SAVE THE DATE: SEPT. 5 - Q & A with RAY HUDSON

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by ZackDCU, Sep 1, 2002.

1. ZackDCU

ZackDCU New Member

Sep 28, 2001
    I am sending this notice out now even though we have not finalized a location. I thought the (somewhat) advance notice would be better than waiting until we are back in the office on Tuesday.

Similar to what was scheduled pre-season, we will be getting together (informally) in a local D.C. bar or restaurant to give you all a chance to ask Ray some of the questions that we have seen posted here during the course of the season. This was Ray's idea (actually he wanted to do it a little while back but we had a small distraction known as Gazza that got in the way) and he really does want to answer your questions (he would especially like to speak to those who have been the most critical this year so I urge you to come out if you can).

The date is this Thursday, September 5th at 6:30pm. We will plan to be there until at least 8pm if not longer. As soon as I have confirmation on the location I will post a new thread with the info.

I imagine I don't need to ask but just in case can we make this thread "sticky".

Thanks,
    Stephen

2. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    Damn..

I'm usually out of town on business on Thursday nights (except when United has a home game)..

I've been hypercritical of Hudson at times this season and would like to ask a few questions..

Can we do this by proxy?

3. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Damn, I start school that night......Can I do a cell phone question? Kinda like callin in to a radio station?

Either way, great idea Mr. Zack! Thanks for once again thinking of us fans!

4. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    ... stuck ...

And, yes, what about a couple of questions by proxy? There are quite a few of us DC United supporters "abroad".

5. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Yeah and a few more that can't exactly get into bars yet.

Anyone on here have a Fake-ID hook up? I know there must be someone...just gimme a PM about it thanks.

6. Gunnersaurus

Gunnersaurus Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Jurassic Period
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    To what ever in the world could Mr. Zack be referring?

-G. Rex

7. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Does this mean Ray reads or maybe even posts on BigSoccer? Hmmm...
    Anyways, I'm there. Thanks Mr. Zack, It never ceases to amaze me what our front office and now coaching staff do for their fans. I for one appreciate it tremendously.....Chico

8. RMDad

RMDad New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Fredericksburg, Va.
    Great of Ray to want to communicate so closely with us. I am starting a new job this week, so unfortunately won't make it, BUMMER!

9. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    I have my rehearsal dinner that night. I don't think my fiancee would mind a few extra guests at the restaurant :)

10. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    Someone buy Ray a Mai Tai and ask if DC can move preseason to Hawaii.

11. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This will be at l'Auberge Chez Francois? Ray's treat, you say? ;)

I'll be there, even if it's the Dew Drop Inn! Thanks SZ and DC United.

Winoman

12. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8
    Ray promised to buy us all a beer if we did not score during the KC? game. I except my beer.

Seriously, this is a great idea and a good move by ray. Just keep Tom away when the why did Etch and Moreno take the PK's question gets asked.

13. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8
    Just a suggestion but it would be great if this event was at a location suited to show and view the scum v. burn game. We need to keep track of the competition.

14. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D

GM

15. ZackDCU

ZackDCU New Member

Sep 28, 2001
    Still sorting out a location but we will certainly try to get one that will be showing the game that night.

I will be happy to take your questions here and ask them on behalf of those unable to attend. I'll then post Ray's responses (albeit in abbreviated form).

I hope to have the location finalized by end of day.

16. chayes

chayes New Member

Feb 29, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    Will you be using the "f--- s---" format to quote Ray, or just the Watergate-esque "[expletive deleted]"?

17. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Will there be any way to archive this and put it up on the DC website? Seems like that'd be a lot easier for you, Mr. Zack in terms of posting Ray's replies for everyone who can't make it for various reasons. It would also make it easy for us to access later on for future reference.

18. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    I prefer the more modern "[radio edit]" format. Gives the quote a kind of hip-hop sensibility.

19. ZackDCU

ZackDCU New Member

Sep 28, 2001
    Location Confirmed

This has been posted as a separate thread but just to be safe:

We have confirmed the following location for the
    Q & A with Ray. We will meet at the Capital Lounge (229 Pennsylvania Avenue - 202-547-2098)on their back patio at 6:30pm. If the weather is lousy we will move inside but it will be a little less private at that point. I hope weather will not be an issue. Again, this is meant to be a very informal event. It has not been advertised outside of Big Soccer and the Screaming Eagles. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Stephen

20. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What back patio?? Though I've been to Capitol Lounge many times I've never seen a back patio (doesn't mean it doesn't exist). So how does one get to it?

GM

21. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Is there an age restriction to get to the patio?

22. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh you suburbanites, that's city talk for the alley behind the place (bring a lighter to keep the rats away!) But seriously, I can't for the life of me remember a patio either unless it's an upstairs deck?
    Well, I guess folks will find out on Thurs.

K

23. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    That's because you're usually looking under the table...

Dave

24. nick

nick Member+

Nov 23, 1998
    Potomac Falls, Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zack,

Here's a question for Ray.

Whether United makes the playoffs or not, I'm sure Ray will be looking for help up front with a new striker. Other than the obvious answer of someone who can hit the net, what type of forward would suit Ray's needs?

Thanks, Nick

25. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    Can't make it...but I appreciate that you all are doing this, and doing it in my neck of the woods.

A question for others to ask Ray: Does he have a contingency plan for if/when Olsen departs for Engerland?

Second question: Is he preparing for the draft? What plan does he have to improve on our previous one(s)?

Third question for management: If the Stadium Authority invests $15 to $20 million of their own in a new Soccer Stadium (which they will expect back in time with a handsome return), how can any partnership deal be a good one for AEG?

Tim