SBA Loans Soccer Clubs

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by ppierce34, Apr 9, 2020.

1. ppierce34

ppierce34 Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Are clubs eligible for these SBA Loans? Seems like some are double dipping if they are charging fees for Spring while collecting these SBAs no?

2. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Would love too see them get caught.

3. mwulf67

mwulf67 Member+

Sep 24, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Get caught doing what? This SBA loans have very loosey goosey minimal requirements…lots for businesses are going to take advantage of them that probably don’t really need to…nothing legal in that…unethical perhaps (ymmv)…

4. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Clubs are eligible. Imagine most were anticipating collecting Spring registration fees and instead are giving refunds.

5. TheKraken

TheKraken Member

United States
    Jun 21, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our club front loads spring fees in the fall. You basically pay monthly July through December and have no payments during spring season. I haven't heard a peep about giving refunds.

6. CornfieldSoccer

Aug 22, 2013
    Clubs that host tournaments are also missing that revenue. The spring tournament at my son's club generates 6-8 percent, give or take and depending on the year, of the club's annual revenue.

7. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I’m also worried about the financial fallout for our local “scholarship” organizations that provide financial aid for, not only soccer, but all youth sports in the area. Many have had to cancel large fundraising events. I was reading an article that said 25-30% of clubs could go under.

8. CornfieldSoccer

Aug 22, 2013
    Good point. Within clubs themselves, scholarship money would be one of the first places to look to make cuts (for those in a bad-but-not-catastrophic situation). Rec programs, as I know of them, are run on shoestring budgets, too. How healthy was your local park district going into this?

In the travel baseball/softball world, I wonder about the small businesses that cater to them (batting cages, indoor hitting facilities, ...) and what's ahead for them.