Saw Juskowiak train today

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Calcio#20, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Calcio#20

Calcio#20 New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    N.J
    Hey all, went down to the open training session in lawrencville today.Good time well worth the $5 bucks.Jusko looks like he might be a load to handle.He has good size and seems to have a presence out there.I was able to take great photos and pretty much go and talk to whoever.Johnny Walker seemed very pleased about the new Pole when I asked him.
    Also spoke to a Metro Rep about the new Stadium and he seemed very confident about it happening!
    Good day in all.

Forza Metro !!!!

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I remember him from the Sporting CP days, his a big boy , hard to handle

3. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    Scary description of a forward

[​IMG]

4. Calcio#20

Calcio#20 New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    N.J
    Dont think BB pushed them to hard today.It seemed to be a show and tell for the local youth soccer teams.God to many kids again, but hey I assume its the future fans.

5. psycho killer

psycho killer New Member

May 26, 2003
    NJ
    Did you hear any word on whether Juskoviak will start this weekend?

6. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY

what did you really expect to hear from a team employee??

7. broken paste

broken paste New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    englewood
    they charge you $5 to watch them train???

robbery.

8. metro1026

metro1026 New Member

Jan 21, 1999
    Swamps of Jersey
    If this guy turns out to be a decent threat up top, this may take some pressure off Mathis and Guevara, which Woly and Magee haven't been able to do. This might work to open things up in the offence once everyone stars clicking. Now we have a great set up man, a great forward in Mathis, and a big threat in the box in Juskowiak.

9. studsup

studsup New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Garden State, born N
    I just hope the guy can shoot. If he can just put a few in on the way to the playoffs, we'll be in much better shape. And maybe, maybe he and Guvera can click. That'd be nice.

Seems, and I say seems cuz there's no way to know, like Clint tracks back and plays in the midfield because he can't figure out what Guevara is doing. I can never tell whether he's gonna pass or run around in circles toward his own side of the field. Unpredictability is great in play making, but your own team has to be in on it.

Our midfield is crowded confusion with like three center mids trying to start stuff and all of it right up the middle.

If J can play forward (the direction), create space and someone, please anyone go wide and STAY wide... well that'd be nice to see.

10. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, i really wouldn't blame this on Guevara, because i've noticed that Clint does/did the same thing for the NATS when he plays forward there. That's just the way he plays. i think that if you want him on your team, that's just something that you have to get used to putting up with from him.

11. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    If Clint drops back in midfield -- and sucks a defender with him -- that could leave an opening for Juskowiak to exploit -- something neither Wolyniak or anyone else has been able to do, aside from a lucky break now and then.

And if the D keys on Jusk, that could leave Clint open to run in with the ball, once he gets it.

Funny how real threats produce real threats -- at least on paper.

12. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Yea, that's what will hopefully happen. I mean, basically what's being going until now, is that people force the ball over to Wolyniec. Problem is he can't do anything with the ball, when there is a defender in front of him.

Who knows. All I know, is that hopefully Jusco will give us that extra push, that we are lacking right now. If anything, he will be it, because of Bob's amazing history of internationals. Look at all the players that went through Chicago, everyone made an impact. The only hole on that tradition, is Moreno. however, he had big questions when he came to New York, and we got him mostly to get Pope.

13. phills

phills Member

Nov 24, 1999
    everytime one turns around metros, dc and chicago are always getting new players throughout the season.. what happen to the confidence of the players you have had from the beginning of the season?? Seems like arena's boys and area get what they want!! Now Is this new guy is going to take you to the top of your league. what happen to the two argentines. are they playing?

14. Calcio#20

Calcio#20 New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    N.J
    Why yes I did!!
    And your point

15. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    1. "and area" ?? The only thing intelligable about this sentence are the double slammers bringing up the rear.

BB isn't getting what he wants, since NicSak is still the Metro GM. Not an ideal situation for any coach.

2. The new guy is a replacement for an old guy (relatively speaking) who's out the rest of the season with an aching back. Teams are allowed to do that, and Timmy's departure left us some cap room, so we can offer this new old guy a decent paycheck. Besides, New York is the only place outside Krakow and Chicago where he find really good pirogi.

3. The Argentine guys are a pair of young'ns from Boca's reserves. They get to play sometimes, but they are really here to learn English and earn associate degrees in computer science. Boca owes us.

Honest injun. You believe me, don't you? Good.
    Now, here's your head, what's your hurry? Bu-bye.

16. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    Obviously, you've never been to Wallington.

17. metrostuds

metrostuds New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    NYNY
    imagine

imagine this

jusco magge

mathis

bart rico

williams
    lisi

jolley zadie