SBFC v. ATL 4/16 2011

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by Mookie141, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Alright here's this week's game thread. Come right in and get your SBFC on!

2. nightofrefs

nightofrefs Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Really hoping the crowd is bigger, the game stays pretty* and we win, of course.

* Allwhitekit.com's description.

3. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No score after 25 minutes

Good to see that O'Reilly starting!

Fletcher did not start tonight; she has/had an ankle problem (since the trip to Turkey I believe), and came out of Sunday's game limping.

Adriana was not available for the game, I wonder if she is even in the country yet.

4. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Halftime- no score

The game would be at least delayed if it was being held in New Jersey. The Trenton Thunder (double A) also postponed their game tonight.

5. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I've been hearing that the weather is bad up that way too. They called the Philly v. Magicjack match off. Thanks for the updates and stay safe.

6. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    atl 1 blue 0 78th min

7. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Finishing sounds not up to par. I'm sure sure how I feel about only having three defenders either.

8. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    atl 1 feeling blue 0 final

blue is officially the 6th best team in the league.

i guess no one got the week's score correct after this one.

9. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The match was dominated by SBFC just an unlucky roll in the net and bad finishing that kept the result from being different. Nothing to run around and wave our hands in the air over.

10. Crazy Old Lady

Crazy Old Lady New Member

May 22, 2003
    just outside Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Come on Mookie.I guess we weren't attending the same game there was no domination by SBFC. The Beat were a totally different team to the one seen last week and y'all totally underestimated them. The game was back and forth very entertaining and Alli Lipsher in goal played a blinder of a game.What you call an unlucky roll was a shot your goalie muffed and it deserved to cross the line.You are right about SBFC finishing not upto par but the shots on goal were kept out by Alli and our Defence.So give credit where it's due and remember that even if we don't win another game we beat you.Actually on what I saw tonight the Beat could be the biggest surprise of the Season

11. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    SBFC was controlling the possession. It's funny that everyone but you are reporting so. We didn't underestimate anyone and the Beat is still not a top threat in the league. The keeper miffed it and it went across the line. That was very unlucky. Very Robert Green esque. If you were that good you would have netted more that that flub goal.

You may be excited that you got one over on it but remember you have to play us again. I wouldn't get too used of smelling myself.

12. DemitriMaximoffX

Aug 19, 2006
    Adriana better get to Jersey post-haste if tonight's finishing was any indication. Coming to Atlanta with one attacking sub wasn't exactly Gabarra's greatest moment either.

13. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    there goes my idea that atlanta would go 0 for the season.

14. Crazy Old Lady

Crazy Old Lady New Member

May 22, 2003
    just outside Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Shame, shame on you.You know how brilliant Matchtracker is and how it's facts are always right. Come on Give credit to the Little Engine that Did and move on. No-one is putting your Team down.It was a good game, credit to both sides for making it entertaining. This was the sort of game that promotes Womens Soccer and isn't that what we all want.XOXOXO

15. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I didn't look at match tracker I viewed a chat from a person who was at the match. I also read both write ups and checked the box scores. All shows SBFC had far more posession and tons of chances. That's how your keeper made 11 saves. That means 11 shots were made on goal by SBFC.

I give credit to teams that showed up and played hard all match and earned their goals. It wasn't like the Beat really did that. They got a a goal on a keeper's mistake and then was forced to play defense the most of the match. Nothing spectacular about that.

16. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  17. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
  18. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    There were some who questioned it. I know Jeff K and the SBFC defender who thought she cleared the ball before it crossed the line. Unfortunately it seems like one of those "left up to the refs" type deals. I would have spoken on it but I already had gotten enough crap for saying that the goal was miffed and therefore a weak goal not worth bragging about.