Alert: Saudi Professional League- 2014-15

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by al ittihady, Aug 4, 2014.

?

Who will take it this time

1. Hilal

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Ittihad

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    His official game is agaisnt Hajer.

2. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Raheb's antics were something else.
    Don't know what to think about Fateh. I really wanted them to build on their league win and compete with the big 4 even if they can't match them financially, but they really capitulated. Doesn't look like they're even trying.
    This season feels even more lopsided than normal, the smaller teams aren't pulling their weight at all.

3. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Taawon misses a penalty vs. Nassr, they are surprisingly playing good football this 1st half.

4. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So Ittihad loses second match on the row and first under new coach. A bit disappointed with the coach as he was feeling more content to sit and relax on the bench rather being aggresavie on the field. He faces Hilal next and also a plenty of time to get the team well as league stops for Gulf Cup

Oh , Nasser have sacked Raul Kaneda. Any one with a reason?

5. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    WOW, I thought Ittihad's defeat was away from home.

Their last game vs. Taawon wasn't convincing at all, the game could have easily gone 3 or 4 goals for Taawon. I don't know if this was the case in the other games as I didn't watch many of them but the majority of Nasrawies seem to believe he couldn't quite get the team to play in his style of possession-based football. I'm not sure if this will turn out to be the right decision so we will wait and see how they do when the league is back.

6. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    What you want him to do, run on to the pitch and score???
    Ittihad could've easily won the match if they converted a couple of the many many chances they had on goal, but they didn't. The pitch also didn't help (what's with the injuries!)

7. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    It will be difficult with Regechampf's Al Hilal. Piturca had more conflicts with him here in Romania. I'am curious if they will talk before and after.

8. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ofcourse..:D
    You must be happy man now.. Noor out of the squad..:p

9. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ohk Wait...Ittihad coach removed all the gks from the squad due to indiscipline showed by the players so now Mohd Noor will be the new coach of Ittihad..How disgusting it is..:mad:

10. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    What? Victor Piturca was sacked or I don't understand well?

11. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Oh..Really sorry. Mohd Noor can be or will the new GK for Ittihad..

12. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Been a fair few coaching changes this year!! Why are Romanians the preferred tacticians??

13. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ittihad 0-0 Hilal-

A fair result. Ittihad dominated the second half but were failing to break down to the final third. The coach bought out two new players to the team from bench which gives me a good sign.

14. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    For me the first reason is the comparatively cheap for the clubs rather to hire from a different european nationality.

15. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree that a 0-0 is a fair result, however I think Hilal's coach isn't using his bench wisely.
    Hamad Alhamad & Yousef Alsalem should have played more minutes and maybe even started the game. Hilal isn't in a very good position right now to win the league and while the ACL was taking some of the pressure off the club it's over now so they need to improve their results and form quickly before the league is stopped once again for Asian Cup.

16. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So Ittihad loses again under Piturca against Shabab 1-0 making it difficult for them to be back to fight for the league.
    Nasser wins against Hilal 1-0 which obivously Hilal fans will blame it on the refree

17. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I watched the 2nd half of Itti vs. Shabab, and I thought Ittihad didn't deserve to lose. It looked as one of those matches where the opposition looked for a draw since the 1st minute but they somehow managed to win the game eventually.

The derby match was overall a sub-par, and the least worse team has won. I don't blame the referee although he got some critical decisions wrong, because this Hilal performances haven't really met the expectations, and we've said this after all the matches vs. the big teams now which Hilal failed to score a single goal, so there is definitely something wrong with the team.

I've said it before Hilal's manager didn't realize how good his bench is. Salem Dawsary for example has played too many games in the past few weeks and he has been underperforming for a while, yet he still plays 90 minutes in every game while the likes of Yousef Alsalem don't feature before the 75th minute of the game and some really good players like Hamad Alhamad can't get even a single minute of playing time. I like Reghecampf's approach in the games vs. weaker sides as he seems to know his team's attacking power, but he really need to improve his results against the better teams now while Hilal still have the chance to win the league.

18. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Highlights for Al Hilal game?

19. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  20. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Another winless match for Piturca...No tactical coach..does not seem to be serious during the match..sits and warms up his ass on the bench...i dont see him taking on Ittihad for long or might b just have patience till January and depending on the new players he bring we can judge but still its too early..

21. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    No Wehda in the premier league again this year.

Why even live? :cry:

At least it looks like Nassr are gonna grab the title again.

22. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Does anyone here know about average salary in Saudi Pro league? How are the facilities in many clubs?

23. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    You want to join Hilal or Nasser??

24. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i don't know much about the league to decide, but I'll go with Hilal. (No, it's not because of Quack Tae Hwi)

25. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You sure sound like you are thinking about playing here. :D

It's difficult to have accurate numbers for the players' wages as they aren't usually published anywhere, but for paying a Saudi player's salary a club can't exceed an upper limit of 53,000 $ per month as a gross salary
    (40,000 $ as a basic salary, and 13,000 $ depends on how many games have they played in).
    I suppose you already know that there are some stuff going under the table.:D

I've never been into any club to be honest but most of them are old and their building designs are less than appealing, although the big clubs have realized what they are missing and started to become more fan-friendly in the recent years.

Radu Razvan and chook90 repped this.