Norwegian teachers stand free to show the Muhammed cartoons in their class.
    There was a good debate on the national State Channel (NRK) Where ,Islamic Council Norway , Einar Gelius (Priest ) , Education minister , Ex muslims of Norway) and Minotenk (A Group supporting minorities, fighting racism and exclusion)
    An importante Point was to dare to take the debate. France and Demnark was mentioned with their clare message from their gouvernments.

How is the debate in Denmark and Sweden ?

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  20. marley g

marley g New Member

Santos FC
    United States
    Oct 25, 2020
    ea$T$1de k.i.1.1.a.z.
    Lets All Go To FC Copenhagen Matches

[​IMG]

21. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I'm an AGF Aarhus fan (the oldest top-flight club outside the British isles) and not FCK, but I respect your choice, because hey are good at what they do.

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  22. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Oops... sorry !

The world's largest container shipping company, both by fleet size and cargo capacity, Danish Maersk Group, unfortunately by accident run over and cut a Greek navy ship in half with, according to Maersk and Danish media no real damage to the container ship. So I guess the Maersk slogan apparently now is >we brake for nobody< ... The Greek media seem to blame Portugal and not Denmark, because the ship was not flying a Danish flag (most surely because of some taxation issues), but really we are at fault and should be blamed.

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  23. jjkoggan

jjkoggan Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Always an interesting debate in scandinavia, especially since atheism is so widespread and so many think that religion is an abomination at the same time that you are taught to respect and have sympathy for other cultures, especially the poor and oppressed, but also to believe in free speech.

A little different conversation happens in the USA, where religious freedom and diversity has historically been seen as just as important as free speech. It has been said that many Scandinavians want freedom FROM religion, but americans are more concerned with freedom OF religion. This fundamental difference fundamentally affects our view of each other and is the source of many negative american stereotypes.

IFKgötet1 and vifvaf repped this.
  24. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Yes atheism is widespread across Scandinavia. And religion is probably seen as less essential to society like you say. Still i find religious freedom to be seen as very important to most people. Religious freedom to me, means freedom to believe in what you want. Including atheism.

Latest case of religion/racism in Norway is Blackface. A christmas series on TV made headlines when a man with colored skinn was offended by one of the characters that was played by a white man . The character was a colored person, so the actor used paint, a wig and a loose nose when playing ther character. The channel broadcasting "Nissene over skog og hei" pulled the series in fear of reactions from the Black face movment. The funny thing was that it had the opposite effect. People of color, white people, politicians and others was sick off the violation hysteria. In the end the conclusion was that we can not let every person that can feel hurt or any form of violation control our community. So the channel put the show back on the screen after a few days.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IFKgötet1 repped this.
  25. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    sometimes I am so confused by you Scandinavians then again I'm American so I shouldn't be so quick to judge. Norwegians know enough about American and British culture to know blackface is not acceptable and incredibly controversial. Though, I will say only one series did blackface well in the past decade but it was satire and pointing it out its usage as stupid.

IFKgötet1 repped this.