saw stadium drawings

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got back from the movie screening where they had some of the stadium drawings. I also talked to Peter Wilt.
    A few observations. Basically it shows what Peter has already revealed. The one sideline will be only a few inches off the ground with a second level above and behind the lower level,it does not overhang the lower level like the east 200 level at SF.
    There will be 48 suites on the other sideline, which is more than at HDC.
    Both sidelines have roofs. The benches will be built into the wall on the suite side. Also there will be a player entrance on the suite side.
    The concert stage side will have 6 rows of seats on either side of the stage. A jumbotron will hang down from the roof over the stage.
    One drawing of the outside really shows the red brick very well.
    They will have even more drawings at the groundbreaking ceremony.

2. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    so...jealous :(

3. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sounds awesome. I'm excited about it and I'm not even a Fire fan or live anywhere near Chicago. The Fire fans deserve a good soccer stadium and the design sounds neat--especially the one sideline coming down to pitch level.

4. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    it's actually like that on all 4 sides, just set back a bit where the benches are inset and the player tunnel is at midfield.

I saw a percentage of seats that are covered and I forget what it was but it's something like 70-75% including both sidelines and the Stage End. Harlem End is only seating that is completely open-air. Lots 'n lots of brick in the Main Stand.

5. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    What he said! :)

Sounds like your going to soon have the best stadium in all of the MLS.

If any fans deserve such a stadium it is you Fire fans!

6. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    couldn't agree more... except for my beloved dc united brethren. ;)

seriously, though. congratulations on your new stadium guys. hope we in dc aren't far behind.

7. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where is S8 looking to setup?

8. flmls

flmls New Member

So sweet, I can't wait to make a pilgrimage to all the new stadiums. congrats :) at least one new york team will have a stadium done that I can go to...The Rhino's hehe. Anyway, can't wait!

9. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peter said it would be on the Harlem end(north side) right behind the goal.
    The stadium is actually on a slight angle not absolute true north and south.It runs slightly northeast to southwest.

10. ripmstr

ripmstr New Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Orlando Fl
    I can not wait to see the drawings.

It may have been brought up but what will be the total capacity in seats (excluding suites)?

Ticket prices?

11. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe the starting capacity will be 20,000, don't know if that includes suites.

I hope the prices will be the same but no official announcement on that yet.

12. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    Re: Seating Configuration/Roof

OK, if the upper deck is located above/behind the lower deck, wouldn't that cause some "evaporation" of sound upwards? In addition, wouldn't that cause some inherent (sp.) sucktitude for the "200-level" seats?

My understanding is that stadia that have upper decks that overhang the lower tend to be more intimate, and more importantly, louder. [As in the old Chicago Stadium] By contrast, I had thought that stadia that have the upper deck above/behind the lower deck tend to be less intimate and less sonorous. [As in the U.C.]

Do you have the sense as to whether the "Firehouse's" seating configuration is more like the U.C., or more like the Chicago Stadium?

[subquestion]

Does the roof "cover" all of the seats, [all, save the Harlem End] or only some of the seats?

Thanks...

13. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, although in the meantime, they can't watch the White Sox at SF like we'll be able to at RFK.
    :(

14. gherter

gherter Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Leesburg, Virginia
    Awesome to see the new stadia turning out so nice. It will only be a few more year until we will start to see "Stadiums of MLS" posters like they have for baseball. :)

15. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

YOU'RE WELCOME. HOW DO YOU DO BOLD LETTERING. I'M COMPUTER ILLITERATE.

16. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL

bold click reply to my post and you will be able to see how to do bold tags.

it's basicall type yourtext[/ b] without the spaces after the slash and before the b in the last tag.

17. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

BOLD

thanks

18. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road

Alternatively, you could copy/paste the "quote" codes to splice your answers to my questions as well..

Thanks again for the info.

19. budalabutt

budalabutt Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi-town
    Right in front of the strip club I am opening up in the stadium for the post game parties.

20. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    Steve,

don't know if your car compactor story has been discussed here, but i thought you came across as a very good victim of the big bad city machine on the ABC news last week. Did you get satisfaction yet?

peter

PS The roof will cover all the seats on the east side, all the seats directly in front of the stage on the south end, all of the upper level seats on the west side and half of the lower level seats on the west end. The first ten rows or so on the west and the entire north end will not be covered.

21. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    If you need a talent agent, I can be your man. :)

22. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    OOOH!
    Somebody should sig it -

Quig just wrote "I can be your man" to Steve.

Gettin steamy in here.

23. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Somehow I don't believe that...especially after more than 6k posts. I found this post to be intentionally homorous :)

24. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999
    This is the best feature I have heard, yet.

25. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    I would agree it is one of the best. They definitely took into consideration a lot of the concerns/advice fans had given them from many outlets. It really shows in the general plan of the stadium, though I reserve judgement on the effect it will have on how the seating/setup in the Harlem End will be for Section 8.