Saudi vs Syria (Friendly)[R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Saudi Bill, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Saudi Bill

Saudi Bill New Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    The match will start after 10 minutes or so, this friendly will be used in preparing the team for the Asian CUP Qs.

I think syria will upset the *new* saudi team.

2. Saudi Bill

Saudi Bill New Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    The match ended in a draw, we played good in the first half and scored a goal by Yossry AlBasha, in the second half the famous saudi breakdown happend after a few changed to the players in the MF. Sytia owned the second half and could have scored 3 more goals if their strikers did not waste the 1 on 1 encounters with the saudi goal keeper.

The coach tride a lot of new players. I think or defence needs a lot of work, the best line in the saudi team now is the MF, then he defence then the offense where we only have Yossry, and the explosive Jaman (mainly a dud).

3. Fire_Star

Fire_Star New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    something is wrong there with the team selections!!
    i don't know why khamis owairan is back! of course omar ghamdi everybody is wondering why is he in the team .. even in his club they r wondering!!
    for the offense i think it will improve after the olympic qualifiers r over with the return of saleh bashir and majrashi (if he keeps the same form he showed against singapore)

4. Saudi Bill

Saudi Bill New Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    I just hope we can find some one better than majrashi for the future of the saudi offense. His performance against Singapore in the olympic team is not a real measure.
    He has speed and skill, but his small size is not helping him(abdullah sheehan comes to mind :) ).

5. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    SB,

I think there's some healthy competition in the striker's position, which is a welcome change from recent history. Height is not a problem, Owen isn't tall. If Naji can cut it in a big test, then I have no problem him becoming no1 choice.