Alert: Saudi Professional League -2016-17

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by al ittihady, Jul 12, 2016.

1. adelo

adelo Member

May 9, 2007
    Mother of Pigeons
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Yeah, the rule was changed around 2 years ago after so many countries abused the previous 2 year rule loophole.
    It is strange how badly misinformed the Saudi sports media is. I mean these journalist/pundits are on TV and radio 24 hours and all they talk about is sport. But when the topic of Omar Al Somah naturalization comes up, the discussion is on that decision's merits. The discussion is moot, he is not eligible!
    Or maybe they just want to fill time.

2. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is pretty much it. They like to have cheap "fights" and "controversial" guests on their shows to attract the audience. One can live with that but when the exclusive broadcaster of the league follows the same pathetic path and start their half-time and post-game analysis by showing the ref's controversial decisions, not the match's highlights i.e. goals and scoring chances like how it's done everywhere around the world, then you know the quality content in media is quite rare. :D

3. adelo

adelo Member

May 9, 2007
    Mother of Pigeons
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    totally agree. its like the whole purpose of watching the match is to count referee mistakes!

4. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ramon Diaz new coach for Hilal..

5. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Sami masterminds another big victory . Beats Ittihad 1-0

Other Results -
    Tawoon 0-0 Fateh
    Khaleej 1-6 Hilal
    Ettifaq 1-3 Wehda
    Baten 1-1 Qadsiyah
    Raed 1-0 Faysaly
    Nasser 1-0 Ahli

6. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Lucky victory for Shabab, it was an off sided goal

7. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ittihad smashes Hilal 2-0.
    To be frank, I thought Hilal will run over Ittihad considering our defence and how Hilal were free scoring in the last 3 games. It was happening till first 20 minutes when Hilal missed couple of chances, Ittihad slowly clawed back and controlled the game. Fahd Muwallad was tormenting for Hilal defence.
    But I think Hilal administration too made mistake by handling Ramon Diaz the very first game against their rivals where as I would prefer to continue with the interim coach and handover after the big match..

8. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hilal started well but then lost control of the match entirely and overall deserved to lose considering the quality of the team and the match being played at home vs. a very young Ittihad side.

As for Ramon, maybe he should've took over the team after Itti's game but to be honest there aren't many things that could be done differently. The starting lineup was logical one and all the players who played well in the recent weeks were on the pitch, and I don't think he could've made different substations, unless it's extreme ones ( for example taking Eduardo or Alruwaili/Alkhaibari out early), but then we will hear everyone mocking the club for bringing someone who has no clue about footballl etc...

9. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So Nassr, Shabab, and Ahli won their games. The league looks exciting this season. It can only be ruined by these multiple long breaks we tend to love more than anything.

10. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I would love to watch Ahli without Somah. This guy is carrying Ahli on his shoulders..

11. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's safe to say he is the most decisive player in the new SPL era. I can only think of Fateh's Eilton and Doris Salomo as other candidates.

12. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So Ittihad drops back to place they belong to after Nasser defeats them again 1-0.
    Hilal wins, Ahli wins, and they go beyond Ittihad 2 points clear.

13. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So Hilal and Ittihad win there fixtures against Ahli and Qadsiyah. Nasr being Nasr falls to defeat against Tawoon.

10 matches played top six team seprated by 5 points...:D

14. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hilal thoroughly outplayed Ahli, it's weird as if Ahli were paying with 10 men. Hilal vs. Nassr.

The title race will still be tight in my opinion, Shabab will play Hilal & Nassr in the next 2 rounds and can push either of them in the wrong direction. :D

15. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Shabab must stop dropping points against small teams if they really want to fight for top 4 atleast

16. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So Hilal, Ittihad , Ahli and Nasser records win easily...But I predict a three horse race later in the league with either Nasser or Ahli falling of the grid. Ittihad and Hilal looking strong to keep the pace..

17. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ittihad wins against Fateh while Ahli also defeated Tawoon. The title race is open and 4 teams (Hilal, Ittihad, Ahli and Nasr) are in contention for this season while Shabab & Ettifaq have outside chance.

18. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    So Ittihad are top after beating Fateh.
    Despite all the financial and legal troubles inherited, the players and administration have beaten the odds.

19. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    The big 4 all won in round 14 and are now pulling away from the rest of the table.

20. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ittihad stripped off 3 points ...Congrats Hilal..!!

21. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Why ?

22. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Issues related to Debt, Management

23. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Transfer Round Up -
    Ali Azqaan and Rabie Sufyani close to join Ittihad
    Saeed Muwallad join Ahli back from Raed..If its good for him , then no issues from me and it must help the NT too..
    Elton Jose join Qadsiyah

24. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Rabie Sufyani moves to Ittihad. Finally someone to back up Ahmed Akaichi n remove burden from hi,
    Nasser Shamrani will be moving away from Hilal as coach decides to drop him from team.

25. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mohammed Al-owais will be the biggest move IMO. He is a significant upgrade over whoever he replaces in Hilal or Ahli.