Say what happened to Barca's shirt sponsor

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Roscoe P Coldchain, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Roscoe P Coldchain

Sep 14, 2004
    Westside St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey all, just wondering where did our Beijing 2008 shirt sponsor go to. It's not that I want them to be there, but I thought they were supposed to be on the shirt. Maybe I missed something. Could someone cule (clue) me in? :D Thank ya now...Roscoe!

2. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The real story.....Laporta wanted it but ********** the bed when ironing out the details of the deal.......
    The "story" from Barca, they opted against it and feel a more lucrative deal could be had from a "prestigious" sponsor.
    The real deal, most of us are happy the shirt is still a virgin. The team makes enough revenue as it is that 25 million will not make or break the squad every season. Dont get me wrong, the money would help but when you have a youth development like the one in place, spending rediculous amounts of cash on players isnt necessary. Plus Barca is a place where people want to play.

3. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree 100% that we're all glad the shirt still has no sponsor. I hope that never ever changes. But, if the management went with a sponsor for a few years until the debt is paid off, I would understand the logic.

They could always go back to no sponsor when they got the bills paid.

As it is, we seem to be doing just fine without the money.

4. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I wish Nike would just be the main Sponcer.